Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jimi Hendrix: Studio Jams and Outtakes

the_first_rays_of_the_new_rising_sun_front
Liberated Bootleg
"The First Rays Of The New Rising Sun"
Original Triangle PYCD 084-2 CDs > EAC > SHN > FLAC
OU Notes: EXCELLENT quality studio outtakes and jam sessions recorded with the Cry of Love band at The Record Plant (1969) and Electric Lady Studios (1970). This is not an illegitimate version of the Experience Hendrix release of the same name.This was released in 1993 and remains as one of my favorite bootlegs. Not to toot my own horn, but every Hendrix fan should get this. I won't say why; the music speaks for itself.

d1:
01. Izabella (Tk 1-3 reel3, Tk 1-3 reel4)
02. Machine Gun (Try Out)
03. I'm A Man (So I'm Trying To Be) (Tk1)
04. Lord I Can See The Blues (For Me And You)
05. I'm A Man (So I'm Trying To Be) (Tk 2)
06. Beginnings (Alt Intr Mix)
07. Valleys of Neptune (Instr Blues Jam)

d2:
01. Send My Love To Linda (Tk 1-3)
02. Ships Passing In The Night
03. Heaven Has No Sorrow (Tk 1-2)
04. Valleys Of Neptune (Instr)
05. Alcatrazz
06. Night Bird Flying
07. Live And Let Live
08. Highway Of Desire / $7 Dollar In My Pocket
09. Midnight Lightning
10. Angel
11. Look Over Yonder
12. Astroman (Instr)
13. 1983... A Merman I Should Turn To Be

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7faa4b
or
http://lix.in/-7c9cff
http://lix.in/-7e23a0
http://lix.in/-7faa41
http://lix.in/-8130e2
http://lix.in/-737543
http://lix.in/-74fbe4
http://lix.in/-768285
http://lix.in/-780926

or
http://vrrcvz.link-protector.com
http://vrrcvn.link-protector.com
http://vrrcvc.link-protector.com
http://vrrcvr.link-protector.com
http://vrrcvs.link-protector.com
http://vrrckx.link-protector.com
http://vrrckw.link-protector.com
http://vrrckv.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-737561
or
http://lix.in/-7e23b4
http://lix.in/-7faa55
http://lix.in/-8130f6
http://lix.in/-737557
http://lix.in/-74fbf8
http://lix.in/-768299
http://lix.in/-78093a
http://lix.in/-798fdb

or
http://vrrckm.link-protector.com
http://vrrckz.link-protector.com
http://vrrckn.link-protector.com
http://vrrckc.link-protector.com
http://vrrckr.link-protector.com
http://vrrcks.link-protector.com
http://vrrcmx.link-protector.com
http://vrrcmw.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for this Hendrix post - always interesting to study a work in progress. And the sound quality is great.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

From another Hendrix fan: Thanks!

Best, Dutchy

Prefabfan said...

than you, Lennon and Hendrix in one day, a new world's record for generosity!!!

Anonymous said...

Not that I begrudge anyone's enthusiasm for Hendrix BUT is there anything NEW about this bootleg? I'd love to see a review by someone who already owns a lot of Hendrix. I'm running out of disc space and CD storage space. Any volunteers?

Anonymous said...

From a true Hendrix fan: you can never have enough Hendrix.

So my advice would be: buy a new harddrive :)

BTW the first few songs on disc two are simply gorgeous. If you don't have these, you certainly should dl this set. Great quality too.

Best, Dutchy

Anonymous said...

Huh. Initially (how it loaded in my winamp, anyway), and at a few points it seemed to be fairly silly noodling. Though, at numerous other points, it's churning and burning. I think this one starts out pretty hot, and is likely to merit fanatical devotion in time. Possibly one of the great testaments to his genius.

Anonymous said...

I'm also curious to know how many of these tracks are on one of the Michael Jeffries sets?

Prefabfan said...

My 350 GB USB hard drive was $40.00 at Costco, holds 500 CDs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - an enjoyable listen!

Anonymous said...

I can hear a trumpet in "Ships passing through the night". Could Miles Davis be playing in this track? Does anybody know?