1972.02.20 - In Celebration Of The Comet (The Coming Of Kohoutek) - LP Vinyl Transfer
Venue: Rainbow Theatre – London, UK
Many listings state the date of this performance was 1972.02.17, when reportedly the actual date was 1972.02.20.
Lineage: Audience (details unknown) > Original Vinyl (TAKRL 1903) > NAD 5120 turntable + Nagaoka MP-11 Cartridge > SP-2 Stereo Phono Preamplifier > CD Spin Doctor > aiff > flac level 6 > you. Sound quality is B+ or better.
This is a popular and widely circulated bootleg album from Pink Floyd. The performance featured a musical piece referred to at the time as "The Eclipse Suite," which would later become "Dark Side of the Moon."
Note the song titles: “The Travel Sequence,” “The Mortality Sequence,” and “The Scat Sequence,” which later evolved into “On The Run,” “The Great Gig In The Sky,” and “Any Colour You Like.”
OU: I purchased this album in the 1970’s & with little wear it has maintained its luster, although some snap, crackle & pop exist. I did no post-transfer treatments. The center hole of the vinyl is a tad bit off center, which may add a bit of wobble.
Scan composite of the cover is included also. Enjoy.
Side One (20:33)
01. Breathe
02. The Travel Sequence
03. Time
04. The Mortality Sequence
Side Two (20:45)
05. The Mortality Sequence (ends)
06. Money
07. Us & Them
08. The Scat Sequence
09. Brain Damage
10. Eclipse
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-578a9a
or
http://lix.in/-4fe97f
http://lix.in/-517020
http://lix.in/-52f6c1
http://lix.in/-547d62
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-560403
or
http://lix.in/-5c1e87
http://lix.in/-5da528
http://lix.in/-4fe989
http://lix.in/-51702a
Comments welcome.
5 comments:
Dear Dave,
Sound Quality B+ ? Even better!!
It's a solid A ( 1-10)8.5 to my ears... great sound.
thank you very much, and a big thank for the Genesis' weekend.
best regards, Kike.
Mr Hurtado, I am so glad that you (and others) take the time to post feedback and show your gratitude.
It helps make what I do a real joy.
-Dave (given a seat in the stands)
thanks for sharing, this was the first Pink Floyd boot i ever bought, I had to pull it out and look at it, the cover is the same although the paper it was printed on is more lime green. it also still has the price sticker on it of $2.95 :-) side one was much better than side 2, my center hole punch was off too....poor quailty control... thanks again
teb-rox
Thanks for an classic vinyl boot.
I love these rips!
That' was my first boot ever. Remember the day I saw it in the store and ask my Mo (I was very young) to give me some money for an emergency... Thanx for the memories.
Post a Comment