Friday, September 25, 2009

Matt Schofield: Unknown Venue 2009 (BBC FM) FLAC

Rated as a Top Ten British Blues Guitarist of All Time
mattscho_holding
Date: 2009.06.15

01 - Woman Across The River
02 - What I Want To Hear
03 - Live Wire
04 - Lay It Down

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-5df17c
http://lix.in/-5035dd


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-5398a0
http://lix.in/-551f41


Comments welcome.

6 comments:

Prefabfan said...

Dave, I never heard of Matt or Jon Cleary. Does that mean I am old (and in the way)? Thanks, I lvoe blues guitar, will learn something new today, if old dogs can learn...

QualityBootZ said...

I never heard of them either untill I found these on a bay known for pirates. I saw "FLAC" I saw "BBC" I saw the "Download this torrent" link and the rest is history...

Prefabfan said...

He's good, but that Guthrie guy's got it ALL OVER HIM. Dave, you are a picker, do you know of Tim Pierce? American and awesome. He plays the intro on Michael Jackson's "Black or White" that is attributed to another very famous guitar player. It's Tim. Toy Matinee "The Ballad of Jenny Ledge" is unbelievable guitar, especially in surround. I heard a bootleg of Toy Matinee live and Pierce plays it just like the record, but better. Give Tim P a listen, if you haven't already and thanks for everything.

Prefabfan said...

OOPS, Tim Pierce plays the big solo, the intro is as advertised, /

Royzee said...

A nice unusual offering, thanks Dave. We have many fantastic guitarists in the UK who maybe unknown farther afield... saw Larry Miller the other night, amazing. Gwyn Ashton, Oli Brown, Dani Wilde, Jo Anne Shawe Taylor, the list goes on and on lucky us! Look them up on YT, I have posted clips of many of them....

Retro said...

Hey, Hey, my 1st post, just had to say hello, you may know me from that Bay you mentioned, i'm for, all my sins Auntie-BeeB in another incarnation. Nice to see my rips are finding a nice home.
Most if not all the blues sessions broadcast on the Paul Jones Show (BBC Radio 2) are recorded at the BBC' Maida Vale studio, which incidentely celebrates it's 75th Anniversary as we speak.