Friday, July 23, 2010

Pink Floyd: Los Angeles 1980 (VG Aud) shn

1980-02-09_LA_FRONT
date/venue: 1980 February 09 - Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California, USA
source: audience / TDK-D60x1+TDK-D90x1 cass[?]>Philips(FCD485) playback>SBL>CD WAVE>wav
tot length: 105:07
overall: VG

CD1
01. Intro/In the Flesh? [3:42]
02. The Thin Ice [3:34]
03. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 1) [4:29]
04. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives [1:32]
05. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) [6:14]
06. Mother [7:29]
07. Goodbye Blue Sky [3:39]
08. Empty Spaces [2:23]
09. What Shall We Do Now? [1:29]
10. Young Lust [4:43]
11. One Of My Turns [3:54]
12. Don't Leave Me Now [4:00]
13. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 3) [4:56]
14. Goodbye Cruel World [1:06]

CD2
01. Hey You [5:10]
02. Is There Anybody Out There? [2:38]
03. Nobody Home [3:29]
04. Vera [1:24]
05. Bring The Boys Back Home [1:22]
06. Comfortably Numb [7:31]
07. The Show Must Go On [2:33]
08. intro [1:26]
09. In the Flesh [4:19]
10. Run Like Hell [7:25]
11. Waiting For The Worms [4:33]
12. Stop! [0:37]
13. The Trial [6:06]
14. Outside The Wall [3:12]

OU notes: This is a version from a fantape kindly sent me by a collector, I wouldn't call this version an upgrade, although it definitely is over my previous 2 versions. I do think almost all the tapes of this recording sound pretty equal (as it seems at least) not very very good, but some are worse ;).
Hard to give a precise report about the sound quality, this recording has several changes of sound quality because of a change of volume due either to the taper hiding the recorder or the touching of the volume level control, this I don't know. It's overall a VG recording with low level of hiss (although you must play it loud to enjoy it a bit and playing the tape loud you get more hiss too) and with all very listenable/hearable.
The contents are about the same as on all the other versions circulating, I mastered it on cd at the loudest volume possible but avoiding to get crackles on the back, no NR or anything have been applied, it's pretty nice on headphones in the not shrilling parts (the parts recorded at a loud volume). With a good "silent" stereo (no headphones) the recording may reach a full VG+ if you're focused on the general listening of the show and do not care about hearing a perfect instrument definition.
Speed was rather weird but trying to speedcorrect it some parts (especially the vocal parts) still sounded a bit weird at times, so at last I left all as it is on the tape.
Waters on RLH: "Do you like our pig? Go home pig. Go on, off you go. This next tune is ... one for all the paranoids in the audience; I'm sure there's a few out there. It's called 'Run Like Hell'."

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8dd7b6
or
http://lix.in/-8943dd
http://lix.in/-8aca7e
http://lix.in/-8c511f
http://lix.in/-8dd7c0
http://lix.in/-801c21
http://lix.in/-81a2c2
http://lix.in/-832963

or
http://kmxknm.link-protector.com
http://kmxknz.link-protector.com
http://kmxknn.link-protector.com
http://kmxknc.link-protector.com
http://kmxknr.link-protector.com
http://kmxkns.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-87bd46
or
http://lix.in/-84b00e
http://lix.in/-8636af
http://lix.in/-87bd50
http://lix.in/-8943f1
http://lix.in/-8aca92
http://lix.in/-8c5133
http://lix.in/-8dd7d4

or
http://kmxkcw.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcv.link-protector.com
http://kmxkck.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcm.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcz.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcn.link-protector.com
http://kmxkcc.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit off-topic, but I really do feel that the mono Saucerful upload should be removed.

As your site states: "No Commercially Released Material. Period"

Otherwise, as usual, this is one of the best places on the internet!

thanks!

QualityBootZ said...

I removed it.
Thx for caring enough to say something.

Z said...

Was the mono version of "Saucerful" officially released or is the mono promo considered a commercial release? Or is a mono version of any stereo take considered off limits? Just curious.

QualityBootZ said...

I really believe that the mono release was not just a dropping down of the stereo to mono. Some of the source material seemed inferior to the album and some of the material sounded so as to have a different mix but it is better to play it safe than have the whole blog torn down for one post.
I do have a number of acetate releases on the site that differ little from the official but their source is KNOWN to not be the official stuff.
I will probably not post any more like the Mono post but I do ocassionally post a pirated recording that portrays itself as a bootleg.
When I do err on a post I rely on you to let me know.
-dave

Anonymous said...

I agree that it's largely a good idea to post and then see what the reaction will be.

Genesis, for example, allow some cross-over and can be quite relaxed for the most part. They're okay with some bootleg versions of their commercialy released material, ie, the Genesis Live Dutch test pressing, most of which was an official release, but the version with supper's ready was not.

It's often band/artist specific. Some aren't happy no matter what you share, commercially released or otherwise. I'm sure you can rely on this site's visitors/fans of specfic bands to know in detail what is and what isn't moot.

Any gray-area material will no doubt cause some discussion. But discussion is good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the excellent Floyd posts