As a big EC fan I have seen this pic a few times. I'm pretty sure it's BB King, Eric, and... Elvin Bishop? Not sure of the location - I would guess the Whiskey a Go Go, but not certain. No idea what they're playing either, I've always assumed it was just a jam!
B.B King, Eric Clapton and probably Elvin Bishop (my first instinct was Bloomfield, but Elvin seems more likely for some reason. It definitely ain't Beck or Richards who never had curly wiry hair like that). Come on, put us out of our misery!
Dave, if there is no recording of the 3 of them together, I would like to request the Paul Butterfield blues band (w/ Bloomfield and Bishop). There's some soundboard recordings goin' around from S.F and Boston in '66. thanks
25 comments:
Buddy Guy Eric Clapton & either Keith Richards or Mike Bloomfield?
As a big EC fan I have seen this pic a few times. I'm pretty sure it's BB King, Eric, and... Elvin Bishop? Not sure of the location - I would guess the Whiskey a Go Go, but not certain. No idea what they're playing either, I've always assumed it was just a jam!
Andy
Clapton and Richards but the other I have no idea.
Clapton, Ben E. King and George Harrison
BB King I meant
BB King, Eric Clapton and Robbie Krieger
Eduardo (that´s me)
King, Clapton and i dunno :S
Eric Clapton, BB King and Jeff Beck....actually thoughtr it may have been Jimmy Page but I'll stick with Beck.
Keith Richards, EC and BB King. Why doncha post the session so we can listend andf find out :)
I go along with C. Michael Bailey and Andy and say it's B.B. King, Clapton and Elvin Bishop.
And yes I would love to hear what they're playing.
It looks like Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton and Keith Richards to me.
B.B King, Eric Clapton and probably Elvin Bishop (my first instinct was Bloomfield, but Elvin seems more likely for some reason. It definitely ain't Beck or Richards who never had curly wiry hair like that). Come on, put us out of our misery!
From left to right: The Great B.B. KING teaching Eric Clapton and Keith Richards how to play a good blues!
The photo is from 1967 in New York and it's B.B. King, Clapton and Elvin Bishop.
Now, the only question left is if Dave has a recording of that get together.
Dave, if there is no recording of the 3 of them together, I would like to request the Paul Butterfield blues band (w/ Bloomfield and Bishop). There's some soundboard recordings goin' around from S.F and Boston in '66.
thanks
Yes, it's B.B. King, Eric Clapton and Elvin Bishop in New York. And it's not 1968, it's 1967.
BB King, Eric Clapton and Paul Butterfield at at New York's Cafe Au Go Go in 1967.
I would guess the third is Peter Green.
No, my bad, it is Elvin Bishop.
King, Clapton & Bishop
King, Clapton and Bishop. I believe it was taken at the Cafe Au Go Go in New York City by Michael Ochs with Getty Images.
Could this mean we're gonna get the boot of this? I'm pretty sure there's one out there somewhere.
The one on the far right could be our famous Dave. ;-)
Nice Boots, B.B. !!
Not too sure..but I think that they're playing guitars .
Post a Comment