live Ipswich Gaumont 11-10-84
Transfer direct from FM master tape (original broadcast recording made 4/1/85 onto Sony BHF 90 cassette tape)> Ion Tape 2 PC>Audacity 1.3>Wav (16 bit)> FLAC (SBE corrected via Trader's Little Helper) FLAC encoded level 6
OU: Great set from the 'Animalize' tour-the usual nonsense involved (e.g. the 'women around here are like submarines' spiel- very silly), but this features some entertaining old songs- e.g. 'I Still Love You' etc.
Transfer came out well- superb sound.
This brought back some good memories of seeing them at Southampton Gaumont on the same tour.
1.Detroit Rock City
2.Cold Gin
3.Strutter
4.Fits Like A Glove
5.Heaven's On Fire
6.Under The Gun
7.I've Had Enough (Into The Fire)
8.I Still Love You
9.I Love It Loud
10.Creatures of the Night
11.Love Gun
Time: 51.17
rar files packed with a recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-748737
or
http://lix.in/-74872d
http://lix.in/-760dce
http://lix.in/-77946f
http://lix.in/-791b10
or
http://vrvwrc.link-protector.com
http://vrvwrr.link-protector.com
http://vrvwrs.link-protector.com
http://vrvwsx.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-7179ff
or
http://lix.in/-7aa1bb
http://lix.in/-7c285c
http://lix.in/-7daefd
http://lix.in/-7f359e
or
http://vrvwsw.link-protector.com
http://vrvwsv.link-protector.com
http://vrvwsk.link-protector.com
http://vrvwsm.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
5 comments:
Very nice post. Can't thank you enough for the rock. I just love these shows from bands I listened to as a kid on cassette, 8-trk and LP and the radio. I wasn't old enough to go to these shows from the early 80's and being able to hear what I missed is truly priceless.
Oh yeah, and being from the northwoods at the time, actually going to these shows was pretty much impossible. My first real concert was REO Speedwagon at the Rib Mountain Speedway when I was about 13. Richard Marx was some no-name at the time opening for them. Wow... the memories. My older brother took me (he is no longer here).
So thanks again for this and all shows friend!!
Geeeez, these guys really know how to prostitute themselves haha.
Best, Dutchy
sorry for the loss of your brother...
Thanks QB. He has been gone since Dec. 1999. He was 29. My greatest memories of him were the concerts we went to together. I always looked up to him for that. Dragging his little brother around to shows because he knew they were experiences that make some of your best youthful memories. He was always wise beyond his years with things like that. Our musical tastes parted ways some after we got older but we always had the rock in common. The stuff like Motley Crue and Van Halen and Kiss and some slightly earlier but still relevant stuff too. Oh yeah, Jimmy Buffett! If I had to pick just one to summarize our relationship, Buffett would be it.
Hey, not only do I enjoy collecting this music, I enjoy listening to it and now I even though about my brother. You reach very far with what you give us here... thank you for that.
Thanks for this fantastic release, QB!
I'm a great fan of Kiss. Mark St John was a marvelous guitarist.
Post a Comment