Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Led Zeppelin: The Complete BBC Radio Sessions 1969-71 (FLAC

Empress Valley Label - Black "Maxell Presents" Boxed Set Version
complete_bbc_radio_sessions_f
EMPRESS VALLEY SUPREME DISC EVSD 410/411/412/413 ORIGINAL SILVERS > EAC > WAV > FLAC FRONTEND (LEVEL 6)

CD1: Communication Breakdown (*)/Dazed And Confused (*)/You Shook Me (*)/I Can't Quit You Baby medley incl. Nineteen Years Old (*)/Alexis Korner Introduction (**)/I Can't Quit You Baby (**)/Alexis Korner Introduction (**)/You Shook Me (**)/Sunshine Woman (**)/The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair (***)/Communication Breakdown medley incl. Just A Little Bit (***)/Something Else (***)/What Is And What Should Never Be (***)/John Peel Introduction (****)/Whole Lotta Love (****)/Communication Breakdown (****)/John Peel Introduction (****)/What Is And What Should Never Be (****)/Travelling Riverside Blues medley incl. The Lemon Song (****) (75:26)

CD2: Alan Black Introduction (+)/Communication Breakdown medley incl. It's Your Thing (+)/I Can't Quit You Baby (+)/Alan Black Interview with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (+)/Dazed And Confused (+)/Alan Black Introduction (+)/White Summer medley incl. Black Mountain Side (cut) (+)/The Liverpool Scene Sketch with Adrian Henry-Mike Evans-Andy Roberts (+)/You Shook Me (+)/Alan Black Introduction (+)/How Many More Timesmedley incl. The Hunter, The Lemon Song (+)/Julie Felix Introduction (++)/White Summer medley incl. Black Mountain Side (++) (67:24)

CD3: DJ John Peel Introduction (+++)/Immigrant Song (+++)/Heartbreaker medley incl. Bouree (+++)/Since I've Been Loving You (+++)/Out On The Tiles Intro (+++)/Black Dog (+++)/Dazed And Confused (+++)/Stairway To Heaven (+++) (56:57)

CD4: Going To California (+++)/That's The Way (+++)/What Is And What Should Never Be false start (+++)/What Is And What Should Never Be (+++)/Whole Lotta Love medley incl. Boogie Chillun, Truckin' Little Mama, Fixin' To Die, That's Alright Mama, For What It's Worth, Mess O' The Blues, Honey Bee, The Lemon Song (+++)/Thank You (+++)/Communication Breakdown (+++)/DJ John Peel Outroduction (+++) (53:30)

Recording: (*) (***) (****)Superb stereo professional radio recording; (**)Very good stereo professional radio broadcast; (+)Superb mono professional radio recording; (++)Superb stereo professional TV recording; (+++)Superb stereo soundboard. Source:

(*)Top Gear, Playhouse Theatre, London, England Mar. 3 '69; (**)Rhythm & Blues, Studio 4, Maida Vale, London, England Mar. 19 '69 (not Mar. 16); (***)Tasty Pop Sundae, Studio 2, Aeolian Hall, London, England June 16 '69; (****)Top Gear, Studio 4, Maida Vale, London, England; (+)One Night Stand, Playhouse Theatre, London, England June 27 '69; (++)Julie Felix Show, Lime Grove, London, England Apr. 23 '70; (+++)In Concert, Paris Cinema, London, England Apr. 1 '71. Comments: Japanese bootleg. Deluxe hinged box with two individual paper cases holding CDs. The inner sleevs are reproductions of the typical yellow BBC Transcription Series vinyl sleeves. Some very few box-sets were sold with TMOQ-style sleeves because not enough yellow BBC sleeves were made. This title has been released with two different covers. The "Maxell is Pleased to Present" version has black artwork from a famous promo only radio LP, while the "Floating Pig Blimp" version has famous William Stout white artwork which has been used on many of previous LP and CD release. Also reissued as a standard jewel case with the same catalogue #. What we in the collectors' circle were mostly frustrated with the official "BBC Sessions" release in 1997 was its incompleteness. To our joy, however, Empress Valley has released a 4 CD set covering chronologically all of the BBC radio sessions that the band had in its history. The title says, the materials included in it are very complete, covering every tune played and every interview or chat, if any, recorded at the respective sessions. In addition, the quality of the audios allegedly made from Pre-FM Master Reels is also of excellent quality, almost equal to that of the versions in the official release, except for the band's session for "Rhythm And Blues" recorded on 16 March '69 which is said to be rather made from an Aircheck Master. Even the audio of the "Rhythm And Blues" session as featured in the new title is a slight upgrade over that of the past title "Sunshine Woman" on Flagge label. As especially noticeable from the deeper echoes of Robert's voice in many songs of April 1, 1971 concert, the audio mix in the title is clearly different from the versions in the official release, which serves as an evidence that the title was not made by simply copying the official versions.

