Demos for Ace LP - 1971
These are solo acoustic references made with lyricist John Barlow, recorded at Bob's Marin home during Fall of 1971. Sourced from pre-FM production CD made by David Gans for one of his KPFA Dead Marathon pledge drives a few years ago. Some of Weir's most beloved songs in their embryonic stage.
C Shuffle is an early development of Walk In The Sunshine. The unknown song is nice and is unique to these reference recordings.
1 C Shuffle 1
2 unknown song 1
3 Cassidy 1
4 Black Throated Wind
5 Weather Report Prelude
6 Jack Straw
7 Cassidy 2
8 C Shuffle 2
9 unknown song 2
rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7e97c6
http://lix.in/-801e67
or
http://kvkwwz.link-protector.com
http://kvkwwn.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-872310
http://lix.in/-88a9b1
or
http://kvxmzx.link-protector.com
http://kvxmzw.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
7 comments:
Well this looks interesting. Gans isn't on the radio in my area so I no longer get the GDH. Luckily, you've supplied this here. Thanks
A fine collection of works in progress. I would like to see Bob break out of Ratdog for awhile and record a new solo. The last solo effort was his collection of songs for children `Baru Bay`. I have the cassette version of Baru Bay. I don`t know if it was released on cd.
thanks for the bobby always up for acoustic dead
Thanks for the Bobby demos. Unlike some heads, I liked the Bob tunes as much as the Jerry. I'm too young to have heard WRSuite in concert but the versions they played in '74 are among my favorites (esp. 06.28). Still, I was able see Let It Grow, Jack Straw, and Cassidy many times. It wouldn't have been the same without him and Furthur ain't so bad either. Thanks again for this and all the other Dead.
Oh yeah - Phish killed the South last week!!!
Love ya. Thomas in SC
Many thanks!!!
C-shuffle 1 and 2 is actually "Walk In The Sunshine" without lyrics and is a very nice version of the song... great to hear it in it's embryonic form. Unknown song 1 remains unknown to these ears as does Unknown Song 2. Anybody else wanna give it a try?
Very nice and interesting demos.Thanks a lot for this beautiful music.It reminds me the days when accustic Western (guitars like Martin or Ibanez) were always all around.Thanks a lot.
v-c
Post a Comment