Friday, October 24, 2008

Yes: Wembley 1978 Unofficial Tracks (KBFH Pre-FM) FLAC

Tourmato-Wembley-front
October 28, 1978, evening show
Wembley Arena, London, England, UK
Recorded by the BBC
King Biscuit Flower Hour 3 Reel Special (Pre-FM)
Lineage: Pre-FM Reels -> WAV -> xACT 1.56 -> FLAC
Received from WH as WAV files, I believe he also did the transfer. FLAC files by PH.
Often listed as "LA 1978" but it is definately from Wembley 28 Oct 1978

Track list:
01. Intro: Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (removed) 01:25
02. Siberian Khatru 10:08
03. Heart Of The Sunrise 11:05
04. Circus Of Heaven 04:47
05. Don't Kill The Whale (removed) 05:02
06. Clap 04:50
07. Starship Trooper 10:06
08. Madrigal/On The Silent Wings Of Freedom 10:22
09. I've Seen All Good People (removed) 07:21
10. Roundabout(removed) 08:40
Total running time: 73:48

On the FM broadcast version, Jon says "Welcome to Wembley...." and so on after Siberian Khatru. On this Pre-FM version it is apparently edited out.
(KBFH often lists this show as Los Angeles Forum 6 Oct 1978. The LA show might have been recorded for KBFH and then shelved due to technical
or performance problems. The possibility remains that Yes decided to use the 28 Oct BBC recording in place of the 6 Oct LA show.)
The FM broadcast version also contains two additional tracks, the complete setlist was as follows:
http://forgottenyesterdays.com/date.asp?s=5&tname=9&tdate=1388&navb=10

P=Present on Pre-FM version
F=Present on FM broadcast version

P-F Intro: Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
P-F Siberian Khatru
P-F Heart Of The Sunrise
Future Times/Rejoice
P-F Circus Of Heaven
F Time And A Word/Long Distance Runaround/Survival/The Fish (Schindleria
Praematurus)/Perpetual Change/Soon
P-F Don't Kill The Whale
P-F Clap
P-F Starship Trooper
P-F Madrigal/On The Silent Wings Of Freedom
Wakeman Solo
F Awaken
P-F I've Seen All Good People
P-F Roundabout

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-33d14a
http://lix.in/-3557eb
http://lix.in/-36de8c
http://lix.in/-38652d


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-2c302f
http://lix.in/-2db6d0
http://lix.in/-2f3d71
http://lix.in/-30c412


Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sound quality on this recording is astonishing, miles away from the PRRP037 release ! thanks dave ! a true gem for every Yes fan ! but, is the complete broadcast available in this quality ? i suppose not, otherwise you would have posted it... right ?

Anonymous said...

I cannot post officially released tracks.
Perhaps some Yes fans can share where you can find an official release of this concert and then blend the unofficial tracks in.
Dave

PS On another note, I shared that I picked up a copy of Yes' Fragile LP with the 8 1/2' by 11" inserts in perfect condition. Is there anyone out there that would like high definition scans of that artwork posted?

Anonymous said...

Argh, Yes... hmm. First, many thanks for this and all your excellent travails.
But I went along to one of their UK concerts yonks ago. Got a feeling it was late 70s so it might have been this one. Weird. I didn't enjoy it. They had the stage in the centre and it revolved! Of course the cables meant it wasn't a true 'Roundabout'. You won't believe it but I got up and left before the end...
Oh well. Might d/l this one but there are so many good ones on this site I'm like the kid in the candystore!
Cheers
Roy

Anonymous said...

According to: http://forgottenyesterdays.com/, 'Don't Kill The Whale' is on Yesshows & 'I've Seen All Good People' is on Classic Yes, but I can't find where the other two tracks were officially released.

Anonymous said...

Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?

Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?

Enter here:


Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...

Click HERE to read!

You can't miss it:

FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS