Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pink Floyd: Boston Garden 1975 (Ex Aud) FLAC

2Pink_Floyd-wish-l
With all due respect to Dan Lampinski (I love the man's work), for many this remains the 1975 tour standard and it is a recent transfer from the master.
1975-06-18 Wednesday
Boston Garden, Boston, MA
Steve Hopkins's Master Audience Cassettes taped from the 10th row, left center (floor section CC, row 10, seat 14)
w/ Sony ECM-99A microphone hand-held > Sony TC-152SD > DAT > CDRs(0)Dolby B decoded and mastered by Steve Hopkins in his digital transfer of 2005 > my CDR clone > EAC > .WAV > TLH > .FLAC
Total Time: 134:56

Disc One, Set I (55:36):
01. Raving and Drooling
02. You Gotta Be Crazy
03. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5) >
04. Have a Cigar >
05. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9)

Disc Two, Set II (79:20):
01. Speak to Me >
02. Breathe >
03. On the Run >
04. Time >
05. Breathe Reprise >
06. The Great Gig in the Sky >
07. Money >
08. Us and Them >
09. Any Colour You Like >
10. Brain Damage >
11. Eclipse
12. ovation & tuning
Encore:
13. Echoes

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-714b64
or
http://lix.in/-6e3e04
http://lix.in/-6fc4a5
http://lix.in/-714b46
http://lix.in/-638fa7
http://lix.in/-651648
http://lix.in/-669ce9
http://lix.in/-68238a
http://lix.in/-69aa2b

or
http://vkmnnw.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnv.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnk.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnm.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnz.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnn.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnc.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnr.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-6fc49b
or
http://lix.in/-682362
http://lix.in/-69aa03
http://lix.in/-6b30a4
http://lix.in/-6cb745
http://lix.in/-6e3de6
http://lix.in/-6fc487
http://lix.in/-714b28
http://lix.in/-638f89

or
http://vkmnzk.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzm.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzz.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzn.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzc.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzr.link-protector.com
http://vkmnzs.link-protector.com
http://vkmnnx.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one is great (along with Dan's) but let us not forget Mike Millard's recording from the LA Sports Arena in 1975--that remains the "tour standard" (imo). ;)

QualityBootZ said...

Ouch, I (temporarily) forgot that one. I'm gonna change the front page.

Innocent Bystander said...

I agree that it's hard to beat Dan or Mike's tapes from shows/tours - however I'm always willing to give someone else a listen just to see :-)

Thanks as always, this looks like a good one.

biboprof said...

What's the difference between this one and the PRRP remaster ECHOES OF THE STAGE ? Is this from a different source ?

Beth said...

I have a boot from this concert called Echoes From The Garden, and I'm curious as to whether or not this is of superior quality to that one. I was always told that was the best one aside from Cruel But Fair (Millard's recording).

I'll definitely download this and check it out, thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now I have four versions! I just compared the first song of all of them. I have to say Dan's is the best. His version is lacking a bit on the low end though, nothing a little boost won't fix. Here's my ranking, and they sound like all different sources to me.
1. Lampinski's
2. Boston Garden Masters
3. Echoes In The Garden
4. Hopkin's

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

Who am I to say something about it but without 'Wish You Were Here' on the setlist this can't be the tour standard recording, and also missing 'Welcome to the Machine',the quality can be the best but the songs itself are their work,their main product so...

Anonymous said...

The songs "Welcome to the Machine" and "Wish You Were Here" were not played on the 1975 tour. They were first played on the 1977 Animals Tour, as part of the second set when the entire "Wish You Were Here" album was played.

trippinjohn said...

Thanks for the upgrade, this was one of my first bootlegs other than the Dead, but the version i had was lossy...can't wait to listen!

QualityBootZ said...

I believe that Echoes From The Garden is from this source, this is a more recent conversion however and may sound a tad clearer than the aforementioned.

Beth said...

I just had an opportunity to listen to both this recording and Echoes In The Garden, and this one blows that one away, IMO. The vocals are much more crisp and less distant-sounding, and the instrumentation sounds very vibrant and almost like they're playing right in front of you. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with a previous posting stating that "cruel but fair" is THE best of this tour. This show is excellent however, but the lack of significant crowd noise (especially the broad that can't stop talking near the mike on the Boston show) makes the LA show makes it sound almost like a soundboard.

Anonymous said...

i downloaded the boston 1975 gig with the megaupload but im missing you got to be crazy,and the shine on parts and echoes it plays raving and drooling then skips to have a cigar .is there something i have done wrong.is any one else had this problem please help.