Tarrant County Convention Center
Ft.Worth, Texas
April, 1976
Unknown audience > CDR > MacBook Pro > Peak Pro XT > xACT 1.59 > Flac with Trader's Little Helper> Torrent with Trader's Little Helper
SET LIST:
Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line
Ladies Love Outlaws
Long Time Gone
Amanda
Lonesome,Orn'ry And Mean
Let's All Help The Cowboys (Sing The Blues)
This Time
Dreaming My Dreams With You
Can't You See
Slow Rollin' Low
Me & Bobby McGee
Suspicious Minds (w/Jessi Colter)
Band Introductions
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?
Outro Music
I'm A Ramblin' Man
Back In The Saddle (Tease) > Good Hearted Woman (w/Willie Nelson)
Bob Wills Is Still The King
Band Members:
Waylon Jennings - Vocals, Guitar
Richie Albright - Drums
- Listen to track 13 for remaining band members
OU COMMENTS: I received this show as a trade years ago....there may be other copies available from other traders.
Recorded during the height of the Outlaw country movement, which had moved into the mainstream and long before Waylon and Willie had their bitter falling out. The Outlaws where riding the wave of the first country Platinum selling LP "Wanted! The Outlaws".
Out of all the artists involved in the Outlaw country movement, I always felt Waylon was the poster child for the movement and lived the outlaw country life...while Willie was note perfect every night, Waylon changed up his shows, flubbed lines at times (with some chemical help) and was occasionally out of tune but attacked every show like it may be his last...another words he put on a helluva show night after night.
This show came to me dated only as 1976, I've found the Waylon collectors don't appear to be too detailed with dates as 90% of the shows I have are only dated with the year. There are a few clues in the show that can help narrow it down and I've landed on the most likely date being sometime in April.
First off, before "Suspicious Minds" Waylon mentions that the song had just been
re-released, the re-released single first hit the charts on May 1st, 1976 peaking at No. 2. It appears the single was re-released in April. In addition, Waylon was in the studio recording in March, it's documented that on March 22nd he recorded "Are You Ready For The Country" and on March 24th he recorded "Jack O' Diamonds".
"Wanted! The Outlaws" went Platinum on March 30th which possibly spurred the re-release of "Suspicious Minds".
Waylon announces during the show that there will be a Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic in Gonzalez, Texas and it would stand to reason April would be a likely timeframe for this announcement. There is a possibility the show took place in March but it's not likely it was earlier than that.
The show itself is a classic, recorded very close to the stage with minimal to no crowd noise, there is nice instrument separation and clarity. There was a slight high pitched hum that I took out but other than that not much had to be done besides some slight editing.
Waylon always did great rock covers from "Midnight Rider" to "Are You Ready For The Country" to "Will The Wolf Survive" and we get two of his best here with "Can't You See" and "Suspicious Minds".
We are fortunate to have such a great sounding audience recording of this historic tour!
Sit back, Crank it UP and Enjoy!
rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-87cdb0
http://lix.in/-895451
http://lix.in/-8adaf2
or
http://kvkknm.link-protector.com
http://kvkknz.link-protector.com
http://kvkknn.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-802c95
http://lix.in/-81b336
http://lix.in/-8339d7
or
http://kvkknc.link-protector.com
http://kvkknr.link-protector.com
http://kvkkns.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
5 comments:
This looks pretty cool. Thanks for the upload!
http://lix.in/-81b336
MU link #2 = "unfortunately the link you have clicked is not available". Rock on Dave, you rule
Kudos for posting some Waylon. I usually wouldn't go for anything below Exc-, but you seem to be giving it an "almost Exc-" grade and IT IS WAYLON so...
If anyone is a fan, check out his officially released double live album, called Waylon Live I believe.
I wish there were some tracks from Honky Tonk Heroes on this one. It is one of my all time favorite albums. Slow Rollin' Low might be a bonus track on it.
Anyways, I will post my thoughts on the sound quality and performance once I listen to it. And please post more Waylon, esp higher sound quality stuff. Thanks!
VG show, AUD B+/A-, which corresponds to a VG++ in my book. If you love Waylon, you'll enjoy this one. Even if you don't, I think the sound is good enough to enjoy the set.
I want to thank you Dave for almost always posting a sound grade for AUDs and compliment you for almost always getting it right. I am one of those who generally isn't interested in anything below an Exc- grade and I appreciate you allowing me to not waste my time on shows below that standard.
The 2nd Mega link is broken. Could you please re-post? Thanx.
Post a Comment