Friday, April 6, 2012

The Wh?: New York 1979 (VG- Aud) FLAC

The Lostbrook Tape Series Volume 125
Copy of The Who MSG, NYC, NY 1979-09-18-fr
September 18, 1979
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA

Recording Equipment: Internal Mic>Sanyo M2533 Tape Deck>(1)TDK SD C90 and (1)BASF Headmaster> Alesis TapeLinkUSB>Audacity>WAV
Taper: Lostbrook
Mastering: CQ
Artwork: ethiessen1

OU: I've always regretted that I never saw The Who up close. I was certainly no stranger to the scalpers, and easily could have paid my way into the first few rows. I really have no excuse. As a result, this recording sounds a bit distant, which
is what happens when you sit all the way across the arena. This was the last of the five performances by The Who at Madison Square Garden in September 1979. It was also the night that The Who stopped playing in the middle of "My Wife" when a fight broke out in front of the stage. Also of interest, Townshend presented Daltrey with a guitar after "The Real Me" for his guitar-work the previous evening when Pete had injured his hand. The Who rocked the crowd with a commanding performance this night. We couldn't have known it then, but it would be almost 17 years until they would return to Madison Square Garden.

01 Cheers (0:42)
02 Substitute (2:59)
03 I Can't Explain (3:33)
04 Baba O'Riley (6:11)
05 The Punk And The Godfather (6:03)
06 My Wife (7:25)
07 Sister Disco (5:03)
08 Behind Blue Eyes (4:34)
09 Music Must Change (6:47)
10 Drowned (7:32)
11 Who Are You (8:12)
12 5:15 (6:36)
13 Pinball Wizard (3:13)
14 See Me Feel Me (5:16)
15 Long Live Rock (5:25)
16 My Generation (2:54)
17 Dreaming From The Waist (5:26)
18 Magic Bus (7:00)
19 I Am An Animal (2:48)
20 Won't Get Fooled Again (10:54)
21 The Real Me (5:23)
22 Shakin' All Over>(I'm A)Roadrunner (8:41)

Roger Daltrey: harmonica, vocals
John Entwistle: vocals, bass
Kenney Jones : drums
Pete Townshend : vocals, guitar
John Bundrick: piano, keyboards
Howie Casey: saxophone
Reg Brooks: trombone
Dave Stillwell: trumpet

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-b5f8b3
or
http://lix.in/-b2eb7b
http://lix.in/-b4721c
http://lix.in/-b5f8bd
http://lix.in/-b77f5e
http://lix.in/-b905ff
http://lix.in/-ba8ca0
http://lix.in/-bc1341
http://lix.in/-bd99e2

or
http://zczznm.link-protector.com
http://zczznz.link-protector.com
http://zczznn.link-protector.com
http://zczznc.link-protector.com
http://zczznr.link-protector.com
http://zczzns.link-protector.com
http://zczzcx.link-protector.com
http://zczzcw.link-protector.com


filepost.com
http://lix.in/-bc1323
or
http://lix.in/-b905eb
http://lix.in/-ba8c8c
http://lix.in/-bc132d
http://lix.in/-bd99ce
http://lix.in/-afde2f
http://lix.in/-b164d0
http://lix.in/-b2eb71
http://lix.in/-b47212

or
http://zczzzn.link-protector.com
http://zczzzc.link-protector.com
http://zczzzr.link-protector.com
http://zczzzs.link-protector.com
http://zczznx.link-protector.com
http://zczznw.link-protector.com
http://zczznv.link-protector.com
http://zczznk.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

No comments: