Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Neil Young and The International Harvesters: New Orleans 1984 (Speed Corrected Soundboard) FLAC

cover
World's Fair Amphitheatre
New Orleans, LA
09.27.84
Source: SBD>MC>DATs (via Mr. Zeau)
Transfer DAT > Tascam DA-20mkII > coax > Delta Dio 2496 > Wavelab 5.01 (tracking; error correction) > FLAC
Speed Corrected (by bb): FLAC > WAV > Adobe Audition Time Stretch 93% > FLAC

Disc 1
(?missing: first song of the show?)
1. Hawks & Doves
2. Comes A Time
3. Bound for Glory
4. Are There Any More Real Cowboys?
5. Fingers
6. Heart Of Gold
7. Amber Jean
8. Roll Another Number
9. Love Is A Rose
10. Southern Pacific
11. The Needle And The Damage Done
12. Helpless
13. California Sunset
14. It Might Have Been

Disc 2
1. Flying On The Ground Is Wrong
2. Soul Of A Woman
3. In The Field Of Opportunity, It's Plowing Time Again
4. Old Man
5.Powderfinger
Encore:
6. Band Intros
7. Get Back To The Country
8. Four Strong Winds
9. Down By The River Intro >
10. Down By The River

1/4 second gap in Comes at Time @ 6:12. Repaired a small digisnit at 31:58 in Amber Jean, and a pair at 46:29.150, and others at 46:51.900, 47:13.180, 47:13.220. You won't notice those. There is some isolated distotion in Flying On The Ground Is Wrong, due to levels being too high.

Neil Young - Guitar, Vocals, Harmonica
Anthony Crawford - Banjo, Mandolin, Guitar, Fiddles
Spooner Oldham - Piano
Carl G. "Junkyard" Himmel - Drums
Ben Keith - Pedal Steel
Tim Drummond - Bass
Rufus Thibideaux - Pedal Steel

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-69997f
or
http://lix.in/-668c29
http://lix.in/-6812ca
http://lix.in/-69996b
http://lix.in/-6b200c
http://lix.in/-6ca6ad
http://lix.in/-6e2d4e
http://lix.in/-6071af

or
http://vvcwvm.link-protector.com
http://vvcwvz.link-protector.com
http://vvcwvn.link-protector.com
http://vvcwvc.link-protector.com
http://vvcwvr.link-protector.com
http://vvcwvs.link-protector.com
http://vvcwkx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-684e2a
or
http://lix.in/-6ce203
http://lix.in/-6e68a4
http://lix.in/-60ad05
http://lix.in/-6233a6
http://lix.in/-63ba47
http://lix.in/-6540e8
http://lix.in/-66c789

or
http://vvccxv.link-protector.com
http://vvccxk.link-protector.com
http://vvccxm.link-protector.com
http://vvccxz.link-protector.com
http://vvccxn.link-protector.com
http://vvccxc.link-protector.com
http://vvccxr.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

9 comments:

biboprof said...

HI Dave I noticed that you have posted a safe link other than lix.in, I suppose in order to resolve the Italian users recent problems. Thanks a lot ! :- )

QualityBootZ said...

that's the hope...did it just for you.

Stadium Studios said...

Funny story here: I was 10 years old and at the World's Fair in New Orleans in 1984 on a family vacation. I can remember seeing the line going into the amphitheater for this very show. I knew something was happening and I remember my dad saying something about a concert. This kind of stuff just blows my mind man. I am going to listen to this show now and try to place myself back then and see what happens. Wild. Thanks Dave!

igdfpro said...

Very interesting, Stadium Studios... That's the little coincidences that give life a very special flavor.

And Dave... Thank you very much for this...

Never too young!

Anonymous said...

I was also at the World's fair in New Orleans in 84, but I did not remember this event. Pretty cool. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Neil !
I've got trouble with the last Megaupload file ... but I'll try again, got it once (said corrupt), now not available.
Happy New year and Best Wishes.
Hervé

Toxxy said...

Excellent Dave, thx very much for these tunes...and ALL the great shows you've posted in 2009...simply AMAZING!!!!

Happy New Year old buddy, all the best...cheers from Denmark!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic stuff, thanks so much - we all have favourite eras for NY but live, I think this band were amazing: do you have the Catalyst Club '84 shows, where they played 'So Tired Of Talking To Strangers' and other unreleased corkers? Thanks again so very much.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this. Anthony Crawford was at home eating a bowl of cheerios when the phone rang. "It's Neil Young" said the voice on the other end. "Bullshit," thought Anthony. But it turns out it was indeed Neil. BTW, it's Rufus on fiddle, not pedal steel. thanks again.