Monday, March 8, 2010

Genesis: Houston 1975 (Pre-FM) FLAC

some lossy source - read below
GEN781022TM-label
TM Productions present - Live In Houston
1. Introduction by Bill Minkin 0:41
2. In The Cage 7:38
3. Deep In The Motherlode 5:53
4. The Lady Lies 6:04
5. The Cinema Show (Includes Brief Excerpts Of Riding The Scree And ...In That Quiet Earth) 11:26
6. Afterglow 4:41
7. Follow You Follow Me 3:49
8. Dance On A Volcano 4:21
9. Drum Duet 1:37
10. Los Endos 5:48
11. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) 9:23
Total time 61:24
Recorded live at The Summit, Houston, 22nd October 1978.

Source: “King Biscuit Flower Hour” pre-FM broadcast recording, provided by GRaSP (Genesis Radio Show Project), except Drum Duet and I Know What I Like courtesy of www.wolfgangsvault.com (specially restored and enhanced from mp3).
Cedar Cambridge restoration, editing, CD-mastering and cover design by tom April-August 2009.

A personal note (OU): I always liked this show, since I did an early attempt of a remaster back in 1998, which has never been released, thankfully. I mean it's still listenable, denoising was done with the famous NoNoise system, but the source was not the best in the first place. When Wolfgangsvault released their version few years ago I was excited and the idea of a new remaster came to my mind, adding the newly surfaced tracks. At last minute (thanks to Steve Sussman, who gave me the hint) I decided to include some bits from the original FM-broadcast recording as well, namely the introduction by an unknown presenter on stage and Bill Minkin in the King Biscuit studio and the intros to "Motherlode", "Cinema Show" and "Los Endos" which all suffered from annoying fade-ins on the pre-FM recording. Compared to the radio show, the order of the songs is slightly altered here - it now merely follows the original sequence of the concert setlist, ignoring the fact that too many tracks are sadly missing.
From the liner notes, specially written by David Dunnington:
"The challenge in producing this restoration has been to draw the threads together to create the coherent product so richly deserved by these glorious performances. To this end sections culled from the low resolution Internet stream have been treated by a process which digitally reconstructs lost frequencies. Returned to it's rightful home, the drum duet now bridges between "Dance On A Volcano" and "Los Endos"; the butchered edit to this latter track has been repaired with the matching section from Knebworth 1978 (BBC Rock Hour reels). With the bulk of material sourced from a transfer of pre-broadcast King Biscuit reels (provided by the Genesis Radio Show Project), all has been blended seamlessly with CEDAR treatment and carefully matched frequency profiles.
Now polished and moulded into a unified whole, these once-buried golden nuggets from Houston shine all the more brightly."

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7116f1
or
http://lix.in/-78b80c
http://lix.in/-7a3ead
http://lix.in/-7bc54e
http://lix.in/-6e09af
http://lix.in/-6f9050

or
http://vcxszz.link-protector.com
http://vcxszn.link-protector.com
http://vcxszc.link-protector.com
http://vcxszr.link-protector.com
http://vcxszs.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-73ca5b
or
http://lix.in/-785e34
http://lix.in/-79e4d5
http://lix.in/-7b6b76
http://lix.in/-6dafd7
http://lix.in/-6f3678

or
http://vnrrmn.link-protector.com
http://vnrrmc.link-protector.com
http://vnrrmr.link-protector.com
http://vnrrms.link-protector.com
http://vnrrzx.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just started downloading this one really looking forward to hearing how it compares with my other copy. I've always enjoyed the TM production versions of Genesis shows so this should be well worth while. I will have to look after I am done with the download, but to the comment before about the one huge flac file, I wonder if there isn't a cue sheet with these files so it will split the tracks when burned to CD. A number of TM production remasters have included cue sheet files with the audio files. Anyway, thanks again Dave for all of the fantastic shows...ROCK ON!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr Anonymous - that's what the image files are for. Use the FLAC or WAV images for an indexed copy. I use Burrrn! software to turn it into an indexed cd. Chill out these gigs are golddust AND free.
mbd

Anonymous said...

There is a cue file for both flac and wav as I thought there would be so it is quite easy to burn this to CD with track splits. I use Nero which works really well. Thanks again Dave!!!

biboprof said...

TM production always include cue sheet files, thus it is very easy to decode this stuff (you can use XLD if you have a Mac).
Don't bother about the lossy source of some track, this show is awesome, even if uncomplete.
Long live TM productions !!!