This started life as BBC unreleased VA 1 a torrent on DIME so thanks to the uploader
I thought I could improve on it (IMHO) and add some artwork. First off if your looking for VG++ recordings go else where. Some are very good as they re-broadcast versions but some have been recorded with a mic in front of the speaker. So if anyshow up as MP3 in origin that's more than likley why. It's not all obscure but I have done quite a lot of research for this and I'm pretty sure that none have had an offical release. I have tried to find out dates but just not possible with some track, if you have positive date please let me know
Sgt Weatherman July 2009
01. Cream Outside Women Blues - Rec 1967-01-10 Bcst 1967-01-14 Saturday Club
02. Julie Driscoll with Brian Auger & Trinity Old Jim Crow - Rec 1968-07-10 bcst 1968-10-68 Top Gear*
03. The Nice -Get To You (version 2--longer) - Rec 1969-06-02 Bcst 1969-06-08 Top Gear*
04. Fleetwood Mac -Dead Shrimp Blues - Rec 1968-05-27 Bcst 1968-06-02 Top gear*
05. Al Stewart--Absolutely Sweet Marie - Rec 1972-03-08 Bcst 1972-04-28 Top Gear*
06. Son House Death Letters - 06. Rec 1970-07-06 Bcst 1970-07-11 Top Gear
07. Kippington Lodge--Younger Girl - Bcst 1968-00-00*
08. Rod Stewart (with Ian Mac)--Good Morning Little School Girl - No Data Possibly 12/1970*
09. Procol Harum--Morning Dew - Rec 1967-06-14 Bcst 1967-06-18 Easy Beat (with Royer and Harrison)*
10. Simon and Garfunkel--Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound - No Data Possibly 01/1965*
11. Chicken Shack (featuring Christine McVie)--Love Me or Leave Me - rec 1968-04-17 Bcst 1968-04-28 Top Gear*
12. Blodwyn Pig--Rock Me Baby - No Data (not a Top Gear Session)*
13. The Iveys--Birthday (Pete Ham lead vocals) - Rec 1969-07-31 Bcst 1969-08-00 Sounds Like Tony Brandon*
14. David Bowie--Waiting For the Man (version two) - Rec 1970-03-25 Bcst 1970-04-06 Andy Ferris Show*
15. Traffic--Blindman - rec 1968-02-26 bcst 1968-03-03 Top Gear *
16. Brian Auger & The Trinity--I'm Not Talking - Rec 1968-10-07 Bcst 1968-10-27 Top Gear *
17. Love Sculpture Do I Still Figure In Your Life - Rec 1968-04-02 Bcst 1968-04-21 Top Gear
18. Cochise - Past Loves - Rec 1970-00-00 Bcst 1970-07-04 Top Gear
19. Mandrake Paddle Steamer - The Ivory Castle Of Solitaire Husker - Rec 1969-03-25 Bcst 1969-04-06 Top Gear
20. Joe Cocker & The Grease Band--Mr. Bus Driver - Rec 1968-06-09 Bcst 1968-07-14 Top Gear*
21. Led Zeppelin--Sunshine Woman - Rec 1969-03-13 Bcst 1969-04-14 Alexis Korner's Rhythm and Blues (BBC World Service)*
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-65403f
or
http://lix.in/-6ce164
http://lix.in/-5f25c5
http://lix.in/-60ac66
http://lix.in/-623307
http://lix.in/-63b9a8
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-6ce16e
or
http://lix.in/-654049
http://lix.in/-66c6ea
http://lix.in/-684d8b
http://lix.in/-69d42c
http://lix.in/-6b5acd
Comments welcome.
1 comment:
GREAT STUFF, Dave!!
Nice mix - was perfect for my Sunday afternoon!
Thanks so much for all the wonderful stuff you do & a
Happy Holiday to you!
Post a Comment