Saturday, July 25, 2009

Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour 2009 SKY Broadcast Pro-Shot DVD

the only one for the weekend but it is a big one AND a good one.
Madonna+Sticky++Sweet+Tour+2009+madonna_500x700
I am not a huge Madonna fan but I have always been a little intrigued by her ever since I worked in a record shop in Minneapolis in the early 80's.
I have watched this DVD and she is still an amazing performer. There is dancing, enormous theatrics and great camera work throughout.
If you or someone you know like Madonna then this would be a "must have".
The DVD is TRULY excellent quality. This is recorded from digital TV, not an AVI file. The quality is very good - best around so far until HD appears. -Dave

DVD includes chapters to each song but no other extras, just the whole show in excellent quality.

The files are the raw bits of a DVD. You should only have to burn them to a blank DVD to get a playable DVD. No conversion is required. Rar Files are packed with 4% recovery for dependability. MD5 included.

links below are to a text file possessing the live links. The password to unrar the file is quality

rapidshare links:
http://lix.in/-4faadb

megaupload links:
http://lix.in/-4c829b

You tell me: More Sticky than Sweet? More Sweet than Sticky? or Just Right?

76 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a Madonna fan. However info on burning dvds would be nice. What kind of file am I downloading, what do I convert these files to and how can I burn them to dvd. Thanks. Rob

Unknown said...

I'm not a Madonna fan either, but I'm sure there are some out there who will want it.

Anonymous said...

I think she deserves to be posted!

Anonymous said...

Horrible! Shouldn't be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame either.

Anonymous said...

Just my humble opinion...but please don't waste your time uploading such tripe. Madonna has to be one of the planet's most overrated, no talent, musical mysteries...but give her credit, she is a business genius...how else can she remain popular for so long, and produce nothing that will stand the test of time ????

Anonymous said...

Post it! Yes.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan but how about showing how open minded one can be, and who knows, maybe it'll be mutual and reciprocal...

Anonymous said...

This is not that good, she is in fantastic shape but I want to see people that have something interesting to say and say it amazingly!
She is entertaining to lots of people though not me.

Unknown said...

I'm not a Madonna fan, but some people like her. Yes, post it.

Anonymous said...

Well ... If it sounds like how she looks ...
She's got ticket to ride ! but we don't care !
But let see before making moral judgements
Best Regards

Anonymous said...

By the looks of this pic I bet she can play that thing better than Eddie Van Halen. She looks like a total moron with that guitar. On a positive note, thanks for sharing your great rock 'n' roll shows!

Stadium Studios said...

I "was" a Madonna fan. I lost all interest in her after the album "Erotica".

However, if you post this, I will definitely download it, burn it and watch it.

I would be very interested in seeing this.

Of course, this is a poll and I guess majority will rule. Either way, QB is the best site anywhere!!

Stadium Studios said...

If you do post this one and it is good, I will rip the audio and post it.

tom said...

Not a madonna fan.... but post it (unless it means not posting something else)

And remember: you are boss here, so if you feel its worth sharing, do it

JR said...

Yes, please post. Not a Madonna-fan myself, but be broadminded.

Anonymous said...

Gees, forget this and post some more TUBES.

fulhamx said...

Not for me, but a good mixture of styles on here is not a bad thing

Anonymous said...

SHE CAN'T AFFORD A LES PAUL CUSTOM???

Anonymous said...

My initial reaction is "HELL NO!", but then everyone has their tastes. So, leave it up to the votes. Majority rules.
JPP

Anonymous said...

No, No, No! There's too much other great music in the world to be wasting time on The Child Trafficker! It's just commercial crap with no substance.

Gener said...

I say post it!!!

If you've seen her Confessions DVD http://is.gd/1xDBP you will know what I'm talking about.

She isn't the greatest singer, but a great performer and puts on a great show!

Anonymous said...

sure why not?

Anonymous said...

I think you should post this one. People have a variety of tastes. One thing is for sure, Madonna can give a great live show.

Can you repost her 1993 Tokyo gig? The links are down.

Your blog is truly awesome.

Keep up the great work mate.

Cheers,
80sfan

PH said...

