Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pink Floyd: Boston 1975 (Dan Lampinski Aud Master) FLAC

PF Boston 1975-06-18-fr
Boston Garden
Boston, MA
18 June 1975
Master audience recording taped by Dan Lampinski

CD1/Set I
01 Raving And Drooling
02 You've Gotta Be Crazy
03 Shine On You Crazy Diamond I-V (spliced)
04 Have A Cigar
05 Shine On You Crazy Diamond VI-IX (spliced)

CD2/Set II
01 Speak To Me >
02 Breathe >
03 On The Run >
04 Time >
05 Breathe (reprise) >
06 The Great Gig In The Sky >
07 Money >
08 Us And Them (spliced) >
09 Any Colour You Like >
10 Brain Damage >
11 Eclipse
12 E: Echoes

Sony TC-152SD Tape Recorder
Sony ECM-99 Stereo Microphone
Maxell cassettes
Mastered and FLAC'ed by Carl Morstadt

Master Cassette -> Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction -> M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 -> CDWAV 24-bit/96-KHz wav files -> Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) -> CDWAV (track breaks) -> dBpowerAMP Audio Converter (24-bit/96-KHz wav files converted to 16-bit/44.1 KHz wav files) -> FLAC Front End (FLAC 8 with sector boundary alignment) FLAC files tagged with Foobar2000 Live Show Tagger
No EQ'ing.

Dan Lampinski recorded over 100 concerts in the Providence/Boston area, mostly between 1974 and 1978. His earliest recordings were made with an internal microphone deck, and though they are somewhat lo-fi compared to his later work, some very great moments in rock history were captured for posterity. In late 1974 he bought a Sony TC-152SD tape recorder, a Sony ECM-99 stereo microphone, and began using Maxell cassettes. He was also fortunate enough to have a friend who provided excellent taping seats for many shows, resulting in high quality recordings. In 1977, he switched over to a Nakamichi 550 tape recorder, two Nakamichi CM-300 microphones, and continued using Maxell cassettes.
He recorded many of the major 70's bands: Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull, ELP, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, Al Stewart, Alice Cooper, Jeff Beck, Bruce Springsteen, Supertramp, Jean-Luc Ponty, Moody Blues, Neil Young, The Faces, Rush, Rick Wakeman, Kansas, as well as several "under the radar" acts.
Since Dan never traded copies of his recordings, they are all essentially uncirculated. Some copies were made for friends, but these releases are the first time most of these recordings have ever seen the light of day, and are direct from his master cassettes. No EQ'ing has been done to any of the transfers. Feel free to EQ, matrix, patch, etc and re-post if you like, just give Dan credit for the original recording.
Dan was very meticulous about taking good care of his tapes and is very pleased that these recordings will now circulate among the trading community. Please honour his kindness and generosity by sharing these recordings freely.
Always remember - the more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you.
Kev & Carl June 2009

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-6a9f62
or
http://lix.in/-6a9f6c
http://lix.in/-5ce3cd
http://lix.in/-5e6a6e
http://lix.in/-5ff10f
http://lix.in/-6177b0
http://lix.in/-62fe51
http://lix.in/-6484f2
http://lix.in/-660b93
http://lix.in/-679234
http://lix.in/-6918d5


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-648164
or
http://lix.in/-678eb0
http://lix.in/-691551
http://lix.in/-6a9bf2
http://lix.in/-5ce053
http://lix.in/-5e66f4
http://lix.in/-5fed95
http://lix.in/-617436
http://lix.in/-62fad7
http://lix.in/-648178
http://lix.in/-660819


I couldn't wait until tomorrow - enjoy boot #7 today!

21 comments:

Innocent Bystander said...

Thanks for not waiting until tomorrow. My afternoon's music looks like it's going to be great.

Anonymous said...

