Dear Customer [that we are about to screw],
We hereby inform you that paragraph IV.(2) of our Terms of Use will be technically implemented and activated on 20. October 2009.
Premium Accounts whose files use more than 25 GB (25.000.000.000 Bytes) of storage will be subject to the file inactivity regulations, which effectuate the automatic deletion of inactive files. A file is inactive if it has not been downloaded for at least 90 days.
I have asked if I am able to opt-out and keep my account or if opting out means a cancellation of my account.
I will let you know what their response is.
What does this mean for us? Well I have almost 3.5 terrabytes of data stored on RS and 1.6TB on megaupload. You can see that I will never be able to repost all of my catalogue. So if links do go down they will stay down :(
I suggest that you check the blog at least weekly and grab what you want because as you can see their policy doesn't include files less than 90 days old.
If you ever decide to purchase a premium rapidshare account so that you can grab more files faster, would you please consider using this link?
http://rapidshare.com/premium.html?ref=39C47BD59FC080E940093F770026515C It helps.
I'll keep you posted...and I'll keep the boots posting ;)
Dave
28 comments:
I receive this email too,rapidshare is fuck
Im my blog, i only upload to megaupload. is more reliable
Have a nice day
I got the e mail too. I don't keep stuff on their servers, but I do like to get rarities from guys like you Dave (Thank you again) and I can see many dead links arriving. I doubt I'll renew my subscription come november, so they will loose custom from "both" sides of their market. Bummer! .........Now how much is a Megaupload account? Grrrrr.....
Wow, that really sucks. Thank God that a lot of it is available on Megauploads as well. I hope you are able to work something out with them.
While I've got your eye, has Brown Eyed Women been fixed yet? Check the comments on the Portland GD show.
Hi Dave,
as I'm also touched by RS's new policy (having about 3.300 files online) I don't think that it will affect yours (and mine) files as there will be always downloaders who'll download something that you've posted some while ago (at least within 90 days).
So, don't panic at all
and keep up your good work,
CHerrmann57
Randy,
BEW is not fixed yet. The file that I downloaded appears corrupt. Any chance that you could reup a verified working FLAC (or wav) and post the link here.
Use whatever uploader you like and I'll convert it to rs and mega
Thx!
Dave
Once my RapidShare Files start getting deleted, I will most likely close up shop at my blog.
I don't get nearly the traffic you do here AND I only use RapidShare. So, I would image most of my blog will be dead in about 90 days.
I have a lot of good stuff on there so if you want to check it out and get some - DO IT IN THE NEXT 90 DAYS!!!
http://stadiumstudios.blogspot.com/
Thanks to you Dave (the reason I started my blog in the first place)
Thanks DVD, I've subscribed to RSS to your blog, so whenever a new material is posted... I always am know.
Thanks for the amazing posts.
Saludos cordiales y un abrazo.
Néstor P.
Here you go Dave. In FLAC format and tested in Winamp before I uploaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?teyjwyymmyg
I guess I can use this account for any more "oopses" that may turn up in other shows. May they be few and far between, if at all.
Please let everyone know once you've got it fixed, thanks!
hey dave. have you ever considered torrenting some of it and posting it up at a place like http://www.flacshn.com - Terrapin Tracker & Forums? im sure some of the folks there would grab a bunch of your shares and well they would be archived and reseedable at anyones request. you can always PM me over there if you decide to jump on the ship. terraj3 is my handle & many thanks for some of the gems ive snatched already
cheers, Joe
mediafire dot com
so anyone know how to write a quick program that a blogger could use to automatically download links once every 90 days using a Rapidshare account?
Just add your links to the queue, and the program will automatically download them so they are not deleted from the Rapidshare servers, once every 90 days. Then the downloads are deleted, and we can all just move on and enjoy our music.
Someone inevitably will write the software - maybe it could be you.
I got this same heap of hot horse shit in my box. It reminds me of the change in terms last year that only allowed 5gigs of downloads a day per account. Sometimes just screaming on the internet can convince a company to honor the contracts that we sign up for.
Another thought would be to buy a server or two and host all those files right there at home.
Randy, thanks for your help with Brown Eyed Woman. Now it works.
I'm glad it worked for you Kim. I hope Dave grabs it soon.
Thanks to Randy & all who worked on the brown eyed woman problem..found another version which is an overall improvement from the original posting :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K3XWO6D9
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6AKGD55F
Sorry about their rule change. I guess now is as good a time as any to go back and look through all the gems I didn't grab the first few times through. Thanks for your work, always!
Damn. I, too, got the email earlier today and needless to say I'm very disappointed. I just got my account a couple of days ago thru this site. Looks like I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks.
Particularly saddened when I think of all the hard work Rapidshare is going to flush away in a matter of seconds. Terrible decision on their part.
I prefer MegaUpload for downloads anyway. I tried both when I first discovered this site. MegaUpload always seemed faster.
Thanks for all your hard work Dave and sorry about the setback.
Okay...what if we all start downloading just for the sake of downloading....I can pull down two or three files a day....that makes 'em safe for 90 days, right?
I received the RS email as well and am sorely disappointed with their decision. I'll do some random downloads in addition to downloading the stuff I really want to hear in order to extend the 90-day life for everyone else. Thanks for all you do, Dave.
Rapidshare blows! Stick with megaupload.
Unfortunately for me, I have connectivity issues with megaupload. Guess I better make sure I didn't miss any older posts!
How crummy for you, Dave. Thanks again for all you do!
This would be a good time to thank you for always bothering to post stuff with two options.
I dislike RS intensely, and avoid it like the plague. Long live MU!
Anybody know if MegaUpload has a muultiple file uploader/downloader tool like RS does?
Never mind that last question...I looked on their site and they have MegaManager.
Sure hope you get something worked out, Dave. In the meantime, guess I better get to work going through the archives.
This does stink. QB is a daily visit for me.
Unrelated to Rapidshare, I have a question about a couple Minneapolis-specific recordings to ask you, but can't figure out how to email. Sorry to be so dense.
Or is this forum okay?
now MU has jumped on RS's bandwagon and i quote..
"Your IP address xx.xxx.x.xxx has just downloaded 345435 bytes. Please wait 7 minutes, then try your download again.
If xx.xxx.x.xxx is not your IP address, you may be sharing a proxy or NAT gateway with other users. If you have configured an HTTP proxy in your browser, disable it and try again. If you don't have a proxy configured, using a different download port may bypass your ISP's proxy. If you see your real IP address listed below, please select it, then try your download again"
Post a Comment