Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Grateful Dead: Huntingon 1978 (Soundboard) FLAC

GD_Faithful_Front
For the Faithful
Huntingon, WV
April 16, 1978

Kiss The Stone KTS 528/29
(claims to be Digital) Soundboard

101 Jack Straw
102 Dire Wolf
103 Cassidy
104 Peggy O
105 Mexicali Blues
106 Mama Tried
107 They Love Each Other
108 New Minglewood Blues
109 Scarlet Begonias
110 Fire On The Mountain
111 Samson And Delilah
112 Ship Of Fools
201 Estimated Prophet
202 Eyes Of The World
203 Drums-Space
204 Iko Iko
205 Sugar Magnolia
206 U.S. Blues
tested ok (files decodable without error). 4% rar recovery

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-6ac96a
or
http://lix.in/-6942d3
http://lix.in/-6ac974
http://lix.in/-5d0dd5
http://lix.in/-5e9476
http://lix.in/-601b17
http://lix.in/-61a1b8
http://lix.in/-632859
http://lix.in/-64aefa
http://lix.in/-66359b


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-5d0dc1
or
http://lix.in/-5e9458
http://lix.in/-601af9
http://lix.in/-61a19a
http://lix.in/-63283b
http://lix.in/-64aedc
http://lix.in/-66357d
http://lix.in/-67bc1e
http://lix.in/-6942bf
http://lix.in/-6ac960


Comments welcome.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Iko Iko was still a new song. This was only the 6th time it had been performed. It is play more slowly than usual. Overall its a great show. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Concerning the "claims to be digital"..."The Deadhead's Taping Compendium: Volume II" lists this show as a "Betty Board, 7-inch reel, 1/2 track, 7 1/2 ips, MR>PCM>DAT". Most likely the source is refering to the latter part of the lineage. I belive the "Compendium" also contains an interview with Don Pearson who states that the Dead did not do digital recording until 1982. In any case, thank you so very much for the high quality Dead showing up lately. You are the BEST!

michael92105 said...

Named our first Rotty "Aiko" (with the A) out of love for the song. Yes, thank you!

QualityBootZ said...

I was just referring to the artwork which used "DDD" to describe the product. I always thought that the first "D" in "DDD" was digital recording.

In any case it is an excellent offering. thx again Randy for sharing these out of your collection.
-Dave

Anonymous said...

Thanks Randy. Anything from Fall 72? This was a high quality analog release, back in the days of trading analog tape. So the sound quality of this recording is excellent, I'm sure. It is a so-so show, over-all. Yet, has there ever been a bad version of Scarlet/Fire?

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Randy and Dave for this is now one of the best sounding shows & performances in my Dead collection! One of the best KTS recordings I've ever heard.

Cheers.

ericjmz said...

Stop it!

Stopitstopitstopit!!!

My hard drive is fillin' up with a plethora of dead to the extent that other stuff is being pushed out.
It s not like I can exercise self-control,after all!

As so many serial killers have said:
" Stop me before I kill again!"

ericjmz

trippinjohn said...

Many thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Eric - give it up. I went and bought a 1 terabyte external drive from SAMS for about $100 (Western Digital). You can not fight Dave and his amazing mind powers.