Monday, January 5, 2009

Frank Zappa: Poughkeepsie 1978 (Ex Soundboard) FLAC

FrankZappa
21-Sep 1978, Mid Hudson Center, Poughkeepsie, NY
128 min, SBD, A+
Deathless Horsie, Dancin' Fool, Easy Meat, Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?, Keep It Greasey, Village Of The Sun, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, City Of Tiny Lights, Pound For A Brown, Bobby Brown, Conehead, Mo's Vacation, Black Page #2, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Magic Fingers, Yellow Snow Suite, Little House I Used To Live In, Tell Me You Love Me, Yo Mama, Black Napkins

Lineage: soundboard > cassette > reel > CDR > EAC > SoundForge (some editing, boosting levels, re-tracking) > FLAC Frontend

The story of this recording: the highly famous taper had planned to make an audience recording, but John Smothers helped him getting it plugged into the soundboard instead! My source made an open reel copy from this master.

01 Deathless Horsie
02 Dancin' Fool
03 Easy Meat
04 Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?
05 Keep It Greasey
06 Village Of The Sun
07 The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing
08 City Of Tiny Lights
09 Pound For A Brown
10 Bobby Brown
11 Conehead
12 Mo's Vacation
13 The Black Page
14 Is That Guy Kidding Or What?
15 I Have Been In You
16 Flakes
17 Magic Fingers
18 Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
19 Nanook Rubs It
20 St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
21 Father O'Blivion
22 Rollo
23 Little House I Used To Live In
24 Tell Me You Love Me
25 Yo Mama
26 Black Napkins

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-364e31
http://lix.in/-37d4d2
http://lix.in/-395b73
http://lix.in/-3ae214
http://lix.in/-3c68b5
http://lix.in/-3def56
http://lix.in/-3f75f7
http://lix.in/-40fc98
http://lix.in/-3340f9


megaupload (fixed):
http://lix.in/-3ae21e
http://lix.in/-3c68bf
http://lix.in/-3def60
http://lix.in/-3f7601
http://lix.in/-34e662
http://lix.in/-334103
http://lix.in/-3c8755
http://lix.in/-34c7a4
http://lix.in/-364e45


Comment always welcome.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanx for all great Zappas and much more great great music! Unfortunately part 5 is not reachable on Megaupload and part 7 is non-existant on Megaupload.
Can you fix it? Please..,

Anonymous said...

same problem !!!
thank you for your fantastic job.. zappa, hendrix, pink floyd and so many more... great stuff !!!

Anonymous said...

Same problem. Best wishes for 2009!

Anonymous said...

I believe that I have fixed it. Even though I'd love to have a problem-free blog I do appreciate it when you guys help me out with my mistakes.
Dave

Anonymous said...

Many....Many...Thanks for all the GREAT shows your service provides.You make life alot more enjoyable in these tough times. Cant wait to hear this....BUT in megaupload there are 2 Part 8's still no Part 7...Popa Chubbys Next..THANKSWITHAHANDSHAKE!!!

Anonymous said...

Exactly.. for megaupload.. no part 7 but part 8 is twice..
I always Knew that listening to zappa concerts was a real quest... thank you !!!

Anonymous said...

in fact I think that i have the solution : for magaupload.. the fist N°8 is in fact the N°7.. you just have to turn the 8 into 7 to have the complete show....

Anonymous said...

This one is messed up, too. The part 8 and part 9 files were corrupt for both hosts, and repair fixed nothing.

Anonymous said...

With megaupload
download all the files.. and just change the name of the first N° 8 into N° 7. IT WORKS !!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks last anonymous!!
Worked for me.
and thanks again dave

Anonymous said...

Hi folks,thanks to make it possible to download this beautiful Zappa concert.I`m just listening to "Village of the sun" and it`s beautiful.1978 was a very important time. I think we all felt fantastic,freedom,travelling,new countries,India,Mexico,etc.everything promised a new time.We were strong. And so were the musicians.All,Zappa,The Grateful Dead,The Captain,Supertramp and on and on.So is this concert.Download! So bad this time has gone forever.

Anonymous said...

HoHo,Frank Zappa forever!

Anonymous said...

Hi,thanks for this.Is the earlier comment, that parts 8 and 9 files are corrupt, true?
Best Wishes, JJP

Anonymous said...

Had no problem after renaming the first megaupload part08 to part07.
Thank you Dave.

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,
Part 2 is damaged in both file collections. I've tried on several computers but in vain. Song No. 6 is missing I mean damaged, so give me some advice or HELP me anyway the wind blows

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dave, and all the great Zappas I downloaded from you. Cheers, Gyula

Anonymous said...

HI

havinf problems with part one; changed the name on the 7th file and that was okay. Any ideas about part one???

~Peace