Lineage: Busy Bee SilverCD>xAct(FLAC)
OU Notes: Variable quality, but all TOTALLY KILLER if you're a fan! Not a complete BBC sessions, but more than anyone else has!!! Someone might be able to figure out dates for all these... Nothing cooler than Nights In White Satin by SLADE!
1 Raven
2 See us here
3 Do you want me
4 The gospel according to Rasputin
5 Dirty joker
6 The man who speaks evil
7 Get down and get with it
8 In like a shot from my gun
9 Tak me bak home
10 Look wot you done
11 Darling be home soon
12 Sweet little rock n roller
13 Move over
14 Mama weer all crazee now
15 Nights in white satin
16 Getting better
17 Omaha
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-4aa9fc
or
http://lix.in/-50c480
http://lix.in/-524b21
http://lix.in/-53d1c2
http://lix.in/-555863
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4eee9d
or
http://lix.in/-568fc2
http://lix.in/-48d423
http://lix.in/-4a5ac4
http://lix.in/-4be165
Comments welcome.
9 comments:
Fantastic Slade had a relly good live show. Love Noddy bellowing Darling Be Home Soon. I'm sure that John Sabastian never saw it quite like this. I'm really looking forward to Nights in White Satin & Omaha.
regards Sgt Weatherman
The Dickies version of "Nights in White Satin" is a killer tune and I'll bet that Slade can do their own killer version of the song as well. I'm too lookin' forward to hear it. Thx a bunch for this splendid post Dave :-) ...oh, and have a nice holiday buddy, you deserve it!
PS. If you happen to find any good sounding Dickies shows, I'll be here to take 'em!
I gave up. It's in too many parts.
Too many parts?!? Four parts is too many?!? Sorry, but I gotta laugh here :-) I guess you then don't want quality tunes but are content with lossy formats. If that's so, stay far away from "QualityBootz"! Quality rules here!
Thx again for the tunes Dave!
Until now I never really heard Slade and think they are fantastic. Please post more Slade. I'm Hooked
There's an official double CD of BBC Slade sessions coming soon, in excellent quality. Currently delayed as Nod and Jim cannot agree on the inclusion of a couple of tracks. Should still be out this year though.
I've been a huge Slade fan since my high school days in the early/mid '70s (yeah, being an American Slade fan* was a tough job, but somebody had to do it) and when I started hanging out on record/bootleg collectors' blogs and found some blogs posting old Slade bootlegs, I started downloading like a madman.
I'm still looking for that elusive soundboard of a live "Cum On Feel The Noize", though. It's got to be my favorite Slade tune of all time; I have a version from Reading in 1980, but they leave out a verse and it sounds a bit rushed.
.
*Yeah, an old Deadhead who also digs Slade. Go figure.
I first saw Slade in 1975, when they were touring in support of the film and album Flame, and it was the only time I got to see them as they never toured the States much.
They were opening for Aerosmith (who'd just released Toys In The Attic) on that tour, but, like many of us that night, we were primarily there for Slade.
We weren't disappointed. Slade burned the goddamn' place down, and were called back for two encores. The drop in energy was palpable as Aerosmith took the stage.
A friend of mine who attended the show with me also caught the Aerosmith/Slade bill later that fall at the college he'd just started attending up in NY. The same thing happened there; Steven Tyler pitched a hissy fit and kicked Slade off the tour after that show, as I recall.
P'wahh ha ha ha ha ha hahh. Too bad, Steve.
Amazing boot!
Thank you very much Dave!
Post a Comment