Disc 1
Radio One Session- 1969.03.03 John Peel's Top Gear Playhouse Theatre,London (Original Broadcast) 1969.03.23
01) You Shook Me
02) Communication Breakdown
03) I Can't Quit You Baby
04) Dazed And Confused
World Service Radio Session- 1969.03.19 Rhythm & Blues Maida Vale Studio,London (Original Broadcast) 1969.04.14
05) Alexis Korner Introduction
06) What Is And What Should Never Be
07) More Chat
08) I Can't Quit You Baby
09) More Chat
10) You Shook Me
11) Sunshine Woman
Radio One Session- 1969.06.16 Chris Grant's Tasty Pop Sundae London (Original Broadcast) 1969.06.22
12) The Girl I Love Has Long Black Wavy Hair
13) Communication Breakdown
14) Something Else
15) What Is And What Should Never Be
16) Group Interview With Chris Grant
Radio One Session- 1969.06.24 John Peel's Top Gear Maida Vale Studio 4,London (Original Broadcast) 1969.06.29
17) Whole Lotta Love
18) Communication Breakdown
19) What Is And What Should Never Be
20) Travelling Riverside Blues

Disc 2
Radio One Sessions- 1969.06.27 BBC Rock Hour Playhouse Theater, London (Original Broadcast) 1969.08.10
01) Alan Black Intro
02) Communication Breakdown
03) I Can't Quit You Baby
04) Alan Black Interview
05) Dazed And Confused
06) Interlude With Adrian Henry
07) White Summer-Black Mountain Side
08) You Shook Me
09) How Many More Times
BBC1 TV Recording- 1970.04.23 Julie Felix Show BBC TV Studios, London (Original Broadcast) 1970.04.26
10) White Summer
11) Black Mountain Side

Disc 3
Radio One Live Session- 1971.04.01 John Peel Sunday In Concert BBC TV Studios, London (Original Broadcast) 1971.04.04
01) John Peel Intro
02) Immigration Song
03) Heartbreaker
04) Since I've Been Loving You
05) Black Dog
06) Dazed And Confused
07) Stairway To Heaven

Disc 4
Radio One Live Session- 1971.04.01 John Peel Sunday In Concert BBC TV Studios, London (Original Broadcast) 1971.04.04
01) Going To California
02) That's The Way
03) What Is And What Should Never Be
04) Whole Lotta Love
05) Thank You
06) Communication Breakdown

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7e19f2
or
http://lix.in/-736bb3
http://lix.in/-74f254
http://lix.in/-7678f5
http://lix.in/-77ff96
http://lix.in/-798637
http://lix.in/-7b0cd8
http://lix.in/-7c9379
http://lix.in/-7e1a1a
http://lix.in/-705e7b
http://lix.in/-71e51c
http://lix.in/-736bbd
http://lix.in/-74f25e
http://lix.in/-7678ff
http://lix.in/-77ffa0
http://lix.in/-798641
http://lix.in/-7b0ce2
http://lix.in/-7c9383

or
http://vcrmcx.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcw.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcv.link-protector.com
http://vcrmck.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcm.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcz.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcn.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcc.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcr.link-protector.com
http://vcrmcs.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrx.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrw.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrv.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrk.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrm.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrz.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrn.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-7b0d0a
or
http://lix.in/-7e1a38
http://lix.in/-705e99
http://lix.in/-71e53a
http://lix.in/-736bdb
http://lix.in/-74f27c
http://lix.in/-76791d
http://lix.in/-77ffbe
http://lix.in/-79865f
http://lix.in/-7b0d00
http://lix.in/-7c93a1
http://lix.in/-7e1a42
http://lix.in/-705ea3
http://lix.in/-71e544
http://lix.in/-736be5
http://lix.in/-74f286
http://lix.in/-767927
http://lix.in/-77ffc8

or
http://vcrmrc.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrr.link-protector.com
http://vcrmrs.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsx.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsw.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsv.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsk.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsm.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsz.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsn.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsc.link-protector.com
http://vcrmsr.link-protector.com
http://vcrmss.link-protector.com
http://vcrzxx.link-protector.com
http://vcrzxw.link-protector.com
http://vcrzxv.link-protector.com
http://vcrzxk.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

24 comments:

Col. Hessler said...

