BBC "Top Gear" with John Peel - January/May 1968
OU: Another find from the old Boot Box. The Beefheart Boot "Out Here, Over There" is well documented online and contains two complete Peel Sessions and 7 additional tracks which have been left off this torrent as they have been released on the "Grow Fins" box.
The Peel Sessions have, according to my research, never been included in an official release; the original tapes were taped over by the BBC long ago. Regarding the extra tracks, 2 are from Cannes 1968, four are from Kidderminster 1968, and one is listed (on the back cover of the CD) as being from Amougies 1969--this incipient version of "Sun Zoom Spark" is subject to debate as to its origins and source--I'm leaving it off the torrent for the sake of concision and cohesion.
Sound varies, especially on tracks 4 & 5 which seem to have been compiled from alternate sources. Overall I'd give it a B+, very listenable, especially for the devoted fan--as which of us are not?
Lineage--FM-?-CD-CDR-WAV-FLAC
These files have been tested with Trader's Little Helper and confirmed as lossless.
Don Van Vliet: vocals, harmonica, musette, tenor & soprano sax
Jeff Cotton: guitar, slide guitar
John French: drums, percussion
Jerry Handley: bass guitar
Alex St. Clair Snouffer: guitar, slide guitar
January 24, 1968 - London, Maida Vale. Studio 4
1. Yellow Brick Road
2. Abba Zaba
3. Sure 'Nuff & Yes I Do
4. Electricity
May 6th, 1968 - London, 201 Piccadilly, Studio 1
5. Beatle Bones 'N Smokin' Stones
6. Safe As Milk
7. Kandy Korn
8. Trust Us
Enjoy!
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-895439
http://lix.in/-8adada
http://lix.in/-8c617b
or
http://kzrnrz.link-protector.com
http://kzrnrn.link-protector.com
http://kzrnrc.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-8adac6
http://lix.in/-8c6167
http://lix.in/-8de808
or
http://kzrnrv.link-protector.com
http://kzrnrk.link-protector.com
http://kzrnrm.link-protector.com
I have a number of CB boots to post if there is interest out there. Let me know.
24 comments:
THANK YOU!!!!
It's time the Captain got some representation on the blogs, very little about and virtually nothing in lossless
Don't know if this is my request - made a general plea for Beefheart a while back - really happy to see it here, more please!!
How about 'The original Batchain puller' or 'Hoboism' or Amsterdam 1980 or anything at all really!
Big thanks as always
I have studio and concerts from 1972 - 1981. I have a few already uploaded and scheduled but if i find that there is interest I will post the dozen or so boots that I have.
-dave
A dozen or so? Be still my beating heart!!!
I love the Captain, and anything that you post would be most gratefully appreciated.
I love this blog. Thanks a million, Dave!
Kevin
Dave, thanks for so quickly honoring my recent request for pre-74 Beefheart (and it's not even September yet).
Yeah, like the 1st person said there's almost nothing out there on blogs that's lossless (except for the Amougies fest in '69).
I'm happy to see such a nice response so soon after you posted it, I hope it continues so you post more or even all 12 shows, even the ones after 74.
THANKS AGAIN.
The Original Batchain Puller would be a good one. Any chance???
Gail Zappa does not want to entertain a proper release with so much Frank stuff to get out.
Beefheart always welcome Dave!!!
Sure Nuff n Yes I Do have an interest in more Beefheart!!!
Thanks as always Dave. You out do yourself all the time.
B
Beefheart over gold.
Thanks for this one, looks great. Add me to the list of people who would love to see more Beefheart stuff posted here.
You constantly surprise me with putting up music I have heard about but never experienced until this site. Siouxsie and the Banshees is the most recent example. Thank you for all you do---this is truly the best site on the net!
Bring it on.
And thanks.
Beefheart Stuffs are always welcome.....
Thank You !!!!
Let's get some more.....
Thank you!
There/here is interest for Beefheart. Keep 'em coming :)
Where's the beef?!!
OK, Hold it right THERE. Beefheart, the always assuming great grand-spokesman for under the radar Blues. A little out of bounds for most rockers. Ballsy balladeer from the core. Interest? Oh, my... Dave, Dave? What's happening, Dave? I feel funny... Van Vliet me!
Cpt Beefheart Love it ALL
One of the most Relevant Artists of the 20th/21stC
Any Cpt is Welcome
Thanks Dave
Love the Cap'n! I would love to get any live stuff too... he did an appearance on Saturday Night Live -- back when they booked interesting music, god bless 'em -- when "Doc" came out, and did a version of "Hot Head" that so rattled my soul I have been looking to get a copy of it ever since!!!
Thanks sooooo much for the "Top Gear" Beefheart! :D
Yes please, MORE & MORE CB please!!!
ALR :)
my dad used to play captain beefheart for me when i was a kid on tape/lp. :P
id relay appreciate some more to listen to now im gown up,
and thanks for all the music, it's an amazing archive you have here.
Thank you for the offer - yes please.
Regarding "original Bat Chain Puller," someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this was (not legitimately, but quasi-legit) as the "Dust Sucker" CD - Still available on Amazon right now. Or is that CD just Bat Chain sessions and not the "original Bat Chain" per se?
Regardless, would love to check out other lossless CB stuff, thanks very much!
I love Beefheart, please post more and thanks a million!!!!
As You asked, very much interest found here, Captain Beefheart is one of my favourites.
And thank You for this one.
Thanks!!!!! More rare studio pleae!
Post a Comment