I'd say YES, she does deserve it.
As many people here, I don't think she's the best singer ever, but one of, if not the, best performer. And many of her songs are classics.
Now "Vox populi, vox dei"
Kind regards

Anonymous said...

IMO, no but if people want it. it's your call

ChstrFieldKing said...

no

Prefabfan said...

Nah...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Musical tastes being what they are I vote yes. I'll crank on some Slayer and then throw on Miles Davis immediately after. Plus, you have lots of boots offered that don't fall into the "rock" catagory but I'm sure if you check your Rapidshare stats you'll find that people ARE downloading them. The more broad your selection the better.

Let your Madonna freak flag fly!

Prefabfan said...

appropo of nothing-her video from Japan from 20 years ago, song "Dres You Up in My Love" has the hottest drumming I have rver heard, or close to it. Forgot who it is, but that drummer rocks.

Anonymous said...

I would like to DL if you make it available. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Why the hell not if you dont want it dont download it, yes.
Also dont forget to click the you know what to help this site!
Great stuff thanks.

Anonymous said...

Only if she gets super slutty - then I can turn down the volume and watch as i listen to one of your other many fine selections posted here. hmmmm - maybe the Jacksons? -TIP

Anonymous said...

no

Anonymous said...

even if i´m not interested, i guess someone should be so tolerant to accept that sime people like her music..

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think you should post stuff like that.

But it is your blog and you are the boss, and everybody has got to accept whatever you post and since everything is free nobody has a right to complain about anything.

Personally I would prefer more classic rock and southern rock instead of Madonna.

Whatever you decide to do I'd like to say thanks for this great blog - QualityBoots is great with or without Madonna.

Anonymous said...

nooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

I already posted my negative vote previously...the whole point was asking people their opinion. Of course the final decision lies with our blog host (isn't that obvious ???). The question raised was asking for people's individual opinions. Why is everyone answering how they feel othrs would want it ? Answer for yourselves and be done with it ! Everyone isn't expected to like every post on the site...the whole point is that there is always something for everyone...but as for Madonna...does she even play the guitar ? It doesn't look like it is plugged in, and from the shot posted, it doesn't look like she is wearing a wireless...is her guitar playing as lip-synched as her singing ? What a fraud !

Anonymous said...

morning everybody

- she is a little bit kinky (?) and 'our' generation got some problems with erotica ....

but where are the adds to klick too

thomas aka anonymous

DDay said...

Saw the show last weekend in Belgium. Musically not that great, but visually perfect.
So yes, I'm interested in seeing this.

Cheers!
DDay

Anonymous said...

For heaven's sake: please don't do it! There's so much good music on your site, don't spoil it with Madonna.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Please, post it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

why not posting? just because some have no tolerance against others taste?
go for it (i already dl it on demonoid ;) )

Anonymous said...

Forget it.

planetgrove said...

No Thank You.

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Actually the question raised is "Post or not" not do you like Madonna. I think DVD wants toknow his visitors' opinions. I don't really see how posting a Madonna video is gonna fk up a great site.

Truth be told I only download a handful of bands from here anyway but that has more to do with my personal tastes then DVD's choice of material. I'm here for the Floyd, Hendrix and Prince but will grab the occasional Skynyrd (with Ronnie) and Van Morrison. Just because I don't d/l Clapton or Bon Jovi doesn't mean they suck it just means they ain't my cup of tea.

I'm not a Madonna fan either but it's rather obvious that someone out there digs her or she wouldn't still be around 26 years later.

Ultimately it DVD's call but I think it's awfully cool of him to ask what we think.

Anonymous said...

Post it - maybe with an audio file as well for those who might find it hard to watch her for an hour or so.
I believe that it is necessary, no, essential to offer a variety to cater for the many musical tastes out there - it opens our ears to alternatives that we would otherwise not consider and, like it or not, she has produced some good material over the years - and that comes from a Deep Purple, Led Zep, Cream and Hendrix lover.

mako_new said...

Hell, NO!

Unknown said...

Sure, why not..

Anonymous said...

if the quality of the video recording is really good and it is Pro Shot
= Absolutely

This site is great partly through the diversity of artists

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. Would certainly be appreciated by me.

