Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Throwing Muses: Middletown 1997 (FM) FLAC

by requestThrowing+Muses
Web Services International, Middletown, Rhode Island, USA
Recorded: February 1997
Broadcast: 9 March 1997
Lineage: Silver CD > xAct > flac > wav (tracks 1, 15, 16) > TLH > flac

Setlist:
01. Intro
02. Limbo
03. Shark
04. Shimmer
05. Start
06. Cottonmouth
07. Matter of Degrees
08. Bright Yellow Gun
09. Ruthie's Knocking
10. Tango
11. Serene
12. Interlude
13. Furious
14. Night Driving
15. Like a Dog
16. You Cage
17. Two Step

OU Info: This is a reseed of show seeded here in 2005. Many thanks to the original seeder. This was recorded and broadcast as part of the shortlived MSN "On Air" series. I edited out an annoying MSN voiceover at the very beginning of the intro and all of an outro. There is still the intro and interlude by Dave and Bernie, but nothing from MSN.
I also edited Like a Dog because it had 50 seconds of You Cage included for some reason. Additionally, I renamed all the tracks and added tags etc.
I recently asked Kristin's Manager/Husband what the date/venue for this show was on the kristinhersh.com forum and here was his response:
It was recorded a couple of weeks/months ahead of the broadcast, but I have no clear memory of when exactly that was.
I do remember the location though, because it was so weird. It was in the offices of a local ISP called Web Services International on Aquidneck Ave in Middletown, RI.
I have no idea how MSN selected that least-vibey-of-all-locations but I remember that we weren't surprised.

Here is all the info as on the packaging:
the Microsoft
Network[tm] in association
with Paradigm Music
Entertainment Company
presents:

MSN
On Air
it's radioactive

For broadcast on 3.9.97
at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST
with simultaneous on-line
interview/chat at
onair.msn.com
enjoy,

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-9d4026
or
http://lix.in/-9725a2
http://lix.in/-98ac43
http://lix.in/-9a32e4
http://lix.in/-9bb985

or
http://mrxrvv.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvk.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvm.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvz.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-959f0b
or
http://lix.in/-9d4030
http://lix.in/-9ec6d1
http://lix.in/-a04d72
http://lix.in/-a1d413

or
http://mrxrvn.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvc.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvr.link-protector.com
http://mrxrvs.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Whomever requested this - great call! I LOVE this band. Saw them in college in '87 or so and that show still stands as one of my top 10 concerts ever.

Dave -- you are the MAN! Thanks for all the music, even some like this I never expected to see!

GFS said...

Dave, sorry to be so needy, but any chance of some earlier, "classic" Throwing Muses"? This was later as a trio with Bernard Georges; but the earlier line up was with step- sister Tanya Donelly (later of The Breeders and Belly) with Leslie Langston on bass: I've looked for, without luck, "Live In Brussels, March 1989 At The Ancienne Belgique (Works In Progress 4)TRACK LIST: 01. Intro - You Cage, 02. Fall Down, 03. Take, 04. Dizzy, 05. Devil's Roof, 06. Soap And Water, 07. Pools In Eyes, 08. Red Shoes, 09. America (She Can't Say No, 10. Cottonmouth, 11. Dragonhead, 12. A Feeling, 13. Say Goodbye, 14. Bea, 15. Vicky's Box, 16. Santa Claus, 17. Mania, 18. Stand Up" I've seen it listed, but never can find it. If not, you've been more than accommodating!

Michael said...

Thanks, Dave, for remembering the Muses. This is a great set for "live in the studio" sound because you barely know there's an audience and the band is crystal clear--an ambience they have avoided on their own official releases. My favorite is the inclusion of "Like a Dog."

GFS, you can find the show you're requesting for sale at Kristinhersh.com for $10. (Go to the Shop and look for the mp3/works in progress link; it's one of several series available.) It's an mp3 download only, and so far as I know it has never been available in flac or otherwise better quality--it was streamed on msn.com in the first place, no? Support the band, buy it direct! Your $10 goes to Kristin's own business and I assume Dave, Tanya, & Leslie get a piece of it too.

Michael said...

Edit on that last comment: I conflated the two shows. The Brussels Works in Progress set was never broadcast/streamed on msn.com (to my knowledge) although I suppose that it was recorded in the first place could suggest that it was intended for broadcast somewhere in Europe. In any case, that Brussels show is well worth paying Throwing Music $10 for.