Monday, June 29, 2009

Miles Davis: Sweden 1971 (FM) FLAC

CN00104880
November 7, 1971
Uppsala Universitets AulaSwedish Uppsala Universitet, Uppsala, Sweden
Sveriges Radio FM broadcasts.

Combined from 3 sources to give one continuous version using the best sources for each track.
Repairs have been done to remove clicks, this was the major part of the edit.
Also a little EQ and Normalization was done to even out the sources.

1. Directions 12:47
2. Honky Tonk 9:51
3. What I Say? 14:00
4. Sanctuary 3:57
5. It’s About That Time 12:06
6. Yesternow 10:37
7. Funky Tonk 16:18
8. Sanctuary 1:16
81 minutes total.

For those who can overburn to disc, the tracks are continuous.
Optional disc 1 fade out, and disc 2 fade in tracks are provided for those who wish to burn to two discs.
Disc1FadeOut should go after 6.Yesternow.
Disc2FadeIn should go before 7.FunkyTonk
This is not the complete performance, but does combine all that has been broadcast.
The radio announcers have not been included.

Line-up.
Miles Davis (tp)
Gary Bartz (ss, as)
Keith Jarrett (kb)
Michael Henderson (b)
"Ndugu" Leon Chancler (d)
Charles Don Alias (pc)
James "Mtume" Foreman (pc)

Lineage: As given in the original torrent: Received from Mr. Losin. EAC -> FLAC level 8
Edit: Flac > wav > Soundforge > wav > Flac (level 8, sector boundary aligned, verified).
Cover art.
http://www.zen164487.zen.co.uk/mdup1.html
Back inserts avaiable for 1 and 2 cd versions, as well as the original 3 sources version.
Many thanks to jkeisers for his permission to edit these sources, and for sharing them, and also to Mr. Losin for the source discs.

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-490c46
or
http://lix.in/-53baad
http://lix.in/-55414e
http://lix.in/-4785af
http://lix.in/-490c50
http://lix.in/-4a92f1


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4da033
or
http://lix.in/-490c5a
http://lix.in/-4a92fb
http://lix.in/-4c199c
http://lix.in/-4da03d
http://lix.in/-4f26de


Comments welcome.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you as well as Mr. Losin and jkeisers for this fine work. I also appreciate the fade in/out sections of the recordings. I have no issues overburning, but I know some others do and is nice for them.

Eric :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I looked earlier today and didn't see much that tickled my fancy. But I came back because I know it can take awhile to put up the days gifts, and VOILA... Dave shoots. Dave SCORES! GOOOOAAAALLLLLA! I'm not sure on the overburn issue. I get a nasty message every time I line something up for overburn so I am afraid to do it on Nero. Anyone have an educated opinion to share on the issue? I'll overburn if it is safe but Nero gives a really creepy message. We Want Miles! Dave Is The Man!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for another great Miles show!

Anonymous said...

I have found with Nero that if one over burns very much that the program will go a bit screwy after a while and not complete any further burns. My advice is to use this function as little as possible unless you want to have to replace your burner drive.

Thanks for the Miles... any FLAC recordings from the 73-75 period would be appreciated. cheers.

Prefabfan said...

I have found from DBpoweramp that an overburn caused a hard disc crash that could not be recovered, I lost all data not backed up. Its otherwise a wonderful program, and even decodes mp384, but..So I knew this very cute girl Claudine, I asked if she wanted to go see Miles Friday night? Who is that?? I explained it was like a chance to see Mozart. She went, and when he played "Human Nature" and "Time After Time" she was in the aisles dancing. Little did we know, that Hollywood Bowl show was his last, and he died shortly after.

Anonymous said...

RE: OVERBURNING: I have used Nero exclusively for 9 years and have burned literally thousands of overburns up to 98 min at times on special CD's. The issue is with the CD drive, NOT the program. Go into Nero/Preferences/Expert Features and enable up to about 81:30 for most all 80 minute CD's. Anything over, will tend to skip like a broken record at end of last song. Nero has a test program to determine amount of overburn for a blank CD.

Sorry Dave for hogging comments page with this info and appreciate ALL your hard work and time.

Eric :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Miles Davis concert, it's great.

Maybe not the place to ask, but does anyone know from which concert/bootleg the song "The man with the horn meets the voodoo chile" comes? I got it on a Jimi Hendrix tape which the taper sent me as a filler, and has Miles and a guy (not Jimi) playing wah-wah guitar for seven or eight minutes. Miles sounds a lot like this concert (and in Funky Tonk the bassist paraphases Jimi's Power of Soul) so I guess the song should be from this period. I searched google but this title was nowhere listed. I really would like to have a good copy of the full concert (Dave?). Thanks anybody.

Best, Dutchy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the overburn comments.

L said...

Gracias!

dputydwg said...

thanks for this!