Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bob Dylan: Osaka (March!) 2010 (VG++ Aud) FLAC

photo_1262791697841-1-0
Zepp Osaka
Osaka, Japan
March 13, 2010

Taper: Hide
Source: DPA4061's > MMA6000 > Edirol R-09HR (24bit/96kHz)
Lineage: SD card > PC > WAV (24bit/96kHz) > Soundforge (Edit,sampling convert to 16bit/44.1kHz) > TLH > FLAC

01. intro
02. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
03. The Man In Me
04. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob Played Stratocaster)
05. Love Sick
06. Rollin' And Tumblin'
07. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carrolle
08. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
09. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
10. Ballad Of Hollis Brown
11. Shelter From The Storm
12. Highway 61 Revisited
13. Not Dark Yet
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Ballad Of A Thin Man
(encore)
16. Like A Rolling Stone
17. Jolene
18. band intro
19. All Along The Watchtower

Band Members
Bob Dylan - guitar, keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Charlie Sexton - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - trumpet, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7a5d1a
or
http://lix.in/-6faeb3
http://lix.in/-713554
http://lix.in/-72bbf5
http://lix.in/-744296
http://lix.in/-75c937
http://lix.in/-774fd8
http://lix.in/-78d679

or
http://vcnckn.link-protector.com
http://vcnckc.link-protector.com
http://vcnckr.link-protector.com
http://vcncks.link-protector.com
http://vcncmx.link-protector.com
http://vcncmw.link-protector.com
http://vcncmv.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-75c94b
or
http://lix.in/-78d683
http://lix.in/-7a5d24
http://lix.in/-7be3c5
http://lix.in/-7d6a66
http://lix.in/-6faec7
http://lix.in/-713568
http://lix.in/-72bc09

or
http://vcncmm.link-protector.com
http://vcncmz.link-protector.com
http://vcncmn.link-protector.com
http://vcncmc.link-protector.com
http://vcncmr.link-protector.com
http://vcncms.link-protector.com
http://vcnczx.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

8 comments:

Albert Jones said...

Older Bob boots are awesome, but can I give a big shout out to the NEW stuff too -- this is excellent! For those who think Bob lost his voice long ago, check this out -- great stuff! It's gruff, but it's REAL, baby!

Innocent Bystander said...

I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy this one but the date of the show makes me a little concerned/doesn't feel right. Please dont' take this as criticism Dave as this isn't intended that way. My personal theory/feeling towards/about boots is that everything before the current tour/album should be fair game but anything current shouldn't be distributed as that is where the artist is still making money off of it.

Now personally I don't know if Bob is going to be touring anywhere near me (or even if he has a new/newish album out) & I probably wouldn't go see him if he was (more personal economic situation than lack of interest) but I can easily imagine someone theoretically saying "Oh cool, that's what the new tour sounds like. Now I don't need to go.", taking money out of his pocket (yes I know, an audio bootleg is nothing like being there live but work with me here...).

Now seeing a concert here from a musical legend that is only a week old is pretty cool, but is it too soon? Again this is not criticism towards you Dave, but perhaps something to soothe my downloading conscious & perhaps to stimulate some conversation on an otherwise rainy Sunday afternoon.

If it is/isn't too soon then where should the cutoff date be? As mentioned, my personal feeling is that if someone is still out touring/promoting a current album then concerts from that tour shouldn't be available online. Am I way off base here or does anyone feel differently?

bohare said...

I will have to say to innocent bystander that it is not too soon to be posting this show. Dylan is one of those artists who is always on tour whether he has a new album or not. And, i would go see him in a second when he comes to town..... That being said, thank you Dave for everything you post here. I wish I had 48 hours in a day to download.

tom thumb said...

Greetings Innocent Bystander,

I get the point of what you're saying, and I think it's a point worth considering. The key to me is whether this stuff is available commercially. As long as nothing here is a pirate of a legitimate release, I have to quote Dylan himself from "Sugar Baby" and say, "Some of these bootleggers... they make pretty good stuff!"

