The 80's Live Volume 3 "Headbangers And Heavy Metal"
One of the most underrated heavy-metal bands of this time period has to be Saxon. Their set, as represented here, kicks ass to the point where you have to wonder why they never made it big. The only problem I have is that it isn't long enough so that I could give you more of it.
This set is drawn from two vinyl sources. The first is a rare Def Leppard boot called "Heavy Rock Brigade". It's from the Marquee Club in London. The date listed is 9-2-83, which could either be September 2nd or February 9th depending upon which country the LP originated from. It's from the band's peak abilities, and includes their hit "Photograph".
The second is from the European version of the "Heavy Metal Holocaust" box set. Unfortunately, I can't pin down the dates and locations for the Saxon and Motorhead gigs. The set says it's from a live festival in the UK in 1981.
This set was eq'd on the original master to be played as LOUD as possible. Aside from a small bass boost here and there, the only thing done to the two sets was vinyl restoration. The sound on both the shows should be considered medium quality FM. The Def Leppard show is a tight audience recording.
Def Leppard:
Rock Brigade
Photograph
Another Hit and Run
Billy's Got a Gun
Rock of Ages
Travellin' Band
Let it Go
Getcha Rocks Off
Wasted
rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8d6feb
http://lix.in/-8ef68c
http://lix.in/-813aed
or
http://kmmzzv.link-protector.com
http://kmmzzk.link-protector.com
http://kmmzzm.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-875571
http://lix.in/-88dc12
http://lix.in/-8a62b3
or
http://kmmzzz.link-protector.com
http://kmmzzn.link-protector.com
http://kmmzzc.link-protector.com
+++
Saxon:
Stallions of the Highway
Motorcycle Man
Backs To the Wall
747
Rock and Roll
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-813af7
or
http://kmmzck.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-85ceda
or
http://kmmznx.link-protector.com
+++
Motorhead:
Ace Of Spades
The Hammer
Bomber
Capricorn
Overkill
Motorhead
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8a62c7
http://lix.in/-8be968
or
http://kmmzcm.link-protector.com
http://kmmzcz.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-84484d
http://lix.in/-85ceee
or
http://kmmzcn.link-protector.com
http://kmmzcc.link-protector.com
4 comments:
The Def Leppard show if from February of 1983...from the Marquee Club in London...it is from the warm-up tour, just prior to the release of the Pyromania album, as the band was breaking in Phil Collen as a replacement for the departed Pete Willis. Your version is incomplete, as the entire show runs about 75mins in length. I do have a second generation cassette of that show and would be happy to share it...but I don't the technology to convert it from cassette...can you help with that ?
I used to have that "Heavy Metal Holocaust" 3x Lp Boxset and the Motörhead part of that boot is taken directly from "No sleep 'til Hammersmith" and so official material. Compare it and you will hear its the same!
Wow, thank yo very much. I use to own the Heavy Metal Holocaust box set when I was a kid.
I'm afraid I have to agree with Dani, The motorhead part is audience chit chat mixed with live tracks form No Sleep Til Hammersmith, the saxon part might be from the Lochem Pop Festival 1981 in Holland on which motorhead appeared also, and from which The Golden Years EP was taken.
Pimp
Post a Comment