Presented by the Genesis Authentic Soundboard Project GASP 020
Winterland Ballroom
San Francisco, CA
March 25, 1977
1-1. Squonk
1-2. One For The Vine
1-3. Robbery, Assault & Battery
1-4. Your Own Special Way
1-5. Firth Of Fifth
1-6. Carpet Crawlers
1-7. ... In That Quiet Earth/
1-8. Afterglow
1-9. I Know What I Like
2-1. Eleventh Earl of Mar
2-2. Romeo and Juliet Story
2-3. Supper's Ready
2-4. Dance On A Volcano/
2-5. Drum Duet/
2-6. Los Endos
2-7. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/
2-8. The Musical Box (closing section)
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-5c1f31
or
http://lix.in/-4fea29
http://lix.in/-5170ca
http://lix.in/-52f76b
http://lix.in/-547e0c
http://lix.in/-5604ad
http://lix.in/-578b4e
http://lix.in/-5911ef
http://lix.in/-5a9890
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-5887cf
or
http://lix.in/-5a0e66
http://lix.in/-5b9507
http://lix.in/-5d1ba8
http://lix.in/-4f6009
http://lix.in/-50e6aa
http://lix.in/-526d4b
http://lix.in/-53f3ec
http://lix.in/-557a8d
Comments welcome.
11 comments:
Thank you for this. I was at this show...
Please no more Genesis posts. Genesis represents the beginning of corporate influenced rock. Them and groups like Foreigner & Journey are the reason the punk rock movement came about in 1976. Genesis songs are boring!
Personally, I am enjoying the Genesis material. The remasters are awesome! Thank you, Dave! Please keep em' coming.
Post as much Genesis as you want. Thanks man.
Firstly, no one should be dictating what should be posted on this site apart from Dave.
Secondly, while Genesis did decline (in my opinion) in the despicable 1980's (as did many bands) there's a big difference between a band like Genesis and bands such as Journey and Foreigner. Early Genesis was unique and musically challenging.
Lots of punks liked Genesis and there are anecdotes of punks approaching Genesis members on the street and asking for autographs.
"I like some Genesis very much" - John Lydon (of the Sex Pistols)
"The economic and social conditions that led to the "retreat to simplicity" epitomized by punk and new wave and in fact prefigured by [Genesis' album] The Lamb, which manages to comment upon the period in which it was created..." Kevin Holm-Hudson, author of Genesis and "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
And lots of people who like Genesis also like punk (I'm one of them).
In terms of corporate influenced rock, it's much worse now than it has ever been....
I like Genesis. Keep posting their shows.
Thank you Dave, finally able to replace my not so great copy of this Winterland gig with this awesome lossless remaster! Also, I'm in agreement with the majority of those who posted comments on this one keep the Genesis shows coming as long as you like...thanks again!!!
Haven't listened to Genesis in many years but had to get this one. The concert was as great as I remember it to be.
Great blog - keep it up!
Cheers,
Monschau
And lots of people who like Genesis also like punk (I'm one of them.)
Hear, hear!!!
Consider me someone who likes Genesis and also likes punk rock. There are a lot of us out there.
Many of the familiar "genre categories" devised by marketers and journalists are, when it comes down to it, meaningless as aesthetic or philosophical reference points.
I'm not saying "punk rock" doesn't mean anything, it was and continues to be, in my opinion, a powerful and important concept. I have no doubt that punk rock has saved lives. (I know the first three Public Image Ltd. albums saved my life many times over...and so did The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.)
All I mean is that these labels should not determine anyone's listening habits. That's just drawing arbitrary boundaries instead of developing one's individual tastes.
Besides, if the next truly great "punk rock" album were to be released tomorrow, it would by definition sound different from either Genesis OR the Sex Pistols. And, as Anon points out, John Lydon would be the first to point this out.
Genesis is great. More posts will be always welcomed.
I also was at this show. Unlike the mix on Seconds Out, Steve Hackett's guitar was loud---anything but boring.
And Journey's 1st 3 albums were good, too....IMHO.
Oh...and I liked the Ramones, the Pistols, Clash, Social Distortion...etc.
Post a Comment