And while we're on the topic of live acts that are still... you know... alive(!!), how about some more Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie and Depeche Mode? Those three are thoroughly under exposed here. ;)

Thanks for everything.

Anonymous said...

definately :-)
'Kite

Anonymous said...

No thanks, not for me.
Bruce at Glasto DVD instead ?

Dave H.
UK

Anonymous said...

No on "The Madge", but how bout some truly gifted "performers" like umm.. Katy Perry or Lady Gaga. Sorry for being so pithy. Truly appreciate all the gems you post for us everyday.

Peace and Love!

Anonymous said...

Yes please post this. I'm not a big Madonna fan like many of the responders, but I think this will still be an interesting show to see, and something a little different.

QualityBootZ said...

previous comments are related to a question as to whether it was worth the time to upload 7.7 gigs for this
(3.85MB X 2).
I decided that the there was enough interest and the product was too good to pass up.
Dave

ChstrFieldKing said...

going to skip this trash

Prefabfan said...

I am trying to figure out, if you don't like her, and I don't, what do you care if Dave shares it? What skin is it off your nose? Like going to Baskin Robbins and insisting they no longer sell Rocky Road because you don't like RR. ALSO, people use the Rapidshare file manager, makes this a lot easier. THANKS DAVE, will watch once on your recommendacious.

Anonymous said...

Is she sticky---probably; or was that stinky?? Is it sweet.....I doubt it............lol

tommybass said...

Good enough, Dave. I won't be downloading this, but I will eventually download the Jacksons Live late 70's gig.
Yes, I am an older rocker, but all music is good to someone.
Keep up the good work, bro.

Seth Hollander said...

There is a logical reason to oppose Dave posting something you don't like. The reason is sometimes referred to as "opportunity costs". It's the idea that limitations imposed by reality (time, money, mental energy) force people to make choices rather than have everything.
Personally, I wish Dave didn't post about 80% of what he does. I wish this because he only has a certain amount of resources to personally devote to this site. When he expends those resources on posts that don't benefit me he is choosing not to spend that energy on posts that would benefit me.
With this in mind, when asked to vote on how Dave should expend his resources, it makes sense to vote no on a post that is not in your interest.
I didn't vote because:
1- I feel Dave should actually have complete decision-making on his work. He puts in all the work and time and money.
2- I suspect that most people prefer his posts that I'm not interested in. A LOT of people like music I don't care about.
On the other hand: While I think Dave should be sole decisionmaker on his work, it's possible his real point in asking us to vote was to achieve a greater degree of interaction with his audience than he's been getting. The "How Are You Doing?" post from a month or two ago was a bold overture for interaction without any D/L offering involved. The act of voting on possible posts also promotes our (Dave's audience) interaction with Dave.
This is a wonderful site that involves a good deal of thought and effort. Let's all have a good time. And if the ringmaster wants a cheer or a show of hands, let's give him one!

Prefabfan said...

Appropo of nothing, but I could not figure where to post:
Dave, the guitar solo I recommended don't sound so hot in 2009 :-(
BUT try Hadley Hockensmith on "From You" in Koinonia who I saw live numerous times. What he do to that Telecaster is LOVE. Overnite Sensenation-David Gate is good playing (horrible song), but not as good as I remembered.

80sfan said...

Dave:

Thank you SO much for posting this Madonna show. It is BRILLIANT!!!

The songs are all new versions and are incredible. Madonna is playing the guitar and well. For those who doubt this, watch this gig. You can her guitar solo in many tracks.

The dancing is incredible. Well done and in sync. The visuals are breath taking.

This is a true gem for anyone who grew up in the 1980s like I did. Whether you like Madonna or not, she really gives a great show.

Thanks again mate.

Cheers,
80sfan

Anonymous said...

I'm not a madonna fan but it's nice to know that the offerings here are so diverse.

Many of us have very eclectic music tastes: I can listen to Buckethead, Stravinsky, Genesis, Bill Evans, Tears for Fears, duke ellington and DJ Shadow all on one day without blowing a gasket.

Quality, choice and diversity are the key.

If everyone started complaining about what they did and didn't want to see on the site nothing would ever get posted!

keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

If you do or don't like Madonna this is excellent quality,thx !

