art included but this isn't the cover
June 29th, 1980 The Hallenstadion Zurich, Switzerland
A Bluecongo Matrix Production
SB Source: Conquer Europe EVSD
Aud Source: Master Cassette>DAT>CD-R
Audio edited using Pro Tools>Wav>CD Wave>Flac Level 8 Verified
Size: 804mb
Lineage: All tracks: SBD/AUD sources > Pro Tools > WAV > CD Wave > FLAC (level 8 verified)
d2t03: SBD/AUD sources > Pro Tools > WAV > CD Wave > FLAC (level 8 verified) > xACT > WAV > Audacity > WAV > xACT > FLAC (level 8 verified)
d1t09-d2t06: [as above] > shntool SBE fix > FLAC (level 8 verified)
Track Listing:
disk 1:
1. Train Kept a Rollin
2. Nobody's Fault but Mine
3. Black Dog
4. In the Evening
5. Rain Song
6. Hot Dog
7. All my Love
8. Trampled Underfoot
9. Since I've Been Loving You
disk 2:
1. Achilles Last Stand
2. White Summer/Black Mountainside
3. Kashmir
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Rock n Roll
6. Heartbreaker
Bluecongo's Comments:
I made this mix very "wet & nasty". I really wanted to capture the energy of the crowd and the band reacting to it. This new version I believe will cast a new light on the 1980 tour. I did my best to include as much in between song banter as possible. The Aud taper often paused his recorder in between songs to save tape apparently. The warts of the Aud & SB recordings have been left in. Drop outs, crackles, etc. Kashmir switches from SB to Aud source midway through the song.
Regarding Kashmir, I have taken the unprecedented step of offering two versions of the song. One version has the tremendous screw up in the middle of the song edited out. The other version is the "warts & all" version. I leave it up to you to decide which you want to listen to. I think you'll prefer the edited version.
Mustardpie's comments:
The uncut Kashmir could not be inserted into the original track ordering without a noticeable click at the beginning. A very tiny bit of sound from the trailing note of Black Mountain Side had been clipped from the uncut Kashmir. I restored this tiny bit of data from the beginning of the edited Kashmir back to the beginning of the uncut Kashmir. Now the tracks flow seamlessly into each other.
Also, CD Wave introduced some sector boundary errors at the end of each disk and in the uncut Kashmir. I encoded the complete Kashmir back to flac level 8, named it to fit the track listing above, and fixed SBEs with shntool with the output set to flac level 8.
I certainly enjoy this version better than the plain soundboard recording.
Artwork included in .pdf format. Adobe Acrobat required
shntool report and FLAC fingerprints included
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3ab2cf
http://lix.in/-3c3970
http://lix.in/-3dc011
http://lix.in/-3f46b2
http://lix.in/-40cd53
http://lix.in/-4253f4
http://lix.in/-392e18
http://lix.in/-3ab4b9
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-361a32
http://lix.in/-37a0d3
http://lix.in/-392774
http://lix.in/-3aae15
http://lix.in/-3c34b6
http://lix.in/-3dbb57
http://lix.in/-3f41f8
http://lix.in/-40c899
Comments welcome.
5 comments:
Thanks Dave! you Rock!
hey uhhhh where can I get a copy of the original soundboard uncut or re-edited, I like the edit version but must have the real deal as a friend asked for it, he is the ultimate LZ fan in the world and must have the uncut version for his collection as well. thnx for any info
Very impressed.
M
Thanks a lot! :-))
Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?
Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?
Enter here:
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...
Click HERE to read!
You can't miss it:
FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS
Post a Comment