Monday, June 1, 2009

Thelonious Monk Quartet: Cologne 1969 (FM) FLAC

Thelonious_Monk_1967
Sartory, Cologne, Germany
December 2, 1969
FM? > ? > CDR > EAC > WAV > CD Wave Editor (split tracks) > FLAC
Thelonious Monk (p)
Charlie Rouse (ts)
Nate Hygelund (b)
Paris Wright (d)

OU Notes: I received this recording on two discs with no track markers. This is the first time I used CD Wave Editor to split tracks. I deleted two minutes of applause between tracks 11 and 12 so that the entire performance could fit on one disc.

(corrected) tracklist [thanks!]
1 My Ideal
2 I Mean You
3 Bright Mississippi
4 Straight No Chaser
5 Epistrophy
6 Three O'Clock In The Morning (p-solo)
7 Anouncement
8 Blue Monk
9 Hackensack
10 Light Blue
11 Blues Five Spot
12 Don't Blame Me

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-51567e
http://lix.in/-439adf
http://lix.in/-452180
http://lix.in/-46a821
http://lix.in/-482ec2


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-49b563
http://lix.in/-4b3c04
http://lix.in/-4cc2a5
http://lix.in/-4e4946
http://lix.in/-4fcfe7


Comments welcome.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely check this out. Thanks so much for posting it!

Best regards,

William

trippinjohn said...

Many thanks, love getting these older jazz shows!

Anonymous said...

A big thanks for posting this.
Rowland from Australia

Anonymous said...

Very nice, thanks!

Best, Dutchy

trpt2345 said...

A few corrections: track 9 is Hackensack, not Nutty. Track 10 is Light Blue, track 11 is Blues Five Spot, not Something in Blue, and the last track is Jimmy Van Heusen's Don't Blame Me. Thanks for the great music.

mk said...

Thanks vm for that nice post. Hopefully more to come...

Anonymous said...

Another correction: Three o'Clock in the Morning is in fact I Love You Sweetheart of All My Dreams (also recorded for Columbia in 1964).

Thanks for the recording!
Arne

s p a r d a said...

wow...this is awesome. Thanks, man

JLJR said...

Beautiful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Both versions of link 5 are NOT working.