Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Louis Armstrong: Chapel Hill 1954 (Soundboard) FLAC

louis-armstrong
Date: May 8, 1954
Location: University of North Carolina Memorial Hall - Chapel Hill, NC
Source: SBD?

. Intro
2. Sleepy Time Down South
3. Back Home Again in Indiana
4. A Kiss to Build a Dream On
5. The Bucket's Got a Hole In It
6. Blueberry Hill
7. Tin Roof Blues
8. Struttin' with Some Barbecue //
9. It Wonderful
10. Kyle's Medley
11. The Man I Love
12. Margie
13. Big Mama's Back In Town, Love that man (w/ Velma Middleton)

Disc 2
1. Baby, It's Cold Outside
2. Stompin' at the Savoy
Set Break
3. A Nawlin's Funeral
4. Say Si Bon
5. Up the Lazy River //
6. - 8. Shadrack/Saints Medley
9. High Society
10. Salad
11. Dum Dum Dummy Song
12. Interview //
13. Struttin' with Some Barbecue (filler)

Louis Armstrong - Trumpet, Vocals
Kenny Johns - Drums
Billy Kyle - Piano
Arvel Shaw - Bass
Trummy Young - Trombone
Barnie Begard - Clarinet
Thelma Middleton - Vocals

I believe that I posted this previously - grab it while you can!

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-691f28
or
http://lix.in/-6aa5b5
http://lix.in/-6c2c56
http://lix.in/-5e70b7
http://lix.in/-5ff758
http://lix.in/-617df9
http://lix.in/-63049a
http://lix.in/-648b3b
http://lix.in/-6611dc
http://lix.in/-67987d


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-679891
or
http://lix.in/-617e21
http://lix.in/-6304c2
http://lix.in/-648b63
http://lix.in/-661204
http://lix.in/-6798a5
http://lix.in/-691f46
http://lix.in/-6aa5e7
http://lix.in/-6c2c88
http://lix.in/-5e70e9


Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Innocent Bystander said...

Great timing again Dave, are you reading my mind? Mrs Bystander has recently been wearing out a Louis Armstrong Christmas CD & just yesterday asked me for more of his music for Christmas. This one will certainly go under the tree for her.

Now for a minor request. Do you have any Genesis from the "...and then there were three" tour/era? This Thursday is our anniversary (21 years, wow where does the time go?) & "Follow You, Follow Me" was 'our song' at the wedding. I've found a couple of concerts from that era from the "big" (PRRP, etc) bootleg providers but was hoping that you had a not so widely circulated concert tucked away somewhere in your archives.

As always, thanks for everything that you've done & are continuing to do.

IB

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Louis.
Rowland from Australia

Anonymous said...

I love Louis. Thanks.

Best, Dutchy

PS yesterday I tried to post a message here but suddenly I had to install Quicktime, which didn't work, in order to hear the word verification. It is nice that Google and Apple want to take on Microsoft together but I hope it won't infringe on my freedom to post comments and thanks on QB! Everything seems okay now anyway.

error7zero said...

Not Thelma ... but Velma.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the wonderful music Dave!

Having a problem with Link 1.
(http://lix.in/-617e21)
(LouiNC.part01.rar)
Have downloaded both rapid and mega files - twice!

Getting "file is broken"
error message for CD1, Track Four
when unpacking all files.

Please reload?

Thank you.