Friday, February 27, 2009

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers: Munich 1972 Soundboard FLAC

S500_
1978-8-18 Munich, Germany
SBD

Art Blakey,
Ramon Mattia,
George Cables,
Stanley Clarke,
Jeremy Steig,
Buck Clark,
Tony Williams,

1) Intro
2) Swamp Carol 13:54,
3) Rita 10:01,
4) Virginia 13:24,
5) Unknown, 25:20,
6) Unknown 9:41
72:55

Jazzrita sez:
here are the line-up with instruments (in the correct discographical order):
Jeremy Steig,fl
George Cables,p,e-p
Stanley Clarke,b
Art Blakey,dr,voc
Tony Williams,dr
Ray Mantilla,per
Buck Clarke,per

1 Announcement AB 2:32
2 Swam Carol (JS,comp) / Announcement AB 13:54
3 Rita (GC,comp) / Announcement AB 10:01
4 Virginia (TW,comp) / Announcement AB 13:24
5 Title 23:20
6 Title (fade-out) 9:20

here are the (confusing) notes that came with the torrent:
I don't believe that this are the jazz messengers, but
Art Blakey - Tony Williams - Group
my date is
1973-August-18
jazzdi sez:
Correct year is 1972. This was the Jazz Now Festival in Munich, reported in Coda 8/72 p. 39.
There is another private tape of this group from Chateauvallon Jazz Festival, Toulon, France on August 20, 1972. That was reported on in Jazz Forum 12/72 p. 22.
Blakey's announcement clearly states that "Virginia" is composed by George Cables. If there is any evidence it is by Tony Williams, please supply.
The GEMA database shows "Swamp Carol" as composed by Jeremy Steig and Jan Hammer. It is on Steig's Groove Merchant album "Fusion".
Track 5 is "Cubano Chant" (Ray Bryant).

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-40e6f0
http://lix.in/-426d91
http://lix.in/-43f432
http://lix.in/-457ad3
http://lix.in/-470174


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-457ab5
http://lix.in/-470156
http://lix.in/-3945b7
http://lix.in/-3acc58
http://lix.in/-3c52f9


Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for your excellent site, and sorry that that you (and all of us) have to suffer infantile s***heads like the one who hacked your account (or was this the guy that tried to shut you down recently?). If you need help filling up the empty space, I do have some more jazz if you're up for it (George Benson, Tokyo 1977 and Holdsworth with Tony Williams, plus a Wes Montgomery avi that isn't on general release as far as I'm aware). How do I get the files to you?
Cheers,
Mark

Anonymous said...

Dave:

The correct date on this set is August 18, 1972. Neither Stanley Clarke nor Tony Williams were playing with Blakey by 1978. And the venue is indeed the Jazz Now Festival in Munich, Germany.

Thanks for posting some jazz/improvisational music. There are many among us visitors to your blog who appreciate this (love the Pat Martino you've lately offered).

Many thanks for your efforts . . .

Anonymous said...

I agree...the jazz stuff RULEZ! Your diversity and generousity are greatly appreciated...thanks as always Dave!

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I was wondering if you could source the soundboard of Pearl Jam's 1995-01-14 show in DC (http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=86025). I've searched for a good while now to no avail.

No worries either way. Sincere thanks for all your efforts, cheers.
-BK

ElephanteEd said...

I am getting a 'file not found' message for parts 2,3, & 4. Could these be re-uploaded please?