Monday, January 5, 2009

Thin Lizzy: Upper Darby 1978 (VG Aud) FLAC

lizzy tower 9-8-78 front
Date: September 8, 1978
Venue: Tower Theater
City: Upper Darby, PA, USA
Band lineup:
Phil Lynott - Bass, Vocals
Scott Gorham - Guitar
Gary Moore - Guitar
Brian Downey - Drums
Source: Audience
Taped by: Frank C.
Gear info: [unknown]
Mastered by: Freddie G (from 1st gen cassette copy provided by The Dude)
Mastering info: Technics RS-T130 dual cassette deck --> Philips 870 Standalone CD-R burner. Note that because a standalone burner was used for mastering this the trackmarks are not perfectly placed at each song beginning.
Upload info: My CDR copy --> EAC in secure mode (EAC logs included in torrent) --> T.L.H. --> FLACs
Artwork originally created by Freddie G using his own photos of actual gig.
The tape sounds pretty good for something of this vintage, and hats off to Frank for his efforts on this one.

This show features one of the stints of the band with Gary Moore on guitar alongside Scott Gorham, and it sounds to my ears like Gary is all over this recording, adding all sorts of lead guitar flurries after Phil's vocal lines, as well as going for broke in his solos. Did Gary use a strat with a whammy bar back then??? He sounds at times like he is doing whammy bar divebombs.

Tracklists:
1. Intro
2. Jailbreak
3. Bad Reputation
4. Emerald
5. Warriors
6. Southbound
7. Waitin' For An Alibi
8. Dancing In The Moonlight
9. Massacre
10. Still In Love With You
11. Johnny The Fox
12. Cowboy Song
13. Boys Are Back In Town
14. Don't Believe A Word
15. Are You Ready
16. Me & The Boys
17. Suicide
Total Time - 74:15

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3948f9
http://lix.in/-3acf9a
http://lix.in/-3c563b
http://lix.in/-3ddcdc
http://lix.in/-3f637d


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-34b520
http://lix.in/-363bc1
http://lix.in/-37c262
http://lix.in/-394903
http://lix.in/-3acfa4


Comments welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mr. 2.0! What a great post. Awesome show. Thank you.

I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU for all of the AEROSMITH posts. I can't even tell you how much I have enjoyed listening to these shows man. They have brought me much joy and will for a really long time.

I guess all I can do is say thank you friend (and do a little clickin' on the side).

Oh yeah, I figure the Aerosmith posts are taking up lots of room in the HD department so I plan on doing a donation in the near future. I will be selling some stuff on Eslave and when I gets the money in my PayPal account, I will be sure to send some your way.

THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually that's not Brian Downey on drums. On that period he was replaced by Mark Naussef just for this tour, due to health problems.
GREAT FIND my friend, keep up the great work!
BR

Anonymous said...

Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?

Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?

Enter here:


Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...

Click HERE to read!

You can't miss it:

FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of pictures of Gary Moore with Charvel strats and such from the period of Black Rose and into the early years of his solo career, so yes, he was no stranger to the whammy bar.

Nice show - much better sound than any other Moore-era live recording I've found so far. There are a couple from the UK tour (Glascow and the Guild Hall Preston) that sound like they were recorded underwater. Bravo for Pennsylvania!