the man, but not the cover
February 23, 1969
Chicago, IL @ Key Largo's
SBD > Reel To Reel > ? > CDR > EAC > FLAC > WAV > Cool Edit Pro (convert each channel from mono to stereo and mixed both channels together for a balanced mix) > FLAC
DISC ONE:
1. Million Miles Away 13:18
2. Don't Laugh At Nobody 8:15
3. Pretty Baby 5:25
4. Little Bird 11:41
5. Crazy About You Woman 7:42
6. How Much Is That Chicken 1:19
DISC TWO:
1. If You Don't Love Me 7:30
2. I Had A Dream 10:17
3. Killing Floor 5:38
4. How Many More Years 8:54 *
5. Instrumental 1:50
6. Crosscut Saw 8:29
7. Sock It To Me 4:24
* (Possible microphone connection issue from 0:45 - 1:00)
OU: This recording had all the vocals, drums, and keys in the left channel and all the guitar and bass in the right channel, making for an odd mix. I took each channel, converted it to stereo, then mixed it all together to have a balanced mix. It's much easier to listen to now.
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-68dd84
or
http://lix.in/-720540
http://lix.in/-6449a1
http://lix.in/-65d042
or
http://vknmsk.link-protector.com
http://vknmsm.link-protector.com
http://vknmsz.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-68ddac
or
http://lix.in/-6d7167
http://lix.in/-6ef808
http://lix.in/-707ea9
or
http://vknmsn.link-protector.com
http://vknmsc.link-protector.com
http://vknmsr.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
9 comments:
Love this old blues stuff. Funny how when you see the song titles to so many old blues, folk and country songs you see titles that Dylan has picked up on to make his own songs with. That's what I think when I see "Million Miles Away" here... similar to Dylan's "Million Miles."
Bob has copied many, many other titles too, in the same tradition as these old blues/folk guys... from Bob's "Rollin' & Tumblin'" (from Muddy Waters) to "High Water" (from Charley Patton) and many more...
Interesting insight.
I posted a Howlin' Wolf studio outtakes set if you'd like more of the same + Memphis Slim is due next week.
Many thanks!!
Rolled and Tumbled onto your site a few months back. You do a fantastic job, and it's great to get some Live Wolf.
Many Thanks for all you do.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,
Mike Nomad
Thanks for the Wolf, buddy!!
I'd sure like to 'see' the other disks from the Wolf outtakes you posted earlier.
-
Great to hear some live Wolf, love the blues. Got any Fred McDowell or John Hurt? How about Albert King? Thanks for sharing, this site rules.
Hey, This is the Wolf!! thanks
this is probably too late to do anything, but whoever did this 'fix' of the howling wolf chicago 69 show should never again be allowed to use any music editing apps. this 'fix' is actually worse!
I-)
can you reup please?
Post a Comment