Monday, January 25, 2010

Led Zeppelin: Blueberry Hill 1970 (9 CD Set) FLAC - Download Friendly

This is a 9 CD Multi-Label set
live_on_blueberry_hill_2_f
Live On Blueberry Hill (also known as Blueberry Hill) is a bootleg recording of the English rock group Led Zeppelin's performance at the Los Angeles Forum on September 4, 1970, which took place during their Summer 1970 North American Tour.
The audience recording is well known for being one of the first ever Led Zeppelin bootlegs, and indeed one of the first ever rock and roll bootlegs ever released. It was initially released on the Blimp label. The album was subsequently pressed on the Trade Mark of Quality label and shipped to England. The album sold so many copies that many fans initially thought it was a legal record. The sleeve notes described it as "One hundred and six minutes and fifty three seconds of pure alive rock." The recording is of very high quality, recorded very close to the stage.
Live On Blueberry Hill derived its name from the fact that at this concert Led Zeppelin performed Fats Domino's "Blueberry Hill" as a final encore. The bootleg also features one of the few known live performances of "Out on the Tiles", a track from the group's third album. It also features "Bron-Yr-Aur", a song that wouldn't be released officially until five years later, on Physical Graffiti.
From the 1980s the bootleg became available on CD as a 2-disc set, often under the alternative titles Blueberry Hill and The Final Statements.[3]

Set List
Immigrant Song
Heartbreaker
Dazed and Confused
Bring It On Home
That's the Way
Bron-Yr-Aur
Since I've Been Loving You
Organ Solo/Thank You
What Is and What Should Never Be
Moby Dick
Whole Lotta Love (Medley)
Boogie Chillen
Moving On
Red House
Some Other Guy
Think It Over
Honey Bee
The Lemon Song
Communication Breakdown (Medley)
Good Times Bad Times
For What It's Worth
I Saw Her Standing There
Out on the Tiles
Blueberry Hill

incredible art and info:
http://zeppelinart.com/browse.asp?dir=1970%2F1970%2D09%2D04+los+angeles
compare sources:
http://www.bootledz.com/comparisons/6871.htm

links require copy and paste to browser
password to unrar link text file is quality
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-6aa6dc
or
http://vmxcwc.link-protector.com

megaupload: corrected
http://lix.in/-739c51
or
http://vmkrcc.link-protector.com

Comments welcome.

19 comments:

Tomas said...

Hi Dave,

For first, I thank you for everything you do for me and other music fans. I'm sorry that I writte my comment about this:

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2010/01/led-zeppelin-for-badge-holders-only.html

here but I want to you take note to it.
All MU links (except June 23)to documents with links to archives are unavailable ("Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available."). But the archives could be still active (I hope). Would you be so kind and check if they are? When they would be active, could you please create a new document with links to them? If they wouldn't work more, I would download this (I think great) bootleg from RS.

Many thanks (and clicks from me to you ;-)).

Col. Hessler said...

Thanks for another MASSIVE chunk of Zeppelin goodness. I will now have to consider investing in a 1 Terabyte hard drive, LOL.

Thanks, Dave!

Charlie Webster said...

Dave:
I can't thank you enough for all your hard work and generosity. You have the greatest music sharing blog on the face of the planet -- bar none.

I wanted to ley you know that the following parts:

BlueberyHilBo1art.part1
BlueberyHilBo1art.part2

have apparently been renamed by MU:

197148Khzshnf.part09
Milesrew.part3

Is it possible to fix this or has MU screwed up beyond a fix?

Anonymous said...

Is this the Empress Valley release??

madman said...

As always, Dave, thanks for all this great stuff!

Just so everyone is aware, this set doesn't have each source separated. From BootLedz.com:

"The first 8 cds of Empress Valley are multiple source mixes. Those four versions are each founded on different sources, but the constant source changing leaves the listener with nothing less than 4 mixes of the same show, in the same box. The listener can only guess what tape they're truly hearing during playback. The liner notes are deceiving."

So caveat emptor. But don't take this as a slight on Dave; he's still the man!

QualityBootZ said...

new part 1
http://lix.in/-68ed04
or
http://vmkrzv.link-protector.com

new part 2
http://lix.in/-708f05
or
http://vmkrcn.link-protector.com

Anonymous said...

this maybe a dumb question but why are there 9 CD's? Obvioulsy there are 2 or 3 shows here?

biboprof said...

Is there another good version available with just one source, not for completist ? I have the old Seeagull Records double cd but it has poor audio and it is uncomplete... Thank you

madman said...

"this maybe a dumb question but why are there 9 CD's? Obvioulsy there are 2 or 3 shows here?"

Nope, only 1 show. This is supposed to contain all five sources of this one show. But unfortuantely, they're all mixed together instead of each source appearing by itself.

I believe Rubber Dubber's source is only one CD, which is why the set is 9 instead of 10 CD's. I'd have to check.

Anonymous said...

This is obviously subjective, but I along with quite a few others believe that the Sanctuary release of this show is the best. It uses four sources, but is put together to good effect. Kudos to Dave for all he does, but this Tarantura2000release is really a waste of time.

Anonymous said...

CD1 part 5 is missing
thanks

Anonymous said...

"the Sanctuary release of this show is the best. It uses four sources"

Sounds like a good future offering?

Anonymous said...

Thanks For The great Staff
But CD 2 Track5 And Track6 Is Missing.

Anonymous said...

I confirm the link for the last part of CD2 is missing, both in rapidshare and megaupload.
Please could you post it?
Thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

For anyone struggling (and for your info Dave) - use RS only for discs 1 & 2 - use original MU links for discs 3 to 9 and all will be well. I suspect the RS and MU links cannot be mixed. I also suspect that the 'label' assigned to each disc specifies which source is dominant in that particular mix. Cheers all and many thanks Dave

Tomas said...

Hi everybody who wants to download this CD set from MU.

My advice is: Download all files for CD 1 (parts 1 and 2 from Dave's new links publicated here in one of comments). Two of those files are the same but has diferent names (I can't remember which two of them, for example could part2 = part3). So you need only one of them. Then "BlueberyHilBo2.part1.rar" is in fact "BlueberyHilBo1art.part4.rar". That means that "BlueberyHilBo2.part2.rar" is "BlueberyHilBo2.part1.rar" and "part3" is "part2". Real part3 you have to download from RS. CDs 3 to 9 are ok.

I hope that my advice is usefull.

Tomas

Anonymous said...

Password not working, neither on RS nor on MU?

Anonymous said...

My grandma wants to know what all the fuss is about this Leo Zeppelin fella???

Anonymous said...

I confirm that downloading D1 & D2 from rapidshare and D3 to D9 from megaupload will work. All parts are there. All checksums verified ok.

Don't bother downloading D1 & D2 from mega it's just a confusing waste of time! (I did at first and ended up deleting them)

[I don't know if the rapidshare links for D3 to D9 work or not. I only use rapid when there is no other choice]