Tuesday, July 21, 2009

David Bowie: Ahoy 1990 (VG+ Aud) FLAC

Front
Rotterdam, Sport Paleis Ahoy 30.03.90.
2CD
POP TUNES PT 316CD
OU Notes:
What can I say about this disc other than if you are a Bowie fan then this is a really nice release indeed.
It is a direct copy of a double silver disc set I have entitled "Sound And Vision", which was recorded live at Rotterdam, Sport Paleis Ahoy 30.03.90.
It is on the POP TUNES Record label Cat No PT 316, and I bought it many moons ago at a UK record Fair and it cost me £25 (the price tag is still on the cd case).
This is what Bassman has to say about this recording:
"COMMENTS: This is the CD issue of the LP SOUND + VISION (1991). The sound quality is excellent, just like the show itself! This CD is said to be rather limited, but I have no idea of how many copies that were released? The flyer has the same pictures as on the cover. A very nice CD!"
The address on the above mentioned flyer of "Pop tunes" is Rue De Cap, D'Antibes23 - 75019 Paris France. Furthermore it says the cd was/is "Made In France"
The sound as Bassman says is excellent and to be honest it is really good. I'm not sure if it's a radio broadcast, a soundboard recording or just an exceptionally good audience recording it is so very hard to tell. But I would rate the sound at a very solid 8/10.
Furthermore it catches Bowie on his "farewell tour" in 1990, before forming "Tin Machine".
The setlist is basically a greatest hits setlist, and I can never understand to this day, why an official release from this tour has never been released, as some of the shows were recorded.
So as fans we'll have to make do and mend with recordings such as this, and another one which I have in the pipeline!
As always share freely but never sell. Bowie is a current recording artist so support him by buying his official cd's, merchandise, and take in a gig or two as and when he tours again.
I hope you enjoy it. Cheers

Disc 1
01 Ode To Joy
02 Space Oddity
03 Changes
04 Tvc 15
05 Rebel Rebel
06 Golden Years
07 Be My Wife
08 Ashes To Ashes
09 Queen Bitch (Recording Says Hang Onto Yourself)
10 Fashion
11 Life On Mars?
12 Blue Jean
13 Let's Dance
14 Stay
15 China Girl

Disc 2
01 Ziggy Stardust
02 Sound & Vision
03 Station To Station
04 Young Americans
05 Suffragette City
06 Fame
07 "Heroes"
08 Pretty Pink Rose
09 The Jean Genie
10 Rock'n'roll Suicide.

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-50e5d2
or
http://lix.in/-4dd89a
http://lix.in/-4f5f3b
http://lix.in/-50e5dc
http://lix.in/-526c7d
http://lix.in/-53f31e
http://lix.in/-5579bf
http://lix.in/-570060
http://lix.in/-4944c1


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-53f300
or
http://lix.in/-526c69
http://lix.in/-53f30a
http://lix.in/-5579ab
http://lix.in/-57004c
http://lix.in/-4944ad
http://lix.in/-4acb4e
http://lix.in/-4c51ef
http://lix.in/-4dd890


Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely an audience recording: the best sounding show on this tour is, of course, the FM radio broadcast from Milton Keynes Bowl in London, August 5, 1990. This was a cool tour though with some great soloing from Adrian Belew!

Mega_Bowie_Fan said...

Thanks Dave. Not come across this one before so it's a nice little addition to my growing collection.

I agree with anonymous; it does sound like a god audience recording (or maybe a poor soundboard?!). Anyway, it's another good 'un from the vaults!

Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that Bootleg! I love David Bowie and that one wasn't in my collection yet!

Greetings from Germany!