Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pink Floyd: Paris 1970 (radio AM source 2) FLAC

qb made cover
artwork front and inside are modified from other bootleg sources and the back is original - all made by yours truly.

"Careful With That Reels, Charlie!"
January 23, 1970
Théatre Des Champs-Elysées, Paris
This source is known as "radio AM source 2" (as it is the 2nd source for the old AM broadcast) or "Source 4" (as it was the 4th source to surface)
The current roio is a speed corrected and edited version of this source, made with Cool Edit Pro 2.1
Generation: Reels > mic in front of R2R speakers > tape > CDR > wave > TLH > FLAC > wave > Cool Edit Pro 2.1 > wave > Frontend > FLAC
Total time: 60:59

OU: THE STORY: The original recording of this source was first shared on DC hub (where I found it) with a info file in french. It has been later seeded on Yeeshkul by Oneofmypages who translated the info file into English.
When I discovered it, I was really happy to get a new source of this show (even if the SQ was still not very good) especially because it included unreleased parts. But it was obvious that it needed some speed adjustment. So I started to work on it. I listened carefully to each song and compared it to its studio versions, or to Ummagumma, or to the Amsterdam '69 show (which I believe has a good pitch). I must add that I didn't used any roio of the 1995 re-broadcast of this show, because most of them also need a correction ;-)
It soon appeared that it was a real mess, with the pitch changing all through the recording. Anyway, after some loooong nights of working (and a big headache!) the current roio was born.
I think (and hope) that I did a nice job, making this recording a bit more comfortable to listen to...until the now infamous "Charles" will find his original tapes!! :-P
Besides the speed correction, I did some edit :
-I separated the tracks at more appropriate moments when it was needed.
-"Afternoon", "Doing It", "A Saucerful Of Secrets" and "Green Is The Colour" are now on separate tracks.
-The interrupted beginning of "The Amazing Pudding" has been edited out.
Note that on Oneofmypages release, Track #10 is a mixed version of "The Amazing Pudding", not part of the original source.

THE SET-LIST :
01. Daybreak (aka Grantchester Meadows) [7:18]
02. Work [4:37]
03. Tea Time (with band introduction by french radio host) [2:14]
04. Afternoon (aka Biding My Time) [6:12]
05. Doing It [0:37]
06. A Saucerful Of Secrets (end only) [3:12]
07. Green Is The Colour [3:07]
08. Careful With That Axe, Eugene (beginning only) [2:32]
09. Main Theme from "More" (beginning missing) [3:59]
10. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun [12:16]
11. The Amazing Pudding (aka Atom Heart Mother) (end missing) [14:55]

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-599adb
or
http://lix.in/-50731f
http://lix.in/-51f9c0
http://lix.in/-538061
http://lix.in/-550702


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-583348
or
http://lix.in/-509223
http://lix.in/-5218c4
http://lix.in/-539f65
http://lix.in/-552606


Comments welcome.

3 comments:

bobbydjr said...

Thanks much! Never can get too much PF.

trippinjohn said...

Many thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Many Thanks for that Edition.
From the same date (January 23, 1970) i have a bootleg called 'The Violent Journey To Paris'.
It has some more titles.

Fluxi