Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pink Floyd: Hollywood 1972 (Ex- Aud Master) FLAC

82026
22 Sept 1972
Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
ECM-22P mics > Sony 770 reel
Revox A77 (playback) > Sony TC755 reel
Technics 1506 (playback) > Sony R500 DAT > HHb850 CDR
CDR rip (EAC) >Adobe Audition (fix speed/pitch, some editing and EQ) > TLH

Disc 1
1. Breathe
2. The Travel Sequence
3. Time
4. Home Again
5. The Great Gig in the Sky
6. Money
7. Us and Them
8. Any Colour You Like
9. Brain Damage
10. Eclipse

Disc 2
1. One of these Days
2. Careful with that Axe, Eugene
3. Echoes
4. A Saucerful of Secrets
5. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-82d1ce
or
http://lix.in/-8f06d6
http://lix.in/-814b37
http://lix.in/-82d1d8
http://lix.in/-845879
http://lix.in/-85df1a
http://lix.in/-8765bb
http://lix.in/-88ec5c
http://lix.in/-8a72fd

or
http://link-protector.com/746726/
http://link-protector.com/746727/
http://link-protector.com/746728/
http://link-protector.com/746729/
http://link-protector.com/746730/
http://link-protector.com/746731/
http://link-protector.com/746732/
http://link-protector.com/746733/


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-8bf99e
or
http://lix.in/-88ec66
http://lix.in/-8a7307
http://lix.in/-8bf9a8
http://lix.in/-8d8049
http://lix.in/-8f06ea
http://lix.in/-814b4b
http://lix.in/-82d1ec
http://lix.in/-84588d

or
http://link-protector.com/746734/
http://link-protector.com/746735/
http://link-protector.com/746736/
http://link-protector.com/746737/
http://link-protector.com/746738/
http://link-protector.com/746739/
http://link-protector.com/746740/
http://link-protector.com/746741/


Comments welcome.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab stuff indeed - many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Is this version better than the 3 below from the blog?

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2009/06/pink-floyd-hollywood-bowl-1972-vg-aud.html

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2009/01/pink-floyd-staying-home-to-watch-rain.html

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2009/07/pink-floyd-hollywood-bowl-1972.html

Thank you for all these great posts

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave

one request: the Floyd show from April 5, 1994, in Houston, if you have it. Thanks for looking into this.

Regards
Thomas

dstache said...

I haven't downloaded this and am wondering the same thing as Anonymous, whether the sound quality here is better than the other versions of this show. For what it is worth, I graded Staying Home To Watch the Rain as a B+/A- SBD, which I think is about equivalent to Dave's VG++. I think Dave's sound quality grades are spot on. So my guess is that this Exc- graded source is just slightly better than Staying Home To Watch the Rain. Similar or opposing opinions are more than welcome!

QualityBootZ said...

The best way that I can share the difference is that this is essentially unprocessed and from the master reel.
Lineage is not completely known in the others (other than they came from CDs).
Sirene often incorporates noise reduction in their work (some like that, others don't).

Regarding Houston - I have it. Stay tuned as I will post it before month's end...
Dave

Beth said...

I'm a little confused -- I downloaded these files, and they are the exact same files as the Bowl de Luna boot. Both in sound quality and file length. I even played both boots concurrently and they were nearly 100% a match.

When I went to the PF Concert Database to read up on this particular boot, the way it was described was nothing like what I ended up getting. TGGITS wasn't split in two parts, there isn't 2:50 seconds of stuff before Breathe starts, there are no tune-ups....what gives?

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave
Great, I am looking forward to downloading Houston.

Have a great week-end.
Thomas

Anonymous said...

I haven't downloaded this yet but I usually find these private transfers from masters to be slightly more intimate and atmospheric- more like being at the venue in fact. On the down side they are sometimes less 'smooth' on the ears due to less post production work etc in comparison to a commercial boot

I thought the general consensus was that the Godfather 'End of Rainbow' had the edge on the other commercial boots.
I guess it just depends on your personal preferences in these matters

Superfan said...

AWESOME!!!

Mark

Anonymous said...

This is the version to have its sounds very, best version I have and the artwork is pretty good (OK its mine)
regards Sgt Weatherman

Anonymous said...

This is the version to have it good sounds very, best version I have and the artwork is pretty good (OK its mine)
regards Sgt Weatherman
here's a version in English