Thursday February 6, 1975
Montreal Canada
Montreal Forum
Very Good Audience Recording
Empress Valley Silver > EAC > WAV > FLAC
Disc 1
Rock and Roll
Sick Again
Over the Hills and Far Away
In My Time of Dying
The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Kashmir
Disc 2
No Quarter
Trampled Underfoot
Moby Dick
Disc 3
Dazed and Confused
Stairway to Heaven
Whole Lotta Love-Black Dog
Heartbreaker
A mixed performance, inspired in places but incredibly poor in others. Plant’s voice seems to have taken a turn for the worse again. The winter weather is constantly hindering his recovery.
During Over The Hills, Page’s guitar lead packs up and Plant fills in above the rhythm section. After The Rain Song, Robert lectures the crowd on the Mellotron: “it’s a very peculiar instrument because every time we take it
somewhere, it goes out of tune. Its built and comprises of tapes inside the box, and to simulate violins is not an easy job when you’re traveling to North America. IN fact, we’re gonna try to simulate some Eastern violins now.”
Kashmir is growing more powerful with each performance and is rapidly turning into one of the highlights of the show.
Bonham’s solo is now stretching to 25 minutes and tonight Plant calls Bonzo “Karen Carpenter”, a reference to a recent poll in Playboy magazine which placed Karen Carpenter as ‘Best Drummer’, above Bonzo. Bonham’s first hand response is captured in an interview with Lisa Robinson: “Karen Carpenter couldn’t last ten f^cking minutes with a Zeppelin number!”
Dazed and Confused includes a very delicate version of San Francisco and is now recapturing some of its former glories. Page’s solo on Stairway to Heaven is also developing a previously unknown intricacy.
A bizarre siren heralds the end of the show and tonight, instead of Communication Breakdown, the Canadians are treated to a ragged version of Heartbreaker as a second encore.
-From Led Zeppelin: The Concert File
Highly recommended book by Dave Lewis and Simon Pallett
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-4379bd
http://lix.in/-45005e
http://lix.in/-3744bf
http://lix.in/-38cb60
http://lix.in/-3a5201
http://lix.in/-3bd8a2
http://lix.in/-3d5f43
http://lix.in/-3ee5e4
http://lix.in/-406c85
http://lix.in/-41f326
http://lix.in/-4379c7
http://lix.in/-450068
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-38e456
http://lix.in/-3a6af7
http://lix.in/-3bf198
http://lix.in/-3d7839
http://lix.in/-3efeda
http://lix.in/-40857b
http://lix.in/-420c1c
http://lix.in/-4392bd
http://lix.in/-45195e
http://lix.in/-375dbf
http://lix.in/-38e460
http://lix.in/-3a6b01
Comments welcome.
4 comments:
I have no idea how to contact the person who maintains this blog but I'd like to make a request...
I'm looking for "Alabama Getaway", a Jethro Tull show from Birmingham, Alabama at the Alabama Theatre on May 1, 2002. I haven't been able to find it anywhere, despite my best efforts, maybe whoever runs this or anyone who reads this might actually have a copy or could direct me to a place where I could find it?
It doesn't even have to be super high quality and remastered, I just want to hear it. I was at the concert; I was 12 and it was my first one. Can anyone help me out or upload it?
I do not have nor do I know (at this time) how to get it. That should not completely discourage you however. Some folks have found that patience does pay off. The poor folks who wanted Kraftwerk waited almost a year...now they have two.
Hey Real2.0, I dont remember if I already requested this from you: LedZep NY MadisonSG 12/FEB/75, but not "Flying Circus" nor "Four blocks". I am searching for "that's allright New York" release under Godfather label, which is supposed to be the very best issue of that show...
Congrats for your wonderful blog ! Keep the faith !
Vincent
Just a quick "Cheers!" to you for creating, and most importantly, maintaining QUALITY BOOTS. I have picked up some great music from you the past few months. Great to be able to replace my older mp3recordings ("Not, that there's anything wrong with those.") with updated FLACS! Love the live stuff but crave the studio outtakes. I know you will eventually get around to posting the COMPLETE Studio Sessions. Much thanks for the Twickenham and Abbey Road recordings. I go in there every once in a while to pick up another day or two.
Great job! ~ RESdead
"Trade music, not hostages."
.....
Post a Comment