Niebla de Fuego said...

Excelent upload!

Thanks a lot. This is a great DVD of the recent Madonna.

Anonymous said...

For your information this is a PAL recording and will need to be converted to NTSC (a rather convoluted process) in order to play on a US DVD player. Plays fine on a computer but not on your TV.

Anonymous said...

Help--I copied the files to a dvd but it won't play on my computer or dvd player. What do i need to do?

80sfan said...

There is NO reason to convert this at all!!! I downloaded it and burnt it. It plays with NO problem at all. I live in Toronto, Canada and we have the same format as the US.

If you are not sure how to do it OR feel it is difficult, ask someone to help you out. It is rather easy.

This is a great show and is worth getting.

Thanks again Dave.

Cheers,
80sfan

Anonymous said...

anon - use imgburn to create the dvd. it works well and is free.

Stadium Studios said...

Hey QB! I just got this downloaded and watched it tonight. Thanks for posting it.

I thought the picture quality was great but the audio not so much.

It was a very good show but Madonna seemed to be going through the paces to me.

The alternate versions of a few of the earlier hits was a REAL TREAT!!

Again, thanks so much for posting.

Stadium Studios said...

Let me ask everybody this:

I have personally become very annoyed at the recent shows I have seen with all the damn giant video monitors and stuff. I find it completely distracting and totally unnecessary. Like when I saw VH. The widescreen projection above the stage was bigger than the stage itself. When I saw AC/DC, it wasn’t as big but just as bad. Man, I think it just takes away from the whole experience for me.

What happened to The Band, A pile of Speakers and the PYRO!!!!!!!! I hate going to a show and watching it on TV!!!!!!!

Am I just nuts or getting too old?

Anonymous said...

How about Marvin Gaye instead, this is real music from the heart as opposed to Madonna's music coming from the mind. Is there someone out there who could tell her which way to the Great Wizard of Oz? I wonder which music she could create if she really had a heart...

Panta REI said...

Maybe its too late for me, but i try to download the DVD in rapidshare and the size of the file is 0 KB :S
With the other alternative, same thing, the size is 1 KB :S
So, obviously something is missing here :) Can u explain me?
I saw Madonna in Madrid last July and its was good, she has a tremendous energy, but the sound was dissapointing.
Anyway, is a classic, she's Madonna! :)
Thanks in advance for ur help and ur gentlehood

Anonymous said...

Hi folks, is there anybody out there who can help me? I have dowloaded all ( 1 - 38 ) but I can`t open. Just some parts of the concert. It says: Disc full. I downloaded two times but no change. What can ( must ) I do? Or what am I doing wrong? Anybody with the same problems out there?
Mr. Pi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I run hot and cold on Madoona, as I do with many other acts, but this sounds like a winner. Despite enjoying bands such as Pink Floyd, Eagles and Led Zep immensely in years gone by, I now have very little interest in hearing them, either live or studio, boot or official. Enough is enough and there is so much other great music to be discovered. Dave, your blog is great. You give the people what they want, plus the opportunity to try things they may not be familiar with. I say keep posting the unexpected, including new emerging artists we don't know about.

Astrid Salazar Siry - looks like you downloaded the TEXT file (it downloads as a .rar file) containing the rapidshare and megaupload links. You need software to decode this. I'm a Mac user and recommend RAR Expander. For windows I think you can use Winrar. It will ask for a password - see above, it's QUALITY. Open the text file to see 38 http addresses. Copy and paste them one at a time into your browser address bar, then follow the prompts to download the parts. When all the parts are in (they are .rar files too), use your decoder software to create the DVD-burnable files.

Mr. Pi - "Disc full" could mean that your hard drive doesn't have enough free space to decode and create the DVD-burnable files. Try backing up and deleting files from your computer until there is at least 6 GB available (more is better). HTH.

Stadium Studios - You are neither nuts nor getting too old. They have those giant screens because the venues are too big for a traditional, intimate concert experience. The bands and promoters are too greedy to have more, smaller shows. Instead of a three or four night stand, it's one big show and on to the next big city to do it again. It's all about economics.

- Mr G