Friday, March 26, 2010

Pink Floyd: The Wall Demos (Studio) 1978

we had a fun interaction last week...here are the comparisons for you + bonuses
Picture1
to clarify: the download contains 2 different titles (Under Construction + Building The Wall) + "extras".
Wall Demos
Source: Studio>??>cdr>Eac(0.95Pb03)>Wav>Flac Frontend 1.7.1>Flac

1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One Of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now
12. What Shall We Do Now?
13. Another Brick In The Wall
14. Goodbye Cruel World
15. Is There Anybody Out There?
16. Vera
17. Bring The Boys Back Home
18. Is There Anybody Out There?
19. Is There Anybody Out There?
20. Comfortably Numb
21. Hey You
22. The Show Must Go On
23. In The Flesh
24. Run Like Hell
25. Waiting For The Worms
26. Stop
27. The Trial
28. Outside The Wall
29. Outside the Wall II (on one disc)
TT: 73:40

better quality art than I provided:
http://www.easterwood.org/trade/cdpages/pinkfloyd_buildingthewall_art.htm
download includes The ACTUAL Wall Screenplay with concept art! + several magazine articles about the album and the breakup (PDF).

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-73e741
or
http://lix.in/-73e737
http://lix.in/-756dd8
http://lix.in/-76f479
http://lix.in/-787b1a
http://lix.in/-7a01bb
http://lix.in/-7b885c
http://lix.in/-7d0efd
http://lix.in/-7e959e
http://lix.in/-70d9ff
http://lix.in/-7260a0

or
http://vrxxww.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwv.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwk.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwm.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwz.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwn.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwc.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwr.link-protector.com
http://vrxxws.link-protector.com
http://vrxxvx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-7b8848
or
http://lix.in/-756dba
http://lix.in/-76f45b
http://lix.in/-787afc
http://lix.in/-7a019d
http://lix.in/-7b883e
http://lix.in/-7d0edf
http://lix.in/-7e9580
http://lix.in/-70d9e1
http://lix.in/-726082
http://lix.in/-73e723

or
http://vrxxxw.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxv.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxk.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxm.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxz.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxn.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxc.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxr.link-protector.com
http://vrxxxs.link-protector.com
http://vrxxwx.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are 'Building the Wall' and 'Under Construction' the same release? I thought they were different versions.

big thanks though! Will be able to compare with the demos from last week

QualityBootZ said...

they are different - I just combined them for download purposes.
So after last weeks you'll now have 3 different versions.
You'll enjoy the extras as well.

Anonymous said...

Having compared all three versions...

Wall in Progress
Building the Wall
Under Construction

...I would say that Building the Wall is the better version. Under Construction has too much treble, which has emphasised the hiss.

I think Building the Wall is essentially the same as Wall in Progress, but the latter is quieter.

what does everyone else think?

Anonymous said...

pink floyd simple sucks, you post too much of it.

Anonymous said...

Pink Floyd is simply great, you post exactly the right amount of it!

Thanks Dave.

Rebecca + Chloe said...

just about pink great or not. first i thoought they were dull to big to fat to urgs. than give them a chance and start at their start, here the demo tape which can be found here. see and hear the london club show from 64? and you might at least say that they are not so bad as you might thought.

thomas aka anaonymous

QualityBootZ said...

To say that Floyd sucks is kinda rough since they are my favorite band. Keep in mind that my first boot was a Floyd boot so if it wasn't for them perhaps I would have never been interested in them in the first place and I may not have shared the other 3000 (and counting) bootlegs in my collection...
If you don't like Floyd that is ok. If you think they suck, that's ok too but I will keep posting ;)

Ron said...

Wow, thanks so much for all the Floyd, amazing stuff! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Just curious Dave, what was that boot?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave, you're doing an awesome job. And yes, please keep posting those Floyd boots and related.

Have a good day

Thomas

Beth said...

To the dunderhead that said Pink Floyd sucks.....why did you waste your own valuable time telling us that? Do you think any of us care? Dave takes the time to post boots that he thinks we're all going to enjoy, and he doesn't HAVE to do it. If you don't appreciate what he shares, find someplace else to bitch about it.


Thanks, Dave.....just know that I appreciate the Floyd boots.

Anonymous said...

"pink floyd simple sucks" (sic). What the hell kind of comment is that? Your favorite band sucks. When will people understand that music is totally subjective.

I love all the floyd boots you [QualityBootZ] post. This one is great. Constantly looking for the wall rehearsal recordings or the final cut demos. They're worth getting a hold of if you can.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these boots. I really like them alot. A few questions, tho:
1: I can't get the "1978-xx-xx-Under Construction" files to open. They're all SHN and MD5 files and they aren't recognized by any audio converters. Am I doing something wrong?

2: On "Waiting for the Worms," the background vocals sound like the Beach Boys. Could it be them, since they were tapped to do the backgrounds early on?

Anyway, thanx.

Anonymous said...

Thank you . ..shn files? guess I will try to convert them to flac...
maybe db converter will have a codec for it