Mesa, Arizona
9-17-1988
Outrider Tour
NTSC DVD
77 min
Menu and Chapter Selection
OU: The artwork has it as a Cosmic Energy Release but I'm not sure this is the same one although it shares the same title.
Got this in a trade recently. Great to see Jimmy in some good footage from this era. This was shot by MTV and for some reason was never aired. Appears to be a VHS transfer a couple generations old and is pretty dark at times for a proshot. Maybe that's why it never aired.When the stage lights are bright, it looks very good. Isn't quite as crisp videowise as I would like but it still kicks ass. A few of the songs are incomplete. The interview is great.
The soundcheck is cool but Jimmy plays the maestro rather than picking up the guitar much during it
Set:
interviews & soundcheck
Who's To Blame
Prelude
Over The Hills And Far Away
City Sirens/Drum Solo
The Chase
Violin Bow Solo
Dazed And Confused Jam
*couple of cut up things in here lasts about a minute
Writes Of Winter (only 1 camera shooting here - audio sounds like camera)
Tear Down The Walls(only 1 camera shooting here - audio sounds like camera)
Midnight Moonlight (beginning cut)
In My Time Of Dying
Blues Anthem
Train Kept A Rollin (beginning cut)
Stairway To Heaven (makes this worth the download in itself)
Video Attribute :
Video compression mode : MPEG-2
TV system : 525/60 (NTSC)
Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Display Mode : reserved
Source picture resolution : 720x480 (525/60)
Frame Rate : 29.97
Source picture letterboxed : Not letterboxed
Bitrate : 9.80Mbps
Audio Attribute :
Audio Coding mode : Dolby Digital
Sampling Rate : 48kHz
Audio application mode : Not specified
Number of Audio channels : 5
Bitrate : 224 Kbps
Number of Audio streams : 1
link to text file that possesses the live links, the password is quality
rar files packed with a recovery record -
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-848457
or
http://kmnvkz.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-87990f
or
http://kmnvcw.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
3 comments:
Not to complain Dave, but I'd be eagerly picking this up if I hadn't already found it about a year ago(assuming this is aka Raising/Ravaging Arizona, which the text seems to confirm)(I'm sure some of you haven't come across this yet, And if your like me, this has become a great day because of it...but). How about tracking down one of these shows, most of which I haven't seen anywhere?
http://www.stryder.de/dvd_solo.html
A different Outrider date or a Firm concert(which I have Never seen[I don't count youTube footage] except for that behind the scenes look you offered a while back)would be my first choice!
A new Page-Crows date would be great(Just Not(yet/first)this one "Jones Beach Long Island, NY, July 10, 2000" its been around for just as long)
Coverdale.Page (just not yet/first "Dec.20,1993") would also be nice. As well as being a frist entry at your site.
Thanks
Thanks Dave but after a day long download, it does not play? is it all there? Unzipps but just sits in VLC? tHANKS
Thank you!!!
I noticed too it seemed hard to find what to do with it in VLC player, but going to burn it to dvd.
Maybe it's a "little dark", but so what!
MTV again show their stupidity by not repeatedly playing this concert since it was made.
Post a Comment