For me, it's that quandary of, if a concert happens and nobody records and distributes it, does it fall away like a tree in a forest that nobody hears? There's something about these guys/gals out there capturing this stuff (Hide in this case was the orig taper) that just feels like documentation for the ages rather than a ripoff of the artist.

Plus, I'd a Dylan fanatic and would go see him any time. In fact I drove to another state with my whole family last year to see him... even though there were boots easily available from that tour (esp at www.expectingrain.com).

Still, it's good to do as you are and sometimes consider where lines should be drawn.

I will say this much to all... don't forget your local record stores! Even with all of this beautiful stuff easily available (thank you Dave!), let's not forget those local shops where we can go and have live conversations and help support smaller artists -- or even bigger artists like Dylan who are still doing great work.

That's my only soapbox... meanwhile, I sure love all this stuff we can get these days. Sure ain't like the old days when a record of a current Dylan tour was such a rare thing!

QualityBootZ said...

It's good to see courteous interaction among peers.

Innocent Bystander said...

Thanks for the response Brian & Tom, to clarify a couple of points (that as usual I managed to muddy up to begin with...)

"For me, it's that quandary of, if a concert happens and nobody records and distributes it, does it fall away like a tree in a forest that nobody hears?"

My point was (or should have been) that taping a concert is fine (otherwise I'd never hear many of my favorite groups live & never hear much of the banter with the audience that makes them so much fun), however the release of such material should be held off either until the artist is done making money off of it (tour ends) or a reasonable amount of time has passed (a year or so (my opinion) in the case of a person/group that tours pretty much all the time).

"There's something about these guys/gals out there capturing this stuff (Hide in this case was the orig taper) that just feels like documentation for the ages rather than a ripoff of the artist."

I agree here too, but what is the impression that the artist/group is getting. Is it one of cooperation in getting things down for the ages, or is it one of the taper being on an equal footing as those slugs who go to a movie on opening weekend, tape it, & have it online the next day (apples & oranges I know but work with me)?

Would a self imposed buffer of time make tapers look better in the eyes of the artists? I don't know but I'd think that it would be an easy way to show that we aren't trying to take money out of their pocket. Because, justified or not, I'm sure that thought does occur to some people. (granted too, the people looking for the absolute latest from their favorite are also probably those that already have the latest album, tour tickets, tour swag, etc & have already put a lot of their money into the artist's pocket - but has the artist managed to figure that out as well?). What can we as a community do to improve that image?

Perhaps I can piously stand here on my soapbox (:rolleyes :-) )because many of the bands that I listen to stopped touring 30+ years ago & nothing I propose would really affect me, I would hope not but that argument could probably be made. However I'd rather look at it more as a self imposed set of standards that we as the boot community adhere ourselves to so that the musicians that we love look at us more as historians than pirates (justified or not)

Food for thought anyway

Stadium Studios said...

A couple of years ago now, the Mighty Van Halen went on tour for the first time in 25 years. Believe it or not, I had not been to a concert in ten years myself. I actually debated whether I was going to go see this thing man??? Are you serious? Well, after hitting YouTube and watching some video of the first show in Charlotte, I bought four tickets! I think you get my point.

Denny said...

I was going to make Stadium Studios point before he made it... that, don't forget, it could also work to the artist's benefit to have this stuff immediately out there. Sometimes we may have been fans of somebody a long time ago, and they fell off our radar. An instant boot can be... an instant boot in the butt to get back out there and catch them on this tour!

Like Albert Jones said above, anybody who thinks Dylan is over the hill -- and would stay home from his current tour b/c of it -- may well have their opinion changed when they hear this boot.

Also, don't forget, all of this is available widely on the Torrent sites. So the cat's already out of the bag whether Dave posts here or not.

But I'd echo tom thumb in saying it's good to think about these things. I don't think art should be free -- I am just such a fan of art (music) that I buy a lot of it AND I download a lot too, esp from this site. I'm a glutton for it, in other words... I'm not sated by a boot to make me not buy that artist's actual records.