Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stevie Ray Vaughan's Last Show 1990 Soundboard FLAC

Publication1
8-26-90
Alpine Valley Music Theater
East Troy WI
Stevie's Last Show!!
source: feed to video boardcassette(3rd gen.?>CDR-DA>WAV>FLAC

To complete the summer portion of the "In Step" tour, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble played two shows on August 25 & 26 at Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, WI, while on tour with Eric Clapton.
For travel to the next venue, the tour manager reserved four helicopters to circumvent congested highway traffic. In very dense fog, the helicopters were clear for lift off at 12:40 A.M. Just past the lift-off zone was a 300-foot hill. Vaughan's helicopter pilot was unfamiliar with the flight pattern for exiting the area, and did not climb to sufficient altitude immediately after take-off. Vaughan's helicopter veered off to one side and crashed into the hill.
alpineslopfromstage
According to the findings as reported by the National Transportation Safety Board, the cause of the accident was determined to be inadequate planning by the pilot, and failure to attain sufficient altitude to clear an obstacle. Fog and haze, as well as the rising terrain were listed as contributing factors. All occupants including Vaughan, the pilot and three members of Eric Clapton's travel group were killed on impact.

1. Last Night>
Say What
2. The House Is Rockin'
3. Tightrope
4. Things (That) I Used To Do
5. Let Me Love You Baby
6. Leave Me Little Girl Alone
7. Pride And Joy
8. Wall Of Denial
9. Riviera Paradise
10. Superstition
11. Couldn't Stand The Weather>
Going Down*
-Encore-
12. Crossfire*
13. Voodoo Chile>*
-band intros-

more info: http://www.death2ur.com/TheFinalConcert.htm
artwork of my own design:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33353&d=1245863249
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33354&d=1245863310


rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-4d2c93
or
http://lix.in/-471219
http://lix.in/-4898ba
http://lix.in/-4a1f5b
http://lix.in/-4ba5fc
http://lix.in/-4d2c9d


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4eb33e
or
http://lix.in/-4898c4
http://lix.in/-4a1f65
http://lix.in/-4ba606
http://lix.in/-4d2ca7
http://lix.in/-4eb348


SRV's appearance on Clapton's encore the 26th, along with brother Jimmy, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Albert Lee, and SRV was the king of the jam. Find that encore here, from same audio source:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G6C178O
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX403XLS
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/251159366/EC_8-26-90.rar.html

8 comments:

Dream Theater said...

I can't find those files.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see Stevie live
at Bailey Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 4/18/86, with Double Trouble.

I'm so glad I did. It's probably the highlight of all the concerts I've been to.

I know some sort of bootleg exists for this, not sure of the quality. But I've found rough info that a boot exists. I've been unlucky in finding the actual boot :(

I guess if anyone has it, especially if it's lossless, please share.

Thanks for SRV dave!

-=cb=-

arfarf said...

Thanks for helping circulate this recording. I made the analog to digital transfer of this recording, and feel it is superior to any of the 3 different audience recordings I have of this show. I wasfortunate enough to attend SRV's last 2 shows, both stellar.
Also of note is SRV's appearance on Clapton's encore the 26th, along with brother Jimmy, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Albert Lee, and SRV was the king of the jam. Find that encore here, from same audio source: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G6C178O

QualityBootZ said...

arfarf - YOU are the man!

Anonymous said...

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in getting this show out. It's an amazing performance, and deserves to be shared and enjoyed!

We miss you Stevie...

Anonymous said...

This show has oppressive (but not distorted) bass. Turn the bass way down then crank it up, Stevie is in good form. Saw him along with Clapton in Mansfield, MA on 8/10/90 (would love to get that show hint hint). My mind is a little hazy but I believe John Lee Hooker was on the bill too. I still remember hearing when the news first hit on the radio. What a loss.

michael92105 said...

Finally getting to this one! Many, many thanks! Stellar show.

zowie said...

thanks!