New York, NY
February 26, 2008
Excellent show, it is everything you want and speaks for itself.
Great sound and great crowd for MSG. Most hoots, hollars and whistles are only apparent between songs. Regrettably, I turned off the power to one mic, so this is a single mic, double mono recording ... meaning I just copied the left channel into the right channel to give quasi stereo effect. Don't get me wrong, this is still a great recording. I'd bet very few of you would ever have known if I didn't say anything about this fact, but I do believe in full disclosure (probably to a flaw).
Source Info: Schoeps CCM4's > SD744T @ 24/96 > firewire to hard drive of dedicated music only computer > Bit Conversion and re-sampled to 16/44.1 with Sound Forge 7.0 > indexed in Sound Forge 4.5 > CD set up with CD Architect 4.5 > CD burned with CD Architect 5.0 onto Mitsui Gold CD > Extracted to Internet Capable Computer with EAC > FLAC.
Recorded from the 20th Row, FOB, In Front of Left Stack
Band:
Eric Clapton - guitar, vocals
Steve Winwood - hammond organ, guitar, vocals
Chris Stainton - keyboards
Willie Weeks - bass
Ian Thomas - drums
CD1
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. Forever Man
04. Them Changes
05. Sleeping In The Ground
06. Presence Of The Lord
07. Glad >
08. Well Alright
09. Double Trouble
10. Pearly Queen
11. Tell The Truth
12. No Face, No Name, No Number
CD2
13. After Midnight
14. Split Decision
15. Ramblin On My Mind (EC solo acoustic)
16. Georgia On My Mind (SW solo hammond)
17. Little Wing
18. Voodoo Chile
19. Can't Find My Way Home
20. Cocaine
Encore:
21. Dear Mr Fantasy
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-375fe3
http://lix.in/-38e684
http://lix.in/-2b2ae5
http://lix.in/-2cb186
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-3452ab
http://lix.in/-35d94c
http://lix.in/-375fed
http://lix.in/-38e68e
I have focused a lot of attention toward Eric Clapton these last few weeks. Some love it others are less enthusiastic. I have one more huge Eric Clapton post (with Mark Knoephler) then I will move on to others for a while.
Comments welcome.
12 comments:
Sweet! If you have a copy of the previous night I would love that too. Was there and have to say this was one of the best concerts I've ever attended by far.
Looking into something new, can you track down PARLIAMENT-FUNKADELIC
Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - June 3, 1978 (SBD). I've heard a good lossy version so I hope a lossless is out there. Any P-Funk 1978 is great.
Thanks for this great show.
You can never have too much Clapton. Keep up the good work!
If you have a copy of thelast night at MSG that would be great!
It doesn't matter when people comment on their likes or dislikes.
This is a great blog - keep up the good work.
5taipans
Many of us are appreciative of all your efforts. Thanks for the postings and keep them coming
I agree with everyone.... I check this site EVERY DAY
Love the clapton can't get enough
Did he do Smile on any other tour then 74? If anyone knows or has any other year with Smile (Charlie Chaplin cover.... stunning) let me know!
Keep it coming PLEASE!
This is a fine record of the evening. If you're on the fence, get it. All killer, no filler.
Please, keep the EC posts coming. I check this site everyday hoping to see any new Clapton shows added. Thanks for all your work on these shows. Does anybody know if this concert will be released as a DVD? If not it will be a travesty.
A DVD will be released sometime this fall.
And I love this site, keep it up as EC concerts can be some of the best, never mind what others say. EC is not just Tears in Heaven and Wonderful Tonight - in fact, hard core fans hate these songs.
You have posted twice as much Pink Floyd stuff than Clapton's and nobody's ever asked you an explaination for that behaviour.
You can't hurt people with music but you can realy cause damage with words.
Pay no attention to that non-sense, keep the music up
I am still waiting for a DVD release of these shows. Somebody said this fall. If they don't put this out as a DVD it will be a travesty. Any word out there about an upcoming release?
Post a Comment