Monday, January 5, 2009

Rocksy Music: Oakland 1979 KSAN Pre-FM Master (FLAC)

roxy_music_
April 20, 1979
Oakland Auditorium Arena
Oakland, CA
From the pre-broadcast KSAN 15 ips reel soundboard reel master. Excellent sound quality.

Disc 1 - 54:02
01 [0:13] Bill Graham intro and crowd
02 [5:22] Manifesto
03 [2:33] Trash
04 [5:23] Out Of The Blue
05 [3:22] Angel Eyes
06 [6:05] A Song For Europe
07 [4:24] Still Falls The Rain
08 [6:52] Mother Of Pearl
09 [5:47] Ain't That So
10 [8:41] Stronger Through The Years
11 [5:20] > Ladytron

Disc 2 - 27:20
01 [9:13] In Every Dream Home A Heartache
02 [3:53] Love Is The Drug
03 [3:27] Editions Of You
04 [1:38] thanks & crowd before first encore
05 [3:24] Do The Strand
06 [0:43] thanks & crowd before second encore
07 [0:43] Re-make/Re-model
08 [1:05] Br yan's final howl and crowd

Br yan Fer ry - vocals and keyboards
Phil Manzanera - guitar
Andy MacKay - sax and oboe
Paul Thompson - drums
Gary Tibbs - bass
David Skinner - keyboards

Lineage: pre-broadcast KSAN 15 ips reel master > Dat > HHB standalone transfer > CD > Pro Tools (extraction, normalization, seamless manual click removal and tracking) > AIFF > xACT (FLAC level 8 files with sector boundaries verified). md5 file created with checkSUM+. Enjoy & Share!

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-40e7f8
http://lix.in/-332c59
http://lix.in/-34b2fa
http://lix.in/-36399b
http://lix.in/-37c03c
http://lix.in/-3946dd


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-3639a5
http://lix.in/-37c046
http://lix.in/-3946e7
http://lix.in/-3acd88
http://lix.in/-3c5429
http://lix.in/-37a579


Comments welcome.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for posting Roxy Music!

Part 6 is corrupt. Can this be fixed?

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Actually despite the error all files seem to be OK, the time of track 207 is actually 3 min 57 sec

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it. In the meantime: there is a "recovery record" on ALL of my links. You may open winrar (the program not the shortcut), locate the file, highlight it and click "repair". Winrar will create a corrected file which youy can then use in place of the other one (but you do have to delete the "bad" file and remove the "fixed." prefix on the corrected file.
It's really not that hard to do + you don't have to redownload the file.
-Dave

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Quality Boots!

Anonymous said...

Tried what you said to fix part 6
It stated part 6 fixed, removed "fixed" as stated......Still corrupt !!! ???
So I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but I can't fix it, so is there any chance of upping a fixed link ?
many thanks....great post by the way

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, I love the old live stuff. Their live releases are a bit lacking, Heart Still Beating especially so. Concerto isn't too bad, I think it may have been recorded on this tour. I have a show from the Cleveland Coliseum if you are interested. FM but sound is fuzzy.

Anonymous said...

I dowmloaded the Mega files and found faults in 2, 4 and 6, and I tried fixing them, but I then was told there were faults in 3 and 5 !

Hmmmm . . .

Any answers ?

D

Anonymous said...

Me again - see previous post.

I tried it again and one step at a time.
It reported faults in parts, 2 3 and 6, which I fixed part 2, and tried again.
It thought that 3 was fine, but still reported a fault in 6, so I fixed it.
Tried again, and it still says part 6 is corrupt.

Going to try the Rapidshare version for part 6 now . . .

D.

Anonymous said...

ditto... can't get track 206 from RS or MS or rar repair

Anonymous said...

little hint on faults with rar-files: extract them with 7zip ;-)

greetings & thanks for the great shows

any new steely dan stuff?

Anonymous said...

both part 6 corrupt

Anonymous said...

People, I tried, I failed, I repaired, I failed again, and then I saw the light . . .

7Zip is definitely the way to go !

D

PS Any nchance of the TM version of Genesis/PG Reunion at MK, UK, 82 ?

Anonymous said...

Awesome, sounds great, Vintage Roxy!

Anonymous said...

i got corrupt file notices from my winRAR daignostic...downloaded 7-zip...extracted using 7-zip...it still told me these 3 files in question (106,107,206) were broken, but they were found intact in the extracted folder & the flac files extarcted to wav, and play perfectly. also, please note that im pretty much an idiot when it comes to computer tech stuff, so if i could figure this one out, anybody else can...

GREAT SHOW!!!

THANKS!!!

!wedge

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this fine show!

Anyway, part #6 is still corrupt and not fixed yet. Pleease can you repost that part ?

THANX