Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Cars: Candy-O Monitor Mixes (Master Reel) 1979 FLAC

side one
2-27-79
master reel>reel>CDR>Max>FLAC
Monitor mixes for The Cars second album, Candy-O: no lead guitar, no background vocals, different lead vocals, and a few other surprises. Running order and spelling is the same as on the reel box. A++ sound quality on this one.

Night Life Baby (aka Let's Go)
One Too Many Times (aka It's All I Can Do)
Since I Held You
Double Life
Shu Bee Doo
Candy O
Nightspots
Slip Away
Lust For Kix
Got A Lot On My Head
Dangerous Type
That's It
You Can't Hold On Too Long

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-2a26ab
http://lix.in/-2bad4c
http://lix.in/-2d33ed


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-2eba8e
http://lix.in/-30412f
http://lix.in/-31c7d0


Comments welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for all of the great shows you have posted! I'm sure it takes a lot of time, and we really appreciate it! I thought I read in one of your Head East posts that you are a John Schlit fan. If so, I just posted a Petra 2005 Soundboard Farewell show over at Guitars101.com. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Peace,

Ken

Anonymous said...

I'll have to take a look -thanks for the "head's up".
Dave

Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks much. Have you ever seen the Cars concert in Central Park? I guess they held the record for a show with 500,000 for one year? Would love to hear that one.

Anonymous said...

Very nice sounding show. A real quality boot! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

THESE ARE TREMENDOUS, THANKS 2.0.. zenwarrior

Andy Rampage said...

WOW! I'd ALWAYS 'thought' this was a 'better'/BEST 'EFFORT' by THE CARS! ~Even though it was "the other record"..that had ALL THE 'HITS'!!
I'm 'looking-forward' to giving this a listen..THANKS SO MUCH for "sharing" it with US!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful !

Unknown said...

This is 'just what I needed'.
Unfortunately all links are dead. Is there any chance of a re-post?
It's really a gem and I cannot find it nowhere.
Best wishes! Thanks for sharing great stuff.

Edna
Brazil