Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ZZ Top: Toronto 1975 (VG+ Aud) FLAC

PN007165
Date: 1975.09.XX
Location: Toronto, Canada
Venue: Maple Leaf Gardens
Source: Audience
Lineage: AUD > ? Maxell LN90 cassette[x] > Pioneer-CT500 tapedeck > Dell PC via stereo Y-cable (Realtek HD soundcard) > Audacity 1.2.6 (44100/16) > WAV(16/44 w/Audacity 1.2.6 > Tracking(cd wave) > Flac (level 8, SBE's aligned)

SetList:
01 Intro (00:26)
02 Thunderbird (02:28)
03 Someone Else Been Shaking Your Tree (01:53)
04 Chevrolet (02:57)
05 Waiting For The Bus (02:17)
06 Jesus Just Left Chicago (03:49)
07 Ride Away (03:39)
08 Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers (02:50)
09 Rattlesnake Shake (05:14)
10 Francine (02:17)
11 Catfish Blues (01:38)
12 Brown Sugar (03:41)
13 Crowd (00:37)
14 Jailhouse Rock (01:42)
15 La Grange (04:32)
16 Crowd (00:44)
Total Time - 40 minutes 44 seconds.

OU Notes: I will rate this show as Ex and the recording as VG+. A little help with date and venue confirmation would be greatly appreciated if possible. I picked this tape up in a record store in Irvington, NJ called "Vintage Vinyl Records" about 30 years ago. I recently found this in my storage shed in a box filled with junk. This was a raw transfer with no NR or SPC. I leave that to the people who know what they are doing as pitch and speed goes. I cannot vouch for the venue and date but that is what is listed and I myself have not seen this offered before anywhere else. The tape says September 1975 Maple Leaf Gardens. My research shows they played Toronto on 1/9/75 and on 1/9/76. In September 1975 they played the Omni. It is not inconceivable that they played September '75 in Toronto as they were on the east coast that month.
Enclosed in the Torrent is the SBEsAudioFilesCheck, shntool_len file, shntool_info file, FFP File, EncodedAudioFilesTest.

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-6f9f64
or
http://lix.in/-7bd444
http://lix.in/-6e18a5
http://lix.in/-6f9f46

or
http://vcwkwk.link-protector.com
http://vcwkwm.link-protector.com
http://vcwkwz.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-774101
or
http://lix.in/-7a4dfd
http://lix.in/-7bd49e
http://lix.in/-6e18ff

or
http://vcwkwn.link-protector.com
http://vcwkwc.link-protector.com
http://vcwkwr.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Luvs me some 70's era ZZ Top and it seems like early > mid 70's shows (that sound good) don't pop up that often. Any time you should run across a nice soundboard from this period I'm sure that a lot of people would really appreciate it.

As for this one, I haven't heard it yet (downloading it now) but I'm sure it's quality or it wouldn't be here.

Thanks for everything you do for us Dave. I just started working again after a long lay off so I'll be clicking that "Donate" button again soon. Gotta get caught up on a few other things first...I'm sure you know how it is.

Thanks again and take it easy.

QualityBootZ said...

take care of yourself and your home needs
I thank you for the thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the TOP! :-)

Rob said...

checking the datyes of maple leaf gardens, the correct date is 09-01-1976 that means january 9 1976 to be more clear. hope will help. Robert

Anonymous said...

Links are dead.
Can you repost Dave?
Thanks.