Great, the Boston shows of Pink Floyd always sound awesome. Could you please post the Boston Music Chall 1973 show, I've been looking for it for a long time in Flac but no sight of it>

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting another great sounding Floyd show! Dan Lampinski definitely did a great job and the show sounds awesome.

Dr. Forrester said...

Boston '73? Try this -

http://just-add-cones.blogspot.com/2009/10/pf-1973-03-14-boston-music-hall.html

or

http://just-add-cones.blogspot.com/2009/09/pf-1973-03-14-boston-music-hall.html

or

http://just-add-cones.blogspot.com/2009/03/pf-1973-03-14-boston.html

Unknown said...

Once I saw the splice notations I decided that I'm going to wait for the inevitable splice repairs and re release.

Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix: "Won't have to wait 'til tomorrow!"

Anonymous said...

Randy said...

Once I saw the splice notations I decided that I'm going to wait for the inevitable splice repairs and re release.

May be awhile-there are sections of music missing where the splices are and there are speed issues with the recording itself that would make it very difficult to match the missing sections (as well as the issue of matching the clarity of Dan's recording). You'll likely see a speed corrected version with the bass mixed louder first-a completed version-not so much.

Unknown said...

But couldn't the missing bits be taken from another show on the tour, ala the missing bit in Have A Cigar on Cruel But Fair? Cruel But Fair being an excellent source to borrow from.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I appreciate the great music. This is certainly infinitely better than any Splice Girls music.

belexes said...

Thanks very much for sharing this show. And also many thanks to Dan Lampinski for that what he have done.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave for another great Dan Lampinski recording and another awesome Pink Floyd show. All of the Lampinski recordings have been amazing sounding so far and I am sure this will be no less spectacular. Dan's recordings have been so crisp and clean with really beautiful sound quality especially for "raw" recordings (personally I wouldn't do any sort of remastering on them). These recordings have given me an all new appreciation for audience recorded material...simply superb...thanks Dan, Carl and Dave!!! ROCK ON!!!

Anonymous said...

Blogger Randy said...

But couldn't the missing bits be taken from another show on the tour, ala the missing bit in Have A Cigar on Cruel But Fair? Cruel But Fair being an excellent source to borrow from.

Best bet would be from Steve Hopkins' tape of the same show but rememeber, these are not digital board tapes-you have different mic locations, etc again matching tape speed is going to be a major issue here... a knowledgable source says:
"The motors used in battery powered cassette decks had more speed fluctuation than you can imagine. It only becomes apparent when you try to synchronize two analog sources of the same concert. Even if you stretch or shrink one track so that it starts and ends on the same exact note as the other, the drift causes them to get out-of-synch within seconds. You have to cut them into very tiny pieces to have any hope of getting a listenable result."

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that this show is from the same date and venue as PRRP release #38 also posted on this site, it will be interesting to compare the two. Thanks again!!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished listening to the whole show twice. It sounds real nice for it's age. Thanks man! Also, I did not even notice any slice(s),no big deal. And if there are any speed issues I feel they're minor. I've heard much worse speed problems. This version is a keeper as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

sounds freaking great, good show!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good no matter how you slice it, or splice it!

Casablancas said...

Thanks for posting these music!

belexes said...

Me again after hearing the show sometime and I sy you thank again. Great post.
Nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Finally had a chance to listen to this amazing performance from an awesome band...WOW...and the sound quality is like all the other Dan Lampinski recordings STELLAR!!! The splices mentioned are very minor and in no way detract from a truly wonderful sounding audience recording from one of the greatest bands...thanks again!!!

Anonymous said...

Seems to be missing Disc 01/Track 01.
Also, using extract Frog, clicking on part01 extracts artwork but no flac. I then tried clicking on part02 and it extracted the flacs (all but d1t01).

Possible to re-up d1t01 on RS?

Oh, and MU link(first one at least)is gone.

Thanks for the great musics!

dstache said...

No problems downloading. A+ sound quality, one of the best AUDs I have heard. Thanks!