Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Grateful Dead: Autzen Stadium 1993 (Soundboard) FLAC (FIXED)

fixed (right) - read comments
GD_Oregon_2_Box_cover
Oregon - the day After
Kiss The Stone (KTS 3012)
Source: Digital SBD (DDD days the cover but you know how that goes...)

Autzen Stadium
University of Oregon
Eugene, Oregon
August 22, 1993

1 crowd/tuning 05:07
2 Jack Straw 09:12
3 Bertha 08:04
4 Little Red Rooster 09:26
5 Broken Arrow 05:25
6 Althea 08:02
7 Masterpiece 05:27
8 Tennessee Jed 08:56
9 The Music Never Stopped 08:48
10 crowd/tuning) 02:46
11 Help On The Way-> 04:26
12 Slipknot!-> 05:28
13 Franklin's Tower 11:55
14 Samson And Delilah 06:46
15 Ship Of Fools 07:51
16 Corinna-> 09:23
17 Drums-> 07:46
18 Spacey Drums-> 12:38
19 Space-> 13:03
20 The Wheel-> 06:59
21 I Need A Miracle-> 04:05
22 Days Between-> 10:51
23 Not Fade Away 11:41
24 Liberty 06:28
(slight variations with info may exist)

links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-626e11
or
http://lix.in/-657b5d
http://lix.in/-6701fe
http://lix.in/-59465f
http://lix.in/-5acd00
http://lix.in/-5c53a1
http://lix.in/-5dda42
http://lix.in/-5f60e3
http://lix.in/-60e784
http://lix.in/-626e25
http://lix.in/-63f4c6
http://lix.in/-657b67
http://lix.in/-670208


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-61507a
or
http://lix.in/-676b08
http://lix.in/-59af69
http://lix.in/-5b360a
http://lix.in/-5cbcab
http://lix.in/-5e434c
http://lix.in/-5fc9ed
http://lix.in/-61508e
http://lix.in/-62d72f
http://lix.in/-645dd0
http://lix.in/-65e471
http://lix.in/-676b12
http://lix.in/-59af73


These are brand new rips of the defective tracks using different software

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-66a532
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-639908

15 comments:

Unknown said...

The most noteworthy thing about this show is the song The Days Between. It is the last great song written by Robert Hunter and sung by Jerry. It ranks up there with Terrapin Station, Scarlet>Fire, etc. I am extremely proud to have this KTS box set in my collection. Sorry I couldn't scan the poster that came with it.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to post about Days Between when I saw that Randy had beaten me to it. I agree 100%. This is one of the better versions of it, & the 1st version I ever heard. I also have the actual silver set, & for a late period GD show it's quite good.

Anonymous said...

I was at this show. The Days Between was stunning.

jt8164 said...

I, too, was at the show! Great to have this copy as my others sucked.

Seth Hollander said...

Can you possibly post a supplemental RAR with new FLACs of Need A Miracle and Not Fade Away?
When I open Miracle and NFA both files have nasty drop-outs. Miracle is really bad off: from 0:35.8 to 1:47.7 is all lost (that gap does include what sounds like a bit of the transition from Space to The Wheel or from The Wheel to Miracle!), as is 3:37.8 to 3:44.6, 3:46.85 to 3:47.6, and 4:07.9 to the end. The drop outs in NFA are shorter but more frequent.
FY(tech)I: I'm opening the RARs with UnRarX, converting the FLACs (to AIFF) with xACT, and editing the AIFFs with Sound Studio 2.0.2. xACT finds nothing wrong with the FLACs, it's in Sound Studio that I see the gaps.
otherwise:
INCREDIBLY CLEAN DSBD SOUND! I Have several KTS silver releases myself. What a label! Right up there with Crystal Cat! Two bootleg companies that seemed to care more about the music than the artists' contractual labels.
Thanks KTS! Thanks Quality Boots!

Unknown said...

Seth,

I downloaded it and gave it a listen. You're right. I will redo those tracks and get them to Dave again. Thanks for pointing that out.

michael92105 said...

Hi Randy and Dave and anyone else out there who may be able to help me. I am looking for 9.17.82 Cumberland County Civic Ctr. Portland Maine. Truly a magical show (for me) that certainly rearranged some synaptic connections in my brain that night....Thanks for all the Dead and all you do, each one of you. Sincerely.

Unknown said...

Michael,

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have that show.

trippinjohn said...

Many thanks, looking forward to checking this out, Days Between became a favorite of mine as well, it really resonates with stuff that was happening to me at that time.

Anonymous said...

Dave and Randy, thanks a lot for this great post. Randy, the re-upped version of Miracle still has drops (around 3:20). Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

QualityBootZ said...

mega is reporting "temorarily unavailable" on the fix...just be patient. They are probably just doing server maintanence

Anonymous said...

Charlotte 3/23/95 with a killer second set opening of Unbroken Chain (the best version) Scarlet/Fire and a killer Days Between after Space? Just a suggestion for a later Dead release which ranks with the early stuff... IMHO. Hornsby guesting and adding majestic piano fills throughout the entire show. I call 3/23/95 "Jerry's Last Stand" because he laid it all out there, this night, and never seemed to get it back... the final descent began after the last notes of this night were played. Keep those Dead boots coming.

Unknown said...

I gave Dave April 1st and 2nd 1995. That is as close as I can get. I would like to hear that Charlotte show as well. I guess I'll grab it from Internet Archive.

I saw Furthur New Year's Eve and was very pleasantly surprised. The general opinion was, don't compare them to what they aren't, enjoy them for what they are. I would go again. I have the flac files and have offered them to Dave.

Anonymous said...

I have a perfect copy of it... DATSBD>VHS>Disc... both sets. But alas, I wouldn't know how to upload it. Any suggestions? I'll share you teach.

Unknown said...

Rip the discs to wav files, convert to flac level 8 files. Or maybe you have software that will rip straight to flac level 8? Get a free Media Fire account. Upload the flac files to Media Fire. Post the links to the show here in comments and watch the number of downloads add up on your side.