Agora Night
Location: The Agora Ballroom, Cleveland, OH, USA.
Date: August 9th, 1978
Label: Crystal Cat 731-734
FM Broadcast
Original Silver CD's -->EAC v. 0,95 to WAV --> MKW Tool 0,97 to SHN>to Flac8 via TLH
Brucebase: Soundboard and radio broadcast tapes (WMMS) available - good show. It's interesting to note that this show was remastered by Bruce's management and given to KSAN in San Fransico who broadcast it as a replacement for a scheduled Winterland rebroadcast. This must have happened in 1979 sometime. The remastered show has fantastic stereo seperation and coupled with the fact that this is a good show in the first place, it has to rank as one of the best of the available shows in 1978. -
Released on LP and CD. The most recent (and best quality) CD releases of this show are "Agora Night" by Crystal Cat and "Just In Time For Summer".
Enjoy
Disc 1:
01. Intro
02. Summertime Blues
03. Badlands
04. Spirit In The Night
05. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
06. Factory
07. The Promised Land
08. Prove It All Night
09. Racing In The Street / Thunder Road
10. Jungleland
Disc 2
01. Intro
02. Paradise By The C
03. Fire
04. Sherry Darling
05. Not Fade Away
06. Gloria / She's The One
07. Growin' Up
08. Backstreets
09. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Disc 3
01. Intro
02. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
03. Born To Run
04. Because The Night
05. Raise Your Hand
06. Twist And Shout
07. Incident On 57th Street *
08. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out *
09. Kitty's Back **
10. Point Blank **
* 16 Sept The Palladium, New York, NY 1978.
** 17 Sept The Palladium, New York, NY 1978.
Disc 4 - Interview, San Diego 9th July 1978. King Biscuit Flower Hour. Dave Herman, KBFH Radiostation.
01. Paradise By The C *
02. What's Up?
03. The Product!
04. Get Some Specific From You!
05. The Sign on Sunset Strip!
06. The Name Boss, Get Started!
07. Any Kind of Life
08. Feel Close To Them Fans
09. Get Together! The E Street Band
10. Terrific Time!
11. Prove It All Night! *
12. 13-14 Year When You Heard Those Records? I was Nine!
13. The Point Was!
14. It's a Continuation!
15. Meet The Producer, Jon Landau.
16. None Specific.
17. Long Time! Didn't Take That Long Actually!
18. I Like It!
19. Lots More Songs!
20. Maybe So! Hard To Sing!
21. Be A Star! Trapping.
22. Defination: That Contridiction.
* Recorded at Berkeley Community Theater, Sat 11th July 1978.
links require copy and paste to browser
the password to unrar the link list is quality
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-709b4a
or
http://vmxmcm.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-72235d
or
http://vmxmcz.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
11 comments:
I have this 4 CD set already. However I want to compliment Dave for this post. It is a great show in excellent quality - a must have!. So for those of you who don't already have it - grab it now! Disc one is particularly strong.
Cheers,
Kim
...and God bless Dave for posting my Holy Grail! This is it! THE SHOW where The Boss entered my stream of consciousness. I have looked, and looked, and begged borrowed and thought about stealing... but I could never find this show, in FLAC, anywhere. One of my friends had an FM Master in the spring of 79, and the night I heard this was as large a rock-n-roll revelation, for me, as when The Beatles first played Ed Sullivan. I was searching AGAIN about a week ago and came upon an online review which quotes The Mighty Max as saying this was their best show of all time... well, I agree. This is MUST HAVE for Springsteen fans and casual listeners alike. This is the real deal. Dave is The Man! Dave is The Man! Thanks so much, Dave. I can only believe you put this up to fulfill my request. "Thanks" just doesn't really express my appreciation but it is all I have. Time to start downloading!
I see only 896 byte size on MU and 0 bytes on Rapidshare. Can you please check on the links/files?
Thanks, and I really appreciate all your hard work and sharing these files.
Anon @ 9:10, the file you're looking at is a compressed filed with all the links listed within it. Download it, decompress it, & then you'll have the list to head over to RS to grab.
Dave,
If I were closer (& my back was better...) I'd head over your way to shovel your walkway for this one. Not for me mind you (I enjoy Bruce (especially this older stuff) but his seemingly nonstop political ranting & raving at his concerts for the past couple of decades is very tiring - just play the music we paid to hear) however Mrs IB loves him & this will make a great (if slightly late) birthday present for her.
Thanks for making her weekend & getting me somewhat out of the doghouse...
Thank you Innocent...I'm a dork :)
This is one of the best Springsteen concerts, ever. If you're a fan, and you don't have this, you NEED this. If you're not a fan, and want to know what all the fuss is about a Springsteen live show, this is the one to try.
Most circulating versions on the Internet do not include the fourth "bonus" disc because it's a King Biscuit Flower Hour interview. While the interview isn't particularly revelatory, two songs were recorded live at the Berkeley Community Theater ("Paradise By The C" and "Prove It All Night" and included in the broadcast.
Crystal Cat's remastering has improved the sound a bit, so this one gets the edge over E Street Records' "Summertime Bruce." If you have that one (and I do), this is still worth downloading, for the improved sound quality and the interview disc.
And big hearty "thank you" to Dave for posting it.
Ю僱êrvØ¡
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I've had this show as a CDR set of the "Summertime Bruce" version for years. It is probably my favorite 78 show, but my discs were flawed and the art was mangled (and I paid good money for all that via Ebay).
Finding a better (& lossless-documented) copy of Summertime Bruce has been a goal of mine for a long time now.
And this is a Crystal Cat version! My Holy Grail just got gold-plated!
Thanks!
On the subject of Holy Grails:
Prince One Night..Not So Alone New York City Live 2002 (label: Premium)
Avery Fisher Music Hall, NYC 4/9/02: 78 1/2 minute 6pm Soundcheck/Fan Club Show (very guitar heavy) and 166 min 8:15pm Concert (one of the longer shows on the tour).
After Show At The World, NYC (2am 4/10/02): 118 min. Guests include George Clinton, Gary Shider (P-Funk), Alicia Keys, and more.
I have it via mp3 D/Ls. 3 great shows performed in 10 hours! And great performances too! I think the 02-04 New Power Generation was his best band ever. This set is a true jewel!
This is the best version of this show yet. The sound is much improved over other versions that I have owned. I taped the original off the radio in 1978 and wore it down until the tape was dull sounding. I've owned the LP and several CD versions and download "upgrades". Anyway, This has crisp high, nicely separated bass tones and the performance is full of energy.
That said, Racing In The Streets and Thunder Road are not separated into individual tracks.
While listening to the recording in the car last night I noticed that the whole recording ran was ever so slightly fast. Just by maybe 0.2%, but enough to make the notes sound sharp instead of plain notes.
Has anyone else noticed this on this recording?
I wanted to know if it is just my ears before I adjust the pitch or do an A/B with the other versions that I have.
If this were not one of the pivotal bootlegs in rock music I might not waste my time, but Springsteen is my favourite artist, this is such an important concert and this is such great sound.
I'm willing to do the work and re-post what I've done. I'm just looking for some feedback.
BTW. Thank YOU for posting this and thank you for all the posts.
Incredible is an understatement! This must be the absolute best-I cannot thank you enough!!!
Absolute fantastic boot,one of the Boss's best!!!
Thanks for your greta blog!!!!
Post a Comment