Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Rolling Stones: Chicago Chess Sessions 1964 (FLAC)

chess-frontsm
Label: "Fake" London
Made in Italy (1998)
EAC
Flac Image, Cue & Log
HQ Scans

“Excellent collection of the material the Rolling Stones recorded at Chicago's legendary Chess Studios in 1964. They relied heavily on covers, particularly songs which were originally recorded at Chess such as Chuck Berry's "Around and Around" and "Reelin' and Rockin'". The tracks recorded June 10-11, 1964. The instrumental song title "2120 Michigan Avenue" refers to the street address of Chess. This collection was released in an abbreviated LP format in 1988 by London Records in Japan but has never been released as a CD anywhere in the world officially.”

TRACKLIST
01. 2120 South Michigan Avenue (long version)
02. Confessin' The Blues (stereo version)
03. High Heel Sneakers
04. Reelin' And Rockin'
05. It's All Over Now
06. If You Need Me
07. Empty Heart
08. Around And Around
09. Good Times, Bad Times
10. Down The Road Apiece (stereo version)
11. I Can't Be Satisfied (stereo version)
12. Look What You've Done (stereo version)
13. Stewed And Keefed
14. Tell Me Baby
15. Down In The Bottom
16. Confessin' The Blues
17. I Can't Be Satisfied
18. Look What You've Done
19. 2120 South Michigan Avenue (stereo version)
20. It's All Over Now (stereo version)

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-81ddd6
or
http://lix.in/-7a3cbb
http://lix.in/-7bc35c
http://lix.in/-7d49fd
http://lix.in/-7ed09e
http://lix.in/-80573f

or
http://kwxsmr.link-protector.com
http://kwxsms.link-protector.com
http://kwxszx.link-protector.com
http://kwxszw.link-protector.com
http://kwxszv.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-7a3c9d
or
http://lix.in/-81ddc2
http://lix.in/-836463
http://lix.in/-84eb04
http://lix.in/-8671a5
http://lix.in/-87f846

or
http://kwxsmw.link-protector.com
http://kwxsmv.link-protector.com
http://kwxsmk.link-protector.com
http://kwxsmm.link-protector.com
http://kwxsmz.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Era
Great Band
Great Studio
Great Covers
Great Post
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but after I d/l all I get is the entire disc in one file(no seperate tracks) This is the first time I've encountered this from your site. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

Cool collection of early Stones.

Anonymous said...

You need to download a program called Burrrn... free and easy to use. Once you have Burrrn, you need to open the RAR file and drag the contents into a new file on your computer. And BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE CUE SHEET or the whole deal won't work. Open Burrn, drag the cue sheet from your file over to burn, and it takes like an instant for all the songs to load as separate songs. Then burn it using Burrrn. YOU MUST open a file for the cue sheet. You CANNOT just drag it over from the open RAR file. Et voila... you own a CD with all the tracks separated.

Mike Hunt said...

@ Bootleg43 Thanks !! great tip. also a great post!

Anonymous said...

some of this stuff was released officially on the new SACD CDS.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Back atcha, Mike! We gets and we gives and hopefully it all works out about even. Besides, Dave (of Dave is the MAN! fame) who runs this blog was the one who yurned us all onto Burrrn.

Anonymous said...

smiles... turned us onto it too... even... (hates making typos)

Anonymous said...

As good as this is - and it is all mighty fine - for which I thank you, it is the kind of material that got SS shut down. The majority of it was released on "12x5" and "The Rolling Stones Now". US and UK releases were not the same but most of this this has all been officially released.

For the safety of this site, I advise you to delete this post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave

First of all thank you so much for your extraordinary work and total dedication. What you do for us music lovers is absolutely wonderful. I have a request for a particular title, it is The Rolling Stones - Live' R Than You'll Ever Be (Genuine Masters, catalogue number DVD-A 15). There is a version of this show in one of your posts but it is a transfer of the original vinyl version and also it is in MP3format. The Genuine Masters version is by far the best version of this show, much better than the Tarantura and Sister Morphine versions that sound quite unnatural (especially the Sister Morphine version). Any chance to have this excellent historical show posted in the near future?

Anonymous said...

Well, but, um... I have a Mac... I have to decode the big FLAC file and split up the tracks. That definately sucks. The CUE file doesn't work with Toast 8 for some reason.