Ah, more Zeppelin. My addiction continues.

Thanks, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Now this is the motherlode! I'm not even really a Zep fan but i'll have to check this one out--especially for the stuff (That's Alright, For what It's Worth, etc.) that was cut on the official release--so that Page/Plant wouldn't have to pay royalties!!!!

johnlennon696 said...

Many thanks for this, been after it for ages, double thanjs for the MU links...

Anonymous said...

I'm the second anon post and i forgot to add the most important part: Thanks Dave!
I'm enjoying the excellent White Summer/Black Mountain Side from Julie Felix Show which is actually superb mono not superb stereo per the EV notes.

Anonymous said...

I must have died and gone to Heaven with this inclusion. Nothing to do but download and start looking for Lennon and Jimi.

Anonymous said...

Dave, you quote: "No Commercially Released Material. Period." I guess you forgot about that with this post.
Most of this stuff has been commercially released, and I am sure TapeCity is only allowing it because they are closing in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love you man!!!!!!!

Thomas

Anonymous said...

A great set! Thanks much Dave.
FLAANONYMOUS

Anonymous said...

With the amount of edits Jimmy does, I'd safely say that these are different from their official counter-parts. :) Great post once again.

Skywalkerboh said...

FANTASTIC!

Thanks

Jack said...

I was looking for this for quite a long time. Happy to get it here. The SQ is excellent, so once again, I prostrate and say "thanks, thanks, thanks" to you!

Anonymous said...

Great posting. I'll just delete the commercially available portions from the download.

RMac© said...

Someone wrote: Anonymous said...
Dave, you quote: "No Commercially Released Material. Period." I guess you forgot about that with this post.
Most of this stuff has been commercially released, and I am sure TapeCity is only allowing it because they are closing in 2 weeks.

As someone else pointed out, all the officially released stuffed has been edited, overdubbed etc. to a point that this set it much different than the official release. This is how it was broadcast originally, flaws and all.

QualityBootZ said...

While Zeppelin did release some BBC product officially - these versions are different.
These are NOT the same as the officially released versions. They are different (as stated in the post itself).
I do appreciate the truly concerned comments but in this case there is no need to worry because...they are different.

cgm said...

Many thanks for this. It was definitely time to replace my old reel to reel tapes recorded from an AM transistor radio 40 years ago...

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot!

some songs on the first 3 discs have a lot of extra noise (sometimes they sound hissy, immigrant song on disc 3 has a terrible high peep). is this one the music, or is there something wrong with my files. disc 4 seems to be perfect (haven't been able to listen to all the tracks yet).

in either case, thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC stuff both in terms of performance and sound quality. Thank you for all the soundboard Zep boots in flac format, I have downloaded a lot of them and they are all great. I love this BBC set, cheers and keep it up!

Stadium Studios said...

FANFRIGGINGTASTIC !

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this treasure! The boys sound great, once again refuting the notion that they were only good in the studio.

One question: if this is pressented without overdubs, how the heck does Jimmy perform a solo while keeping the rhythm part going on "Traveling Riverside Blues" from Disc 1? (and not a half-assed solo either, but a great one) Surely there was an overdub in there somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Links are dead on both RS and MU. Please, reupload.

Meredith said...

Yes, please reupload! When you do, please email me? merjones013@aol.com

Thank you SO MUCH for your work!!!

skylark said...

I missed these too :(
I know you said you wouldn't repost rs links but both rs and mu are gone.
Pretty please??

Anonymous said...

Looks like this one will never be reuploaded... But you can also download it from here

http://nickzeppsboots.blogspot.com/2010/03/complete-bbc-sessions.html

froggo said...

Hi Dave,

would it be possible to have a reup of this please? I came accross your blog way too late and I miss some very serious stuff... Thanks!