2009.06.08
"Jon Cleary is the ninth wonder in the world." - Bonnie Raitt
"Cleary can be an absolute monster on his own, but Cleary’s full combo R&B is as broad, deep and roiling as the Mississippi river, the combined swinging product of local keyboard tradition, Cleary’s vocal-songwriting flair for moody Seventies soul and the spunky-Meters roll of his Gentlemen." - David Fricke "Pin Your Spin" Review Rolling Stone - April 21, 2004
“I haven’t heard anybody close to having absorbed so much funk and so many subtleties of the different genius piano players and guitar players and rhythms of New Orleans.” - Jazziz Magazine 2002
Cleary plays piano as if he's revving up an engine and sings as if a line drawing of his behatted self were next to "soul" in Webster's. - The Washington Post June 15, 2005 -- Pamela Murray Winters
01 - Port Street Blues
02 - Tipitina
03 - All Or Not At All
04 - Farewell To Storyville
05 - Improvisation
06 - The Crave
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-5342c5
http://lix.in/-54c966
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-5e46fd
http://lix.in/-5fcd9e
Comments welcome.
6 comments:
Although I've never Heard Jon Clary I love New Orleans piano players like Professor Longhair, Dr. John & Fats Domino. I'm looking forward to hearing this one.
I know that you'll like this then!
Hey Dave, if you keep posting more of these "unknowns", I'm going to ask you to start posting some of your original tunes!
sorry about the communication gap but are you saying
a) that you like the new stuff
b) that you want more of the "old faithful" stuff
or
c)that you want me to up the songs that I wrote in high School with my garage band? (original tunes)
Let me know.
sorry for my joke that fell flat i guess. An attempt at humor since i never heard of Jon Cleary & Brian Schofield... (and usually the bands you post are more "well known".)
You really are onto something here Dave... I'd never heard of this guy but this sounds outrageously good. I'll buy some of his stuff now that I know about him. Thanks for the introduction.
Post a Comment