04/16/79
unknown location, studio rehearsals
Source - sbd-mr-dat-cd
Disc 1 (corrected)
01 Jam >
02 Not Fade Away >
03 Jam >
04 Drums >
05 Jam
06 Passenger
07 Passenger
08 I Need A Miracle Intro
09 Bertha
10 Bertha > Good Lovin
Disc 2
01 I Need a MiracleJam
02 Scarlet Begonias
03 Scarlet Begonias
04 Scarlet Begonias >
05 Fire on the Mountain
06 Jam (sorta spacey)
Disc 3
01 Gloria >
02 Linda Lou
03 Jam
04 Jam
05 Jack Straw
rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com: (link 1 fix in comments)
http://lix.in/-8813e1
or
http://lix.in/-899a8c
http://lix.in/-8b212d
http://lix.in/-8ca7ce
http://lix.in/-7eec2f
http://lix.in/-8072d0
http://lix.in/-81f971
http://lix.in/-838012
http://lix.in/-8506b3
http://lix.in/-868d54
http://lix.in/-8813f5
http://lix.in/-899a96
or
http://kkwcrn.link-protector.com
http://kkwcrc.link-protector.com
http://kkwcrr.link-protector.com
http://kkwcrs.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsx.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsw.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsv.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsk.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsm.link-protector.com
http://kkwcrm.link-protector.com
http://kkwcrz.link-protector.com
megaupload: (see comments for fix)
http://lix.in/-7eec39
or
http://lix.in/-8072e4
http://lix.in/-81f985
http://lix.in/-838026
http://lix.in/-8506c7
http://lix.in/-868d68
http://lix.in/-881409
http://lix.in/-899aaa
http://lix.in/-8b214b
http://lix.in/-8ca7ec
http://lix.in/-7eec4d
http://lix.in/-8072ee
or
http://kkwcss.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxx.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxw.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxv.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxk.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxm.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxz.link-protector.com
http://kkwrxn.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsn.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsc.link-protector.com
http://kkwcsr.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
12 comments:
Part 6 is missing from the megaupload, however, it is present in the rapidshare.
Thank you very much, I had not heard this before, very cool.
Bob W.
http://lix.in/-87861e
http://kkrrxv.link-protector.com
part 6 megaupload
I downloaded from rapidshare so I don't need the megaload part 6, but I thought I'd test the fix.
I still get a file missing message.
Bob W.
I get this when I try part 1 on RS...
The file is not fully saved at RapidShare yet. This file is possibly still being uploaded.
Please try again later.
I will reup part 1 on rs by Monday
Thank you so very much. Not that I'm unhappy with the several hundred hours of Floyd and Zeppelin and other shows I've gotten here, but these guys are my first true obsession. Can't wait to hear these. Thanks Dave.
Thomas in SC
studio location: Club Front, San Rafael, CA
Note that the track list inexplicably omits the last 3 titles from Disc 1, fortunately all the music files are present.
The tracks following the two takes of "Passenger" are:
08 I Need A Miracle Intro
09 Bertha
10 Bertha > Good Lovin
These correspond with the files gd1979-04-16d1t08, ..d1t09, and ..d1t10,
respectively.
This session is noteworthy among the numerous times the band jammed in the Club Front studios in San Rafael, because this rehearsal is actually for the benefit of (then) new member Brent Mydland in preparation for his on-stage debut with the band (a few days later in San Jose).
So what we are hearing is the introduction of a new creative element into a well- established musical rapport, and it is a fascinating listen.
Brent's respect for the Boys is evident in his exploration of musical and vocal melodic lines which serve to embellish and elevate the others' playing.
Even at this stage, his collaborative interplay -- with Jerry, in particular -- demonstrates a spirit of mutual receptivity and cooperative instincts well-suited for his role in the band (although it will take many fans a whlie to catch on).
Of course he also can't wait to show off all the far-out space warbles his gear can generate (after all, the last guy just played piano all the time), so there are some rather enthusiastically rendered space jam segments.
As for the quality of the recording, it is of typically perfect quality so characteristic of the Dead's studio production.
Altogether a quite enjoyable performance. Musicians in particular will find this an instructive and rewarding recording.
- Rock Hard Ride Free! -
"It depends on which drummer you are listening to" - Bob Weir
rapidshare part 1:
http://lix.in/-8dcae6
or
http://kksrcv.link-protector.com
Thanks for the RS1 fix. You are the man!!!!
Muzyck
I had some troubles with this one, different parts not being complete but finally got it all. Very nice recording and makes a good compliment to the Bobby studio sessions recently posted. Many thanks!
fyi - the fix links are semi-dead. They work but the files are "temporarily unavailable". :(